Oive in Big Trouble?

SoMdDude

That sucks for Campbell but mannn he was on the goal line when he got hit..OV was just flying into the zone on that play, have never seen him move so fast in my life..its not like he was standing one step away from the boards..he flew a couple of feet in the air after he got hit..if he would of been a lot closer to the boards, then I think OV deserved a game misconduct.

The refs have been inconsistent this year on these types of calls..hell Cooke for Pittsburgh had a much more viscous hit last week and didn't even get a suspension for it

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That sucks for Campbell but mannn he was on the goal line when he got hit..OV was just flying into the zone on that play, have never seen him move so fast in my life..its not like he was standing one step away from the boards..he flew a couple of feet in the air after he got hit..if he would of been a lot closer to the boards, then I think OV deserved a game misconduct.

The refs have been inconsistent this year on these types of calls..hell Cooke for Pittsburgh had a much more viscous hit last week and didn't even get a suspension for it

Dirty play by Ovie.

Sweet 16

^^8^^

Hell, he didn't even get two minutes!

Dirty play by Ovie.

Huh? Were we watching the same game? I saw Ovie shove the guy in the shoulder as he was turning. Not dirty or illegal and certainly not worthy of a game misconduct or suspension. Even Sidney's rah-rah boy Millbury said so, and he never has anything nice to say about Ovie or the Caps.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Hell, he didn't even get two minutes!

Huh? Were we watching the same game? I saw Ovie shove the guy in the shoulder as he was turning. Not dirty or illegal and certainly not worthy of a game misconduct or suspension. Even Sidney's rah-rah boy Millbury said so, and he never has anything nice to say about Ovie or the Caps.

He boarded the guy! He not only boarded him, the guy was falling, loss of control BEFORE he sent him into the boards! That is one of the most dangerous things you can do to a guy in hockey.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
Clean play, then?

It's hockey. It's fast and the guys are huge and people get hurt...badly. Sure, Campbell was falling..not sure what happened but his leg was going down. Ovie didn't hit him full on (hell, look at the play when Green was standing by the board and was smashed into the glass...THAT is boarding). Ovie shoved him. Was it clean? I dunno, didn't look that bad to me.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
It's hockey. It's fast and the guys are huge and people get hurt...badly. Sure, Campbell was falling..not sure what happened but his leg was going down. Ovie didn't hit him full on (hell, look at the play when Green was standing by the board and was smashed into the glass...THAT is boarding). Ovie shoved him. Was it clean? I dunno, didn't look that bad to me.

i defer to the hockey mom

:notworthy:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
i defer to the hockey mom

:notworthy:

:lol:

You ever been to an NHL game? Just curious. The advent of large TVs and HD have made viewing hockey on TV better but you have no real idea of the speed and split-second manuerving of these guys...and their size.

I think Ovie plays balls out. It troubles me sometimes because I think his career will be short. I can't say that all of his hits have been clean but I don't think he's a dirty player. That said...hockey does have an element of "dirty" play about it anyway, chippy shots and hits you never see..there's a lot of poking, etc. that goes on and the players know how to hide it.

Last edited:
He boarded the guy! He not only boarded him, the guy was falling, loss of control BEFORE he sent him into the boards! That is one of the most dangerous things you can do to a guy in hockey.

Not from the video I saw. He was turning to the left, hardly a fall and loss of control before he was hit.

Ovie pushed him at high speeds and he went into the boards. A dirty play, no - a dirty play is intentionally to hurt someone. He knew after the play he should have not pushed him at that speed and angle.

It's hockey, not ice dancing.