Outdoor Smoking Ban

ylexot

Super Genius
elaine said:
It's like buffalo. Not much flavor. :ohwell:
The best steaks that I've ever had have been ostrich. I think they have better flavor than beef. To each his (or her) own.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
It is about time for the people to exercise their power and tell the politicians where to stick their law.

I am not a smoker. I am married to one. I don't care about second hand smoke. No one gets out of this life without dieing, and you have to die of something and I'm not sure old age is the best way. Too many aches and pains as I get older and I am in reasonably good shape. Hunting accident might be good. :yay: Fatal one - quick and painless.

So smokers, you need to be proactive in the political process. You need an organization like the NRA or the GOA for pro-gun people. Organize and put the anti-smoking people back in their holes. Stand up for your rights. Contact your representatives. Call. Write. Show up at the hearings. Speak out. The other side did and look where you are.

:climbsoffofsoapbox:

ylexot

Super Genius
2ndAmendment said:
It is about time for the people to exercise their power and tell the politicians where to stick their law.

I am not a smoker. I am married to one. I don't care about second hand smoke. No one gets out of this life without dieing, and you have to die of something and I'm not sure old age is the best way. Too many aches and pains as I get older and I am in reasonably good shape. Hunting accident might be good. :yay: Fatal one - quick and painless.

So smokers, you need to be proactive in the political process. You need an organization like the NRA or the GOA for pro-gun people. Organize and put the anti-smoking people back in their holes. Stand up for your rights. Contact your representatives. Call. Write. Show up at the hearings. Speak out. The other side did and look where you are.

:climbsoffofsoapbox:
:yeahthat: ...and I'm not a smoker either. The first thing they need to do is to completely destroy the so-called "studies" that nobody reads, but supposedly say that second-hand smoke will kill you (hint: they don't actually say that). Fight science with science.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I hate smelling smoke, but if I'm in a place that it is reasonable to smoke, that's my problem and not yours. However, just because you are outside does not make it right to smoke. Example: smoking around kids, at a kid oriented activity. You can get downwind if you really need a fix that bad.

The thing that bothers me about these "no smoking" laws, is that they are so damn draconian. They claim it's a health issue, but they don't treat it as such. Every hazardous material in the workplace has an MSDS. It shows you the MEL, maximum exposure limit. But they don't do this for smoke. Why not?

My solution: set a MEL, then enforce it just like every other hazardous material. If the bar/restaurant owner wants to improve ventilation and allow smoking, fine. If they choose not to allow smoking, fine. We don't need the government to babysit us the way so many "progressive" liberals think we need.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My question is this:

When they completely ban smoking and everybody quits like the zealots want them to, how is the government going to make up the lost revenues from cigarette taxes and tobacco company settlements?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
elaine said:
I wonder who came up with the brainstorm idea to remove ashtrays from vehicles.
:yeahthat: The car I rented in Phoenix had a cool little ashtray insert for a cup holder. I was tempted to take it but figured they would charge me an astronomical amount for the stupid thing. :lol:

I also wish they'd put back those cool little vent windows for the front driver and passenger windows like my '66 Mustang had. I absolutely LOVED them. :clap:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
vraiblonde said:
My question is this:

When they completely ban smoking and everybody quits like the zealots want them to, how is the government going to make up the lost revenues from cigarette taxes and tobacco company settlements?

That's when they'll start taxing the hell outta' butter and chocolate. They'll start going after the fatties.

ylexot

Super Genius
MMDad said:
Every hazardous material in the workplace has an MSDS. It shows you the MEL, maximum exposure limit. But they don't do this for smoke. Why not?
Because they wouldn't be able to ban smoking if they did that.

elaine said:
I wonder who came up with the brainstorm idea to remove ashtrays from vehicles.
My 2002 has an ashtray. I'd blame it on the insurance companies. I blame most everything on them though. :killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer
2ndAmendment said:
Do you put A1 on your steak?

As I sit here dwelling on this, it has occured to me that I do add things to "beef", just not steak. Well, unless the steak doesn't taste good.

I don't see the point of buying an expensive cut of meat, just to smother the flavor in something else. I do flavor cheap cuts and ground beef. Maybe that's why I don't go out of my way for things like buffalo or ostrich. Fat flavors beef, so it tastes good without adding anything, unless it's too lean.

I've never cared for A1, so if I must put something on a slab of meat to make it taste better, it's usually horseradish or mayo (steak sammich).

mAlice

professional daydreamer
desertrat said:
My 2002 has an ashtray. I'd blame it on the insurance companies. I blame most everything on them though. :killingme

I guess it depends on the auto maker. My 2000 does not.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
elaine said:
As I sit here dwelling on this, it has occured to me that I do add things to "beef", just not steak. Well, unless the steak doesn't taste good.

I don't see the point of buying an expensive cut of meat, just to smother the flavor in something else. I do flavor cheap cuts and ground beef. Maybe that's why I don't go out of my way for things like buffalo or ostrich. Fat flavors beef, so it tastes good without adding anything, unless it's too lean.

I've never cared for A1, so if I must put something on a slab of meat to make it taste better, it's usually horseradish or mayo (steak sammich).

Outdoor Smoking Ban 02-16-2006 12:36 PM Who cares

2A :diva: