Panera Bread people

Rt235

#### you.

I spent probably 3-4 days a week in Panera Bread...with my laptop...and papers...about 4-6 hours each day when I was looking for a job...for over NINE MONTHS. When I wasn't working my retail job just to pay my bills, I was in Panera Bread using their Wifi to get me the awesome position I have now. SO SORRY I was too poor to afford my own internet, JFC...I couldn't even afford rent. Although I made damn sure I bought a meal and coffee/tea from Panera every time I was in there. I prefered Panera bc people left me alone, the ambiance was nice, and I could get tons of work and research and planning done. I tried McDonalds. Kept getting approached by welfare mother####ers. And at the time, the closest library was pretty ghett-oh.

I never took up more than a table for two. If it was slow, maybe I'd set up in a booth, but as soon as lunch rush started I made sure to fold up and take up as little space as possible. I was there so often I was so sick of their food, I don't think I've touched it since I've started this job a year ago.

Panera specifically markets itself as a place to come and hang out, spend some time, unwind, use the wifi, write a paper, write a book...it's not just to stop in and grab lunch. It wants customers of all types, customers like you and customers like my past self. I live with my best friend and her toddler now...you know what? If for whatever reason I needed a place to go get some work done, I'd go hole up in a booth in Panera Bread. Because I can.

One reason for a PUBLIC Library: computers, resources for job hunting, public bathrooms, newspapers, ALL free to you....
When you agree to use the free WiFi at places, you agree not to take up spaces for paying customers. Next time you log on...read Panera's "Use" which you agree to!!! In the meantime, go to the library.:coffee:

Caution

Setting up shop and using their internet. I always see people with their crap spread out all over the table(s) working on something.

I know was just messin with ya. And I don't see any problem with that. Not that anyone would care. But if I needed to sit down to eat and there were no chairs I would just ask someone to make a hole for me.

What good does it do to wait till I get back to the office or home and RANT about it on SOMD. People are just so scared to speak up for themselves nowadays. But they'll whine for hours.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
#### you.

I spent probably 3-4 days a week in Panera Bread...with my laptop...and papers...about 4-6 hours each day when I was looking for a job...for over NINE MONTHS. When I wasn't working my retail job just to pay my bills, I was in Panera Bread using their Wifi to get me the awesome position I have now. SO SORRY I was too poor to afford my own internet, JFC...I couldn't even afford rent. Although I made damn sure I bought a meal and coffee/tea from Panera every time I was in there. I prefered Panera bc people left me alone, the ambiance was nice, and I could get tons of work and research and planning done. I tried McDonalds. Kept getting approached by welfare mother####ers. And at the time, the closest library was pretty ghett-oh.

I never took up more than a table for two. If it was slow, maybe I'd set up in a booth, but as soon as lunch rush started I made sure to fold up and take up as little space as possible. I was there so often I was so sick of their food, I don't think I've touched it since I've started this job a year ago.

Panera specifically markets itself as a place to come and hang out, spend some time, unwind, use the wifi, write a paper, write a book...it's not just to stop in and grab lunch. It wants customers of all types, customers like you and customers like my past self. I live with my best friend and her toddler now...you know what? If for whatever reason I needed a place to go get some work done, I'd go hole up in a booth in Panera Bread. Because I can.

And I lived in yoga pants in those days. Not one person has ever complained about my yoga pants collection :kiss:
Um, if I may point something out...............

You stated that at the time you camped out in Panera's you couldn't afford internet or rent but was able to afford to buy a meal and drink there. So, you spent about $8 to $10 a day, four to five days a week..........but couldn't afford internet?:coffee:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I know was just messin with ya. And I don't see any problem with that. Not that anyone would care. But if I needed to sit down to eat and there were no chairs I would just ask someone to make a hole for me.

What good does it do to wait till I get back to the office or home and RANT about it on SOMD. People are just so scared to speak up for themselves nowadays. But they'll whine for hours.

If I wanted to have lunch at Panera, I would take into consideration that it's my lunch HOUR, and that I'm fully aware that there may not be a place to sit, even without someone hogging a table for hours. Panera is always packed at lunchtime, Monday through Friday. Knowing all of this, I wonder what the OP would have done if all the tables were in use, and there was no one with papers and a laptop spread all over.

Caution

If I wanted to have lunch at Panera, I would take into consideration that it's my lunch HOUR, and that I'm fully aware that there may not be a place to sit, even without someone hogging a table for hours. Panera is always packed at lunchtime, Monday through Friday. Knowing all of this, I wonder what the OP would have done if all the tables were in use, and there was no one with papers and a laptop spread all over.

The OP would likely have found that reason enough to come on here and complain about that too. LOL

BernieP

Resident PIA
And I lived in yoga pants in those days. Not one person has ever complained about my yoga pants collection :kiss:

First, I know what #### means and it's a naughty word

Second, you cannot post something about your collection of yoga pants without the supporting evidence of you wearing said yoga pants.

That is a violation of board etiquette.

FWIW, doesn't the library have free internet?

It's frustrating for customers with a party of 4 who pays for a meal and then can't find a seat because people have set up shop. But that's the business model Panera, and Starbucks and Coffee Quarter... and several fast food restaurants have embraced. Their store, their rules. Plenty of places to take your business if you don't like it. Speak with your dollars.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Um, if I may point something out...............

You stated that at the time you camped out in Panera's you couldn't afford internet or rent but was able to afford to buy a meal and drink there. So, you spent about $8 to $10 a day, four to five days a week..........but couldn't afford internet?:coffee:

be reasonable, people do have to eat. I can sympathize.
Your beef really isn't with the person who is at the table, it's with the owner and manager of the store.

GW8345

Not White House Approved
be reasonable, people do have to eat. I can sympathize.
Your beef really isn't with the person who is at the table, it's with the owner and manager of the store.

I agree, instead of complaining about the oblivion's hording tables the OP should be complaining about the management that encourages people to camp out. However, Lucky Bee's attitude came across as "eff you, I have a right to do that and I don't care about your rights because my rights have priority".

Just because she thinks she had a valid excuse to camp out doesn't mean it's right. If you can't afford rent or internet, then how the heck can you afford to eat one meal for the same amount you could eat three? And just because you are going through some tough times doesn't give you carte blanche to inconvenience others.

Need to use free WiFi, go the the eff'ing library, let people come into an establishment and have a peaceful meal for 20 minutes in the middle of their busy day.................or you can be an oblivion and think the world revolves around you.

Last edited:

Caution

I agree, instead of complaining about the oblivion's hording tables the OP should be complaining about the management that encourages people to camp out. However, Lucky Bee's attitude came across as "eff you, I have a right to do that I and don't care about your rights because my rights have priority".

Just because she thinks she had a valid excuse to camp out doesn't mean it's right. If you can't afford rent or internet, then how the heck can you afford to eat one meal for the same amount you could eat three? And just because you are going through some tough times doesn't give you carte blanche to inconvenience others.

Need to use free WiFi, go the the eff'ing library, let people come into an establishment and have a peaceful meal for 20 minutes in the middle of their busy day.................or you can be an oblivion and think the world revolves around you.

But. Ummm If she looks good in Yoga pants. I really don't have a problem with her camping out. Can sit her happy azz right on my table if she wants to.