Panera Bread people

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
One reason for a PUBLIC Library: computers, resources for job hunting, public bathrooms, newspapers, ALL free to you....
When you agree to use the free WiFi at places, you agree not to take up spaces for paying customers. Next time you log on...read Panera's "Use" which you agree to!!! In the meantime, go to the library.:coffee:

Hey that's not nice. LB said if the place was getting filled a move was made to be considerate, so why are you slamming LB?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I agree, instead of complaining about the oblivion's hording tables the OP should be complaining about the management that encourages people to camp out.

Or he should simply take that into consideration when choosing a lunch spot and go somewhere other than Panera.

MMM_donuts

Panera is a good, safe meeting place, IMO.

In my experience, though, people will come up and talk to you about what you're studying. Like, trying to be encouraging. A lot. Break out a physiology book and see how many people you meet.

I would also like to add that it's perfectly acceptable to talk to the table hoarders. It's ok to politely point out that all the seats are taken and ask to share.....who knows what could happen, especially if one of you is wearing yoga pants.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
Panrea Bread is NOT you office !!!! Its very frustrating when they are very busy, lunch time, and you see several people sprawled out over a table doing business/school work. Went in today at lunch time and there were at least three people (not together) with books and computers spread out over the table. Collectively they were taking up 10 seats...thats just plain rude.!!

And while I'm at it...Is there some kind of secret discount women get if they wear yogo pants... Cause, I swear every women in there today, that is what they were wearing...

:whew: Good thing your name is not Sherri. :coffee:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
I have a question about that:

Is it customary to share your table if you aren't using the whole thing? I know they do this a lot in Europe, but I have never heard of that in the US. When I go to lunch or dinner by myself, I take up one seat out of two or four at my table and do not expect to have strangers joining me.

^This^

No Clingon strangers!

afjess1989

Amount of F##Ks given, 0
Where do we stand on wearing leggings in public? I mean I don't like when ANYONE wears them as just pants... Myself I wear a top that covers my butt and my lady business. Only reason I ask is I have a pair of leather ones I got fr Christmas I would like to wear them without people trying to harpoon me.

officeguy

But. Ummm If she looks good in Yoga pants. I really don't have a problem with her camping out. Can sit her happy azz right on my table if she wants to.

Oh no, she better stand there tray in hand, turned away from me, waiting for a table to open up ;-o

Caution

Where do we stand on wearing leggings in public? I mean I don't like when ANYONE wears them as just pants... Myself I wear a top that covers my butt and my lady business. Only reason I ask is I have a pair of leather ones I got fr Christmas I would like to wear them without people trying to harpoon me.

Need pictures to evaluate

beamher

Panrea Bread is NOT you office !!!! Its very frustrating when they are very busy, lunch time, and you see several people sprawled out over a table doing business/school work. Went in today at lunch time and there were at least three people (not together) with books and computers spread out over the table. Collectively they were taking up 10 seats...thats just plain rude.!!

And while I'm at it...Is there some kind of secret discount women get if they wear yogo pants... Cause, I swear every women in there today, that is what they were wearing...

i have this problem with every Panera I go (with the exception of the one in Calvert), no matter what time of day.

I say eat and keep it moving; its been times I had to do take out cause of this problem.

Caution

i have this problem with every Panera I go (with the exception of the one in Calvert), no matter what time of day. I say eat and keep it moving; its been times I had to do take out cause of this problem.

Say anything about it? Speak to a manager?

ZARA

I have a question about that:

Is it customary to share your table if you aren't using the whole thing? I know they do this a lot in Europe, but I have never heard of that in the US. When I go to lunch or dinner by myself, I take up one seat out of two or four at my table and do not expect to have strangers joining me.

No, it is not customary. If it were restaurants would do it. And I would rather sit in my truck than be stuck with someone up my @$$ that I don't know listening to them gibber-gabber and smack as they eat. :barf:

I had that unpleasant experience at Red Robin. My family got sat where the people are @$$holes and elbows on the right side of the restaurant. I REALLY wanted to tell the teenyboppers next to me to close their effing mouths while they ate. Look like a bunch of cows. If it were up to me I would have left then but my husband is too much of a go-along-get-along type of guy. Then he bitched about how unpleasant lunch was...:doh:

We spent our lunch texting each other just so we could share a private family conversation...bleh.

SamSpade

If Panera Bread doesn't do anything about it, it's going to be their loss. I don't interpret free Wi-Fi to mean an invitation to run my office from there or any other place that offers it - just because the condiments and creamers at WaWa are free doesn't give you carte blanche to swipe them all.

I do think that's a universal concept - when someone leaves free donuts at the office, you don't take the whole box to your desk.

I'm also of the opinion that in general, when you eat at a restaurant where there's a server waiting on you, and you've paid your bill, it's generally considerate to leave fairly soon afterward, especially if the establishment is fairly busy - the servers are assigned stations, and when you continue to occupy it without paying anything more, you are taking away from the server's livelihood. I've had members of my family frequently comment that they hate this - customers lingering in a crowded restaurant after they've paid up. They might get four or five stations, and two of them are occupied by clods who won't leave.

I realize that you can't force people to be considerate; that's what freedom is supposed to be - you're supposed to be free to not have to behave the way others want you to. I do think management has every right however, to say, look, your continued loitering is now cutting into my profits. Either buy something, or move along. Bars and clubs with performers do this all the time - buy drinks or leave, the show ain't free.

It is a little rude to set up shop in an eating establishment, but as long as management allows it, the people who are hurt the most by it are obviously not concerned about it.

beamher

Say anything about it? Speak to a manager?

I understand its the company policy to have free Wifi...I may had to settle for a not so great seat but thats not a big to do to me to go complain to management. I also try to stay away & visit other options during busy times.

Caution

I understand its the company policy to have free Wifi...I may had to settle for a not so great seat but thats not a big to do to me to go complain to management. I also try to stay away & visit other options during busy times.

I just don't think it is such a bad thing to go to a manager and say "I'd love to be able to take a few minutes here and sit down and eat, could you please look into making a hole for me somewhere please."

My thinking is, if the manager makes an effort, great, can't ask for much more than that and I'll likely return as a customer.

Whereas if the manager blows me off, then it's time to complain to corporate or go home and voice an opinion on the net. Maybe even a review on their site.

I am just of the opinion that if it's worth complaining about, it's worth complaining to the right people.