Oh Nickel....

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
Wine, Jabba has the option of wearing eggplant if she wants to.
Have you considered having the bridesmaids all in one color but slightly different styles?

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
bresamil said:
Bridal dresses run small, or at least they did when I was in the business. Also, don't worry about color - that bit of etiquette seems to have gone out the window. Most of the brides I worked with that were doing second marriages went with rich cream (in candlelight it gave off a golden glow). The manufacturers kept pushing pink but we also carried some lovely blues and yellows.

Is your non-petite bridesmaid curvy or more of an H-shape? That helps in looking at bridesmaid fashions. One of the prettiest weddings we did had the bride in ivory and gold, and the bridesmaids in beautiful black strapless a-line gowns. They girls were a variety of ages (20-45) and sizes (8-18) but they looked fabulous - and were able to use the dresses for other events.

The biggest of my girls is every bit of a 16 or 18 and 5'9 or 10. Not curvy, just big. She's 28. The oldest of the girls is 30.

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
Have you considered having the bridesmaids all in one color but slightly different styles?

That seems to be the current trend. I like it in the pictures I've seen where the group is bunched up but I'm not sure I'd like it with the group lined up as they'd be at the alter which is where it matters. :confused:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
pixiegirl said:
That seems to be the current trend. I like it in the pictures I've seen where the group is bunched up but I'm not sure I'd like it with the group lined up as they'd be at the alter which is where it matters. :confused:

I think it would look great to have each brides maid in a different style/same color. I think it's a good idea. Each gals dress would compliment her individual figure. :yay: Then the whole wedding party looks great, and they're more comfortable in what they're wearing...they'll have more fun.

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
pixiegirl said:
Just what I was going to suggest... I did this at my wedding. My Matron of Honor, my sis, was much heavier at the time, and a tailored McClintock worked for her, while a different style, but same pattern/color/designer/buttons/trim, and so on, worked for the others - and it really came together nicely...

And, I like the dress you are leaning towards the most -

And finally, I knew the only reason you were an 8 (not in the little girls's section) is so that your breastages could walk down the aisle with you! :razz:

pixiegirl

Cleopatra Jones
vraiblonde said:
That's her problem. You're not supposed to look better than the bride - that's the #1 rule. The bigger she looks, the more dainty and delicate you will look next to her in the pictures.

And I don't think it's nice of you to talk about Chasey like she won't read this. :smack:

Believe it or not I'm not so concerned with making this the "all about Pixie" fashion event of the season. That's not why I'm getting married by any means. I picked out all my girls for specific reasons and to sum it all up because for individual reasons I can't see myself get married without them there. They are al special to me and I need them all. But I'm there to marry the love of my life with all my friends and family with us and with our children by our sides.

I want it to be nice. I want it to be elegant. I'm giving my girls say in their dresses because #1 they're paying for them and #2 I want them to be happy with them as well. But I'm not giving up total control and just handing over the reins either.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
pixiegirl said:
The biggest of my girls is every bit of a 16 or 18 and 5'9 or 10. Not curvy, just big. She's 28. The oldest of the girls is 30.

Okay, then I'm sticking with the a-line, strapless or off the shoulder, but maybe add a little jacket or caplet (for balance) and Jabba can be the one that goes without in order to stand out as matron of honor. Wine is a beautiful color for an evening wedding. To be honest I've seen the bigger girls in those pick up skirts and they look even bigger, kind of like walking drapes. Simple lines are better.

You are slender, so even the a-line skirt will look a little full on you. Definitely go strapless to show off "the girls", or at least a fitted bodice. Go with some beading, sequin work to gve the dress flow and dimension - plus it looks wonderful in the evening - pretty much a waste for daytime weddings when intricate lace overlays are more eyecatching.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
pixiegirl said:
Believe it or not I'm not so concerned with making this the "all about Pixie" fashion event of the season.
Oh. So that means I have to lower the price on the pics I was going to sell on eBay.

bresamil

wandering aimlessly
I just thought of another style that goes well, the one shoulder draped greek goddess. I don't know everyone in the wedding but Pixie and Jabba would look stunning in that style.

Last edited:

virgovictoria

Tight Pants and Lipstick
PREMO Member
elaine said:
Thanks for sharing. I'm sure pix will wear a little lacy thong under her gown, though.
Now tell me... Do YOU detect any ability of air to be circulating in that joint? I wouldn't have those things in my house, much less on my body - and most certainly NOT on my wedding day when the na-na is gonna be perspiring anyway!

That's just plain silly! :nono: