Panera Bread people

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
i've seen group meetings held at Panera.

When we had our rescue board meeting we scheduled it at a local library since the place of the meeting goes into the meeting minutes which are reviewed by the IRS when you apply for non-profit status <G>. The Waldorf Library by the Hotel? It's amazing nice inside - never had nice libraries like that when I was coming up - wow.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I also try to stay away & visit other options during busy times.

^This^

Why is it crucial that you visit Panera during busy lunch period and eat inside? You know it's going to be busy; you know it's going to be difficult to find a seat. Why go there? It's not like there are no other lunch places.

Seriously, I don't understand that. It's like people just want something to bitch and moan about.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I understand its the company policy to have free Wifi...I may had to settle for a not so great seat but thats not a big to do to me to go complain to management. I also try to stay away & visit other options during busy times.

This is the case of letting your $ do the talking. If I go in and don't see a place to sit, I leave. It's not a matter of a great seat, it's A seat. Actually I won't take a high table as I find them uncomfortable.

i've seen group meetings held at Panera.

They tend to be of fixed duration and I don't think that's what people are complaining about. It's the people who are by themselves, with laptop and books and they are there for hours - occupying a table that would seat 4.

I don't have to say anything to the manager and frankly, if the place is busy, me asking for the manager is probably a bigger problem for them.
They are judged on their revenue, their profitability. Walking out the door without spending money makes a bigger statement, and not a scene.

Caution

^This^ Why is it crucial that you visit Panera during busy lunch period and eat inside? You know it's going to be busy; you know it's going to be difficult to find a seat. Why go there? It's not like there are no other lunch places. Seriously, I don't understand that. It's like people just want something to bitch and moan about.

Thank You

And thanks for providing them the place to bitch and moan at.

Otherwise we might have 59 people standing at Panera Bread whining about women in Yoga Pants.

vince77

So someone comes in to Panera, orders lunch, looks for a table and finds the only one available is a 4 seater. What would you like them to do .... look around the joint after every bite for a two seater to move to so when your self absorbed a$$ comes in you have a place to sit? Some of you people need to get over yourselves....ask to sit at the table, eat in your car or find somewhere else to go...

Caution

So someone comes in to Panera, orders lunch, looks for a table and finds the only one available is a 4 seater. What would you like them to do .... look around the joint after every bite for a two seater to move to so when your self absorbed a$$ comes in you have a place to sit? Some of you people need to get over yourselves....ask to sit at the table, eat in your car or find someone else to go...
Easier for them to demonstrate their skill at complaining than it is for them to make a choice or act

Last edited:

Retrodeb54

Surely you jest ...
So someone comes in to Panera, orders lunch, looks for a table and finds the only one available is a 4 seater. What would you like them to do .... look around the joint after every bite for a two seater to move to so when your self absorbed a$$ comes in you have a place to sit? Some of you people need to get over yourselves....ask to sit at the table, eat in your car or find somewhere else to go...

No, but not spreading stuff out all over the table would help. That tends to deter asking if they can sit, sends a 'don't bother' message. Or make the motions to make space, to send the right message. At least try to share space with one another person. Not to much to ask I don't think.

Courtesy is a gift we can give that costs nothing and tends to make the receiver 'pass it on' . Remember, people tend to pass nice on to others, just as many tend to pass on attitude.

Still, I feel this problem is mostly on the company. If they care to keep that 'great place to eat' status they have, make that big profit, then they need to address it and fix it. Different areas have different needs. An area with many office buildings and gov't offices tend to have a larger lunch crowd. Many eating alone. Set up dining area accordingly. Maybe they need a larger location. Hope someone sends this link to the right people. Open their eyes.

:coffee:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, but not spreading stuff out all over the table would help. That tends to deter asking if they can sit, sends a 'don't bother' message.

Right, and I suspect that is the point. If I were sitting at a table eating I would not want some stranger coming over to join me.

This sounds like that old saw "Nobody goes there anymore because it's too crowded." Obviously Panera isn't hurting for business the way it is now, and they are not going to miss you if you take your business elsewhere. Why should they make any changes to their business model if they're doing fine with the way things are now?

MarieB

The kiddo and I enjoyed a Panera breakfast this morning in a big booth by the fireplace

I love 2-hour delays

lucky_bee

RBF expert
Um, if I may point something out...............

You stated that at the time you camped out in Panera's you couldn't afford internet or rent but was able to afford to buy a meal and drink there. So, you spent about $8 to $10 a day, four to five days a week..........but couldn't afford internet?:coffee:

Credit card, asshat. Had to break it out. Sucks being unemployed, doesn't it. Opening up a bill to be payed once a month like Internet at home wasn't an option. This isn't about "why" I was there all the time. It's about I had every right to do what I was doing and this OP seems to think I don't.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Credit card, asshat. Had to break it out. Sucks being unemployed, doesn't it. Opening up a bill to be payed once a month like Internet at home wasn't an option. This isn't about "why" I was there all the time. It's about I had every right to do what I was doing and this OP seems to think I don't.

Thank goodness you don't have to go there today because it's a tad cold to be only wearing yoga pants to cover butt.

I've seen many people working from their cars. The WiFi makes it to the parking lot.

Just sayin'. :coffee:

Geek

I love yoga pants. It is so easy to fart in them. Jeans you have to watch for the seam that could cause possible friction and fire. :geek: Though today, starting a butt fire for people might be appreciated.

Also, if I have well water should I be trickling the water in a faucet? We used to do this in NY. :dye:

MMM_donuts

Lots of places have wifi. I think most McDonald's have wifi. Breakfast places like Perkin's often do. I don't know if they do that here in southern MD but in my hometown in TN, college students we're encourage to come in and use those places.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
I agree, instead of complaining about the oblivion's hording tables the OP should be complaining about the management that encourages people to camp out. However, Lucky Bee's attitude came across as "eff you, I have a right to do that and I don't care about your rights because my rights have priority".

Just because she thinks she had a valid excuse to camp out doesn't mean it's right. If you can't afford rent or internet, then how the heck can you afford to eat one meal for the same amount you could eat three? And just because you are going through some tough times doesn't give you carte blanche to inconvenience others.

Need to use free WiFi, go the the eff'ing library, let people come into an establishment and have a peaceful meal for 20 minutes in the middle of their busy day.................or you can be an oblivion and think the world revolves around you.

My attitude is bc the OP seems to think that places like Panera are ONLY for HIS eating purposes. HELLO. They have free Wifi for a REASON. They ENCOURAGE customers like myself to hang out. As I stated before, I chose to go to Panera more often than not bc I was welcome there. I was NOT aware about the library options...sorry...new resident here too...Plus even now if I walk in the library I'm approached by icky men. I can't imagine spending the 4-6 hours in there. Also, their internet was incredibly slow. All those DoD applications could sometimes take a couple hours to fill out, really didn't feel like making them take 6-7 hours.

I NEVER said anything about Panera revolving around me or that my rights have priority. BUT PLEASE TELL ME...if I'm at a table first, why am I expected to move my #### bc you just bought lunch? So now you're the priority?

I already stated that if I was camped out there, I tried to take as little space as possible. In fact, on several occasions I shared my "table for two" with a single lunch-goer. I cared about others rights to be there but I'm not going to pack up all my stuff and go hang out in my car until the lunch rush is over. Don't patronize me and twist my words and make me seem like some ungrateful little ninny. I was allowed to be there so I was. End of story. If you're not aware of Panera's Wifi usuage, go make yourself.

And #### you and worrying about my budget. Some days all I bought were a couple cups of coffee bc buying a lunch was out of the question. I didn't sit there and buy 3 meals a day at Panera but there's no reason for me to have to spell out my budget. I bought "things" at Panera, I took up a table for two, if I was there for longer than maybe 3 hours, I'd buy something else. WHO GIVES A ####. You whiners need a life.

All I'm trying to say is I was allowed to do what I was doing, was far from inconsiderate, was a paying customer, and you people need to get a clue.

I love yoga pants. It is so easy to fart in them. Jeans you have to watch for the seam that could cause possible friction and fire. :geek: Though today, starting a butt fire for people might be appreciated.

Also, if I have well water should I be trickling the water in a faucet? We used to do this in NY. :dye:

:lol: Hey Geek.

Only need to trickle the water if your well tank/pump/etc is in a very cold space, like a crawl space under the house with lots of drafts. If it's in a basement and the basement is warmed by your heater, should be ok.

lucky_bee

RBF expert
But. Ummm If she looks good in Yoga pants. I really don't have a problem with her camping out. Can sit her happy azz right on my table if she wants to.

I'll move my papers just for you, at my table for two in Panera next time :love:

Geek

:lol: Hey Geek.

Only need to trickle the water if your well tank/pump/etc is in a very cold space, like a crawl space under the house with lots of drafts. If it's in a basement and the basement is warmed by your heater, should be ok.

Thank you! It is inside toasty warm like Vrai's cat.

MMM_donuts

Do most people care what others think when they get dressed to go to places like Panera? I don't. I'll roll up in there however I happen to be dressed when I decide to go.

I'm not comfortable telling other people that they should or shouldn't wear something. I don't care what size they are or what it is they're wearing because, honestly, I don't want anyone telling me what to wear.