Oive in Big Trouble?

Baz

This. ------------------>
:yay:

Isnt Baz a Pen fan, that hit of Matt Cooke's should have been at least 4 games.

I expected Cooke to get 2-5 games for that hit, and thought he deserved it. But the NHL (and the officials working the game) didn't penalize him because he didn't break any rules. It was a cheap shot, but not technically illegal. Yet.

That will change next year.

Cooke will have to man up on Thursday and fight. I fully expect him to.

Last edited:

OldHillcrestGuy

Hunter wasn't that bad. You make it sound like he's the dirtiest player the game ever had. He was definitely a hard-hitter, and he had his share of cheapshots. I always attributed that to the fact that he was a little guy and had to hit harder just to keep up. Plus, it was a different game back then. There wasn't any big stigma for clobbering people who needed clobbering.

Funny thing, Hunter wasn't even the Big Goon on the team. A guy named Alan May was. I remember people would demand their money back if Alan May didn't get into a fight in a game.

How about Bugsy Watson?

Baz

I will be watching just to see what happens. Boston is gonna send someone after him.

I expect the fight with Cooke to happen right out of the gates, so both teams can go on with the business of playing hockey. Boston needs every point it can get to make the playoffs, so throwing 2 points away to goon it up all game long over Cooke wouldn't be very bright.

I'm sure it'll be HEAVILY officated, as well. Lots of coincidental penalties to make sure things don't get out of control.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
I expect the fight with Cooke to happen right out of the gates, so both teams can go on with the business of playing hockey. Boston needs every point it can get to make the playoffs, so throwing 2 points away to goon it up all game long over Cooke wouldn't be very bright.

I'm sure it'll be HEAVILY officated, as well. Lots of coincidental penalties to make sure things don't get out of control.

What channel is this gonna be on?

That was my thought too. Go after him early, get it out of the way. Pens know its coming, Cooke for sure knows its coming.

Baz

What channel is this gonna be on?

I don't think it's on VS., they usually don't do Thursday nights. Unless you have Center Ice or access to the local sports channels, you're not going to get it.

EDIT: NHL Network is covering it.