ok all you cop aplogists explain this ....

MMDad

Lem Putt
Give me an example where Southern Maryland Police are not abiding by the constitution without some sort of consequences? I doubt you can!

Consequences? You mean like Rossignol winning a lawsuit type consequences? Or facing discipline from within their department type?

It's kind of hard to expect the deputies to face consequences when it's the Sherriff ordering them to break the law.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Consequences? You mean like Rossignol winning a lawsuit type consequences? Or facing discipline from within their department type?

It's kind of hard to expect the deputies to face consequences when it's the Sherriff ordering them to break the law.

I never understood that. How is buying newspapers against the law?

BuddyLee

Football addict
And you can PROVE this HOW?
Got a better reason as to why they'd buy every single paper in the county?

There were two issues I had fault with in that instance. The first, MMDad already stated. The second was the use of my tax-paying money to do the act.

AK-74me

"Typical White Person"
Merlin and AK:

The other two videos still show no evidence of misconduct whatsoever.

I've still yet to see or comment on any video other than the one that happend in Yonkers, where the cop slams the woman to ground, then later in his statement says she slipped.

sommpd

No Sheriff ordered anyone to do that. You don't know what you're talking about. They were friends of the states attorney and wanted to help him. I think the lawsuit was won by the newspaper, isn't that consequences?

MMDad

Lem Putt
No Sheriff ordered anyone to do that. You don't know what you're talking about. They were friends of the states attorney and wanted to help him.
:roflmao: You're joking, right? You couldn't possibly be saying that with a straight face!

I think the lawsuit was won by the newspaper, isn't that consequences?

Did they face discipline from within their department?

sommpd

:roflmao:
You're joking, right? You couldn't possibly be saying that with a straight face!

No, I'm not joking. I was there and know what happened. Never once was it said that anyone was ordered to do anything. People volunteered to PURCHASE newspapers.

Did they face discipline from within their department?

Please tell me ole wise one...what policy did the officers who were all off duty, and not being paid by anyone, violate?

MMDad

Lem Putt
No, I'm not joking. I was there and know what happened. Never once was it said that anyone was ordered to do anything. People volunteered to PURCHASE newspapers.
You were there, huh? So you're just as guilty as the rest, right? Tell me, were any of the "volunteers" armed?

Please tell me ole wise one...what policy did the officers who were all off duty, and not being paid by anyone, violate?

Ummmm.... The first amendment to the Constitution? Or are you guys above that little technicality?

Spin it however you want to, but freedom of the press doesn't mean you and your Gestapo get to decide who gets to read the newspaper.

The bottom line is that if you were right, there would not have been a judgement calling what you did wrong.

You infringed on my right to read a story about the fact that the candidate you liked was a convicted rapist. Freedom of the press doesn't mean that I get to read only those stories that the St. Mary's County Jack Booted Thug Patrol decides are appropriate.

sommpd

You were there, huh? So you're just as guilty as the rest, right? Tell me, were any of the "volunteers" armed?

Ummmm.... The first amendment to the Constitution? Or are you guys above that little technicality?

Spin it however you want to, but freedom of the press doesn't mean you and your Gestapo get to decide who gets to read the newspaper.

The bottom line is that if you were right, there would not have been a judgement calling what you did wrong.

You infringed on my right to read a story about the fact that the candidate you liked was a convicted rapist. Freedom of the press doesn't mean that I get to read only those stories that the St. Mary's County Jack Booted Thug Patrol decides are appropriate.
The officers that went out and puchased newspapers were off duty. I don't know if they were armed or not, I would suspect they were as I am always armed when I am off duty! I did not purchase newspapers but know the officers who did very well. This is a CIVIL issue, not a CRIMINAL issue! You can sue someone in civil court and get a judgement against them, but that does not mean they violated any laws. Did the federal government arrest any of the officers for first amendment violations. No! There were newspapers available for sale that morning. There was a lower court who ruled in favor of the officers. So obviously, this wasn't a clear cut issue as to if it were right or wrong. What person before this opinion would have thought it was wrong to purchase newspapers? One other thing, you weren't deprived, the owner of the newspaper was! Did you recieve any of the funds from the suit?

Lugnut

I'm Rick James #####!
The officers that went out and puchased newspapers were off duty. I don't know if they were armed or not, I would suspect they were as I am always armed when I am off duty!

What about all the "There's no such thing as off duty" we hear from officers?

Can't have it both ways.

MMDad

Lem Putt
That's the problem with bad cops like you. You have forgotten that your first duty is to uphold the Constitution, not find a sneaky way to subvert it.

You are the reason that some people have a low opinion of cops. There are a few cops who make a bad name for the vast majority who are good cops. Too bad you choose to be one of the bad ones.

sommpd

you have no idea who I am or what I do. nice try though mmdad Unlike you I have spent my entire adult life defending the constitution here and abroad!

Last edited:

MMDad

Lem Putt
you have no idea who I am or what I do. nice try though mmdad Unlike you I have spent my entire adult life defending the constitution here and abroad!

:rolleyes: You think you are the freakin' lone ranger? Here's a clue for you, Barney: most of the people on these forums are either veterans or family members of veterans. I don't need to brag about my service to the likes of you, but suffice it to say it eclipses your pathetic efforts.

You have no respect for the Constitution. How do I know? Because you see nothing wrong with infringing on the Bill of Rights.

Your words tell me all I need to know about you. You think that you are above the law because you wear a badge. Infringing on the first amendment is okay, as long as it's you and your badge wearing buddies doing it.

sommpd

:rolleyes: You think you are the freakin' lone ranger? Here's a clue for you, Barney: most of the people on these forums are either veterans or family members of veterans. I don't need to brag about my service to the likes of you, but suffice it to say it eclipses your pathetic efforts.

You have no respect for the Constitution. How do I know? Because you see nothing wrong with infringing on the Bill of Rights.

Your words tell me all I need to know about you. You think that you are above the law because you wear a badge. Infringing on the first amendment is okay, as long as it's you and your badge wearing buddies doing it.

Why are you so angry? So you're telling me your a supporter of the bill of rights but when I express my opinion, you don't see that as my freedom, you choose to attack me with name calling. You aren't listening to what I say. I said there was no violation of policy when the people did what they did. I said they were never ordered by a sheriff, like the lie that you pointed out! I said that there was an interpretation by one court they were not in violation of his rights, and a higher court disagreed. I have never said police officers are above the law, quite the contrary! I have on numerous occasions said that if a police officer is guilty of committing a crime, he should be subjected to severe punishment!

I do believe police officers have off duty time, however they have an obligation to act which puts them on duty.

Grow up MMDad...maybe life will get better for you someday!