Outdoor Smoking Ban

Trunk Monkey

Defender of the Blonde
vraiblonde said:
Toyota doesn't want you to smoke, either.
This reminds me. Yesterday when I was detailing your SUV I found a burn mark on the carpet by the drivers door. You need to be more careful.

Last edited:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Trunk Monkey said:
This reminds me. Yesterday when I was detailing your Sequoia I found a burn mark on the carpet by the drivers door. You need to be more careful.

If only you knew how funny this really is.

Trunk Monkey

Defender of the Blonde
elaine said:
If only you knew how funny this really is.
You think making her Trunk Monkey wash, wax and detail her SUV is funny? I am not saying Blondie is messy, but chimp O chimp, I couldn't even identify some of the stuff I found under the seats.

barncat

Softballkid said:
:yeahthat:

What I love is when non smokers come into bars, and then start complaining about it being so smokey when its crowded... :doh: it makes me just wanna :buttkick: :smack: um a few times.. :lmao:

I don't agree with your comment. I'm a non-smoker and enjoy bars, but not the smoke. So why should I not be able to enjoy the bar without the smoke? The smoke isn't healthy for you or me, so I'm fine if you have to take it outside to smoke.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
barncat said:
I don't agree with your comment. I'm a non-smoker and enjoy bars, but not the smoke. So why should I not be able to enjoy the bar without the smoke? The smoke isn't healthy for you or me, so I'm fine if you have to take it outside to smoke.

What Im implying, is in this county, on any busy night in a bar, its goin to be smokey, and people who go to them know that, but yet people will come in and start complaining about it....

But why should I smoke outside because someone as a non smoker doesnt want to deal with the second hand smoke but still wants to be there?? Go back as far as you want in time, bars were ALWAYS smoked in, and I believe they should always be smoked in...

If it gets to bad for a non smokers, they can always go outside for 5-10 minutes, open a few windows, or something of that nature...

barncat

Softballkid said:
What Im implying, is in this county, on any busy night in a bar, its goin to be smokey, and people who go to them know that, but yet people will come in and start complaining about it....

But why should I smoke outside because someone as a non smoker doesnt want to deal with the second hand smoke but still wants to be there?? Go back as far as you want in time, bars were ALWAYS smoked in, and I believe they should always be smoked in...

If it gets to bad for a non smokers, they can always go outside for 5-10 minutes, open a few windows, or something of that nature...

Unfortunately for me going outside for a few moments is not an option, I get a bad sinus infection from the smoke so I just don't go to the bars anymore.

You should smoke outside because you are the one choosing to risk your health, you shouldn't make the choice for me by subjecting me to second hand smoke.

Times change, if we still did things like we use to it would be pretty sad.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
barncat said:
Unfortunately for me going outside for a few moments is not an option, I get a bad sinus infection from the smoke so I just don't go to the bars anymore.

You should smoke outside because you are the one choosing to risk your health, you shouldn't make the choice for me by subjecting me to second hand smoke.

No no, your right, times change, so instead of me needing to go outside EVERYWHERE I go, to smoke, it will be perfectly fine for you or any other non smoker to go outside...

Im not trying to be an a$$, or be mean to you, but I am just stating, there are just as many if not more smokers than non smokers, so why should we have to please the non smokers.. Smokers bring more money to bars than non smokers...they get drinking, they smoke more, buy cigs. and a bar makes a killing off of that...

Now, as for resturants, or places like that, I have no problem what so ever to go outside, I dont like smoke around my food when Im eating... but when Im in a bar, having a beer, I know for d*mn sure Im not goin outside just to smoke...

barncat

Softballkid said:
No no, your right, times change, so instead of me needing to go outside EVERYWHERE I go, to smoke, it will be perfectly fine for you or any other non smoker to go outside...

Im not trying to be an a$$, or be mean to you, but I am just stating, there are just as many if not more smokers than non smokers, so why should we have to please the non smokers.. Smokers bring more money to bars than non smokers...they get drinking, they smoke more, buy cigs. and a bar makes a killing off of that...

Now, as for resturants, or places like that, I have no problem what so ever to go outside, I dont like smoke around my food when Im eating... but when Im in a bar, having a beer, I know for d*mn sure Im not goin outside just to smoke...

To each their own. I find it sad that your reasoning is people that put their health at greater risk bring in more money so they should be accomodated for. I guess the only prize for folks trying to lead a healthy life is the chance for a longer and healthier life.

I agree to disagree and you won't catch me in a bar complaining about the smoke because I will stay out of the bars until things change.

ylexot

Super Genius
barncat said:
Please find a study that shows that second hand smoke is a health risk.

Anyway, I think smoking/non-smoking is a choice for the owner of the establishment. If someone wants to have a bar that caters to non-smokers, that's up to them. If that's what the people really want, then the bar will be a success and cause other bars to change to non-smoking. Banning smoking is just plain un-American :patriot:

meangirl

Nice lady!
barncat said:
To each their own. I find it sad that your reasoning is people that put their health at greater risk bring in more money so they should be accomodated for. I guess the only prize for folks trying to lead a healthy life is the chance for a longer and healthier life.

I agree to disagree and you won't catch me in a bar complaining about the smoke because I will stay out of the bars until things change.
Hanging out in a bar drinking is part of that healthy life? :confused:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
Softballkid said:
Go back as far as you want in time, bars were ALWAYS smoked in, and I believe they should always be smoked in...
Not quite. The use of tobacco didn't occur until after the New World (here) was discovered.

Bars were always drunk in is probably a true statement.

Here is my point. A bar, restaurant, whatever is a private enterprise. The owner of the establishment should make the rule whether smoking is OK or not. The government should have absolutely no say in it. I've read the U.S. Constitution very carefully. Nowhere does it say the feds have the right to regulate smoking in a private establishment. I bet Washington, Adams, Jefferson, and the rest would agree. Of course most of them were smokers.

Repeat after me. It is not the governments business!

baileydog

I wanna be a SMIB
meangirl said:
:killingme Yeah, worked great for him till he died.

Hey if I can smoke , drink and play with boys all day and live to 100, count me in. Of course, George played with the girls. :lmao:

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
barncat said:
Sorry for your misfortune, but it sounds like a personal problem.
barncat said:
Ah. Choice. It is OK for you to choose to come to a bar that is a place where smoking occurs and insist that everyone go outside to smoke. Got it. Ever hear that this country is, at least was, a place of freedom. Now I know the thought that people can choose to do things that may be bad for them may be foreign to liberals, but the nation was founded on personal freedom. Of course when it comes to sex out of marriage, drug use, use of public funds for things that are not authorized in the founding documents of the nation, liberals find that is OK. So, everyone must change their choice or loose their freedom to accommodate you. :yay:
barncat said:
Yeah. Monogamous marriages, people being responsible for their own actions, health, wellbeing, finances are a thing of the past because of liberal government-got-to-take-care-of-me junkies like you.