Osprey are coming!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

Inkpen

Holy smokes! Beautiful!:hot:

The feet amaze me...look at an older ospreys feet...dirty, stained with fish blood, some alge deep in the groves, ..
a baby..pure white, clean, never used...and they have no idea how to defned themselves with them ...yet...

And their eyes..so deep burnt orange.....

We will start getting injured birds in soon..as the eagles and the osprey will fight over fish...and they fight talon to talon!!

Jameo

What?!
A few from today

They were cranky this afternoon :lmao:

274000747_k8EfV-L.jpg

Not very clear pictures, but still neat shots I think :shrug:
274001491_vbgGh-L.jpg

274001643_Dyn9A-L.jpg

274001879_FwexW-L.jpg

T

TwilightImaging

Stalker...think I'm kidding! These are incredible images...once again!

They are fairly young...no?

Jameo

What?!
Mating flight???

Awesome action shots!!!:buddies:

There are 3 nest right in that area. I had 1 pair all :jameo: with being so close to their nest and I guess all the commotion pissed off the neighbors. I had 6 osprey flying over my head!

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
There are 3 nest right in that area. I had 1 pair all :jameo: with being so close to their nest and I guess all the commotion pissed off the neighbors. I had 6 osprey flying over my head!

That second one is awesome, Jameo! Thanks for sharing.

KurtPreston

I like all four Jameo. I amost got one similar to the third one last year, except the osprey was dive bombing a Great Blue Heron that got too close to her nest and fledglings :)

KurtPreston

Just to keep the osprey thread alive :)

Some of the nests I've seen are actually more like a bird apartment complex than a strictly 'ospery nest' ... sometimes I've seen 4 or more small bird species nesting with the osprey:

274239328_aiwap-XL.jpg

In the following shot, I bet the orders from the female were something like 'Come back with his camera ... or on it!' :

271552654_ZkEdR-XL.jpg

Jameo

What?!

Some of the nests I've seen are actually more like a bird apartment complex than a strictly 'ospery nest' ... sometimes I've seen 4 or more small bird species nesting with the osprey:

274239328_aiwap-XL.jpg

I've noticed that also with one of the nests I've been watching.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Beautiful pictures everyone. :yay: I saw one on my way this morning sitting on top of a traffic sign right by the road and went by only a few feet away. Amazingly, it never moved. I think it was very intent on getting its next meal. :lol:

T

TwilightImaging

Beautiful pictures everyone. :yay: I saw one on my way this morning sitting on top of a traffic sign right by the road and went by only a few feet away. Amazingly, it never moved. I think it was very intent on getting its next meal. :lol:

I can't wait to get out there...dang it...I'm missing all the fun!:tantrum

Did you get a picture of it Jazz?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
One week!! And it had better be sunny and 85 at the least:whistle:
"Show me the OSPREY!!"

Unless you're bringing some of that warmth from Texas, I sincerely doubt that's going to happen. :lol:

And no problems with finding osprey - they're everywhere. I know I saw at least a dozen today. :smile:

T

TwilightImaging

Amazing...I'm going to be like my first trip to Alaska...it took an extra 2 hours to get to Seward from Anch' I was pulling over every 5 minutes...I'm lucky I made it there and I wasn't put in the trunk.

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er

274239328_aiwap-XL.jpg

In the following shot, I bet the orders from the female were something like 'Come back with his camera ... or on it!' :

271552654_ZkEdR-XL.jpg

Awesome capture!!!!

I

Inkpen

One week!! And it had better be sunny and 85 at the least:whistle:
"Show me the OSPREY!!"

May be able to introduce you to 3 bald eagles.!

Too soon to be getting injured osprey at the center, eagles are being nice and not stealing fish.....

OK..back to critter paperwork...:coffee:

Dead Eye

T.P.F.er
Lil Bump

4.JPG

Look Ma ~ Its a big funny chicken

3.JPG

Cluck Cluck

2.JPG

You mean I gotta sit on these darn things How Long! Nag Nag Nag

1.JPG

Can I squeeze out a nudder one?

Last edited:

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
They are absolutely everywhere down here. One of my neighbors had his boat out on Wednesday, put it back on the lift and by noon Thursday the ospreys were starting a nest on the bimini top. Every nesting platform on St. Clement's Island is occupied as well as all channel markers surrounding the island. One nest is about 6' diameter and 3-4' tall.

Status
Not open for further replies.