Other Original RPGers out there?

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I correspond with several Twitternauts who are RPG content creators, books and videos.
Some of their output is very good, most is merely good.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
So far in reorganizing the RPG & other gaming materials that have survived 8 moves between states the past 45 years...

The prime mover, Dice, various sizes and colors.

Non game specific: 14 d4's, 270 d6's, 16 d8's, 22 d10's, 14 d12's, 23 d20's.

Decorated -
D&D - 2 20's, 2 10's, 1 ea. 4, 6, 8 & 12.
Traveller 21 d6's.

11 specialized dice for rolling up things like combat hit location, weather, compass direction, bad luck occurrence...

384 dice in all, there may be others lurking about.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I was arrested for having a Rocket Propelled Grenade during the turbulent 60's...me and the bug a boo guy were with the SDS...
In a sanctioned project for our ROTC semester study of unconventional warfare in the Spring of 1977, I built a working submachine gun.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
So far in reorganizing the RPG & other gaming materials that have survived 8 moves between states the past 45 years...

1711228405118.png

1711228435551.png

1711228463068.png

1711228482608.png

1711228503252.png

1711228528059.png

1711228552255.png

GregV814

In a sanctioned project for our ROTC semester study of unconventional warfare in the Spring of 1977, I built a working submachine gun.
1977...a newly-wed with a used 69 Corvette thought he had the world by the ........ . Little did I realize that those were the good old days golden years. But I miss that cheapazz apartment, minimal furniture and cheap beer.

stgislander

PREMO Member

Non game specific: 14 d4's, 270 d6's, 16 d8's, 22 d10's, 14 d12's, 23 d20's.

Decorated -
D&D - 2 20's, 2 10's, 1 ea. 4, 6, 8 & 12.
Traveller 21 d6's.

11 specialized dice for rolling up things like combat hit location, weather, compass direction, bad luck occurrence...

384 dice in all, there may be others lurking about.
All that and you still found a wife.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I think I found all my Chivalry and Sorcery 1E materials.
I still have yet to find a good, complete list of what FGU published.

The 1977 Red Book, the 1983 White Books, Sourcebook and Sourcebook 2.

Kingdom of Arden with all maps, 25mm Fortification Plans and Bireme & Galley (Ancient - Renaissance naval rules).

Also, 2 expansions...
Saurians: Dinosaurs & Intelligent Saurian Races
Swords & Sorcerers: Vikings, Steppes' Nomads, Gaels & Picts

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
you could fund a nice retirement selling off your collection
I'm going to start with newer games, like Pathfinder, which did not catch my interest.
I also found out that Scott Bizar, founder and owner of FGU is still with us at age 84.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I'm going to start with newer games, like Pathfinder, which did not catch my interest.

There are a couple of Facebook groups I frequent that have ' auctions '

I understand, I will point out the old rare stuff is very sought after like buried gold

Stuff like the Deities and Demigods 1st print run ....

https://www.acaeum.com/ddindexes/setpages/deities.html

In the rec.games.frp.dnd FAQ, Aardy DeVarque notes: "The first printing of Deities & Demigods included the mythoi of Cthulhu and Melnibone. The ideas behind the Cthulhu mythos were in the public domain at that time, but copyright on the Cthulhu books in print was owned by Arkham House, who had licensed Chaosium to create a Cthulhu RPG based on those books. TSR thought the public domain status allowed them to create game representations of whatever Cthulhu creatures they desired, and so that mythos was added to Deities & Demigods. TSR then contacted Michael Moorcock, who gave permission for TSR to include the Melnibonean mythos in Deities & Demigods. However, again, Chaosium had already arranged for a license to create an Elric RPG.

"Chaosium became upset that TSR was apparently violating Chaosium's licenses, and the print run of Deities & Demigods was halted while the two companies sat down to talk. Eventually, they agreed that TSR could continue printing the books with the two mythoi as is, on the condition that a note be added to the preface: 'Special thanks are also given to Chaosium, Inc. for permission to use the material found in the Cthulhu Mythos and the Melnibonean Mythos.' The printing plates were changed, and the first printing continued.

1712548896362.png

1712549071620.png

1712549130814.png