Paving Rt 235

nomoney

Why? Came down the road super late last night and they had the road all grated up and were in the process of paving it. I didn't realize it was in need of a resurfacing already? WTH?

ftcret

Most fun at 4 AM when the street sweeper is out, the workers are wandering around, the vehicles are flashing their lights all through clouds of flying dust and gravel and the car and motorcycle in front of you can't figure out which lane of the 1 and a half available for travel they want to be in. I love road work season and idiots - they go so well together.

I got caught up in this turning onto 235 from the road between KMart and Best Buy shopping centers (can't think of the name right now). Anyway, I was in the left most turn lane, and had a car to my right. The roadwork had the left lane of 235 blocked. Idiot next to me did not have the common sense to turn into the right thru lane of 235. No, he insisted that he was still supposed to turn into the left center lane. Um, NO. The left center lane was now the left most thru lane due to the construction, thus it was MY lane. I was in front of him making the turn, so I took the lane. He forced the car behind me to slam on their brakes and come to a complete stop in order to not hit him as he INSISTED on being in what was now the left thru lane.

Then there was a Toyota minivan in the right lane heading north from Rt. 4. You could see the "Move left, this lane is closed" arrow from before the light, but yet this mental midget stayed in the right lane until they actually bumped the cone that was closing the lane before trying to move left. They had PLENTY of opportunities to move left prior to coming to a complete stop up against the cone.

I swear these people would not survive driving the DC beltway.

Most fun at 4 AM when the street sweeper is out, the workers are wandering around, the vehicles are flashing their lights all through clouds of flying dust and gravel and the car and motorcycle in front of you can't figure out which lane of the 1 and a half available for travel they want to be in. I love road work season and idiots - they go so well together.

They have been sweeping? Sure doesn't seem like it. Sucks on a M/C now.

aubriana

Why? Came down the road super late last night and they had the road all grated up and were in the process of paving it. I didn't realize it was in need of a resurfacing already? WTH?

Seriously? That road is in terrible shape - full of potholes. It definitely need resurfacing.

Most of 235

is in good condition. But, the section between Wildewood and Chancellor's Run has been in bad shape for the past 4 years. All SHA was doing was cold-patching the pot holes. Glad to see the state spend a little money on our roadways. After all, PG County just got mega-millions to build sidewalks and bike paths.

is in good condition. But, the section between Wildewood and Chancellor's Run has been in bad shape for the past 4 years. All SHA was doing was cold-patching the pot holes. Glad to see the state spend a little money on our roadways. After all, PG County just got mega-millions to build sidewalks and bike paths.

Yep and they did a pretty good job sweeping last night. Still piles in the intersections though.

tercel95

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about those roads were in fine shape before. My car is 2.5" off the ground so I can tell when a road is rough.

GopherM

Darwin was right
Funny how people biatch that the roads need resurfacing and then biatch when it gets done. About mid-winter when a few wet freeze-thaw cycles hit and the cold patches turned into sinkholes, then everyone would wonder, why didn't they fix the danm road when the weather was better?

Beta

Smile!
So many rocks, so few windshields.
yeah really. The Beltway had a section of road that was grated and it was clean, meanwhile my windshield keeps getting pelted on 235 with rocks. How the hell is that safe? Bikers must be getting smacked all over. Very dangerous.

:rolleyes:Gotta get the roads nice and fast so the red light/speed cameras can maximize their take.
They don't have any red light cameras on 235/St Mary's...

I don't know what some of you guys are talking about those roads were in fine shape before. My car is 2.5" off the ground so I can tell when a road is rough.

yeah, I never really had a problem with most of 235 in that area. :shrug:

Jbeckman

Seriously? That road is in terrible shape - full of potholes. It definitely need resurfacing.

Resurfacing was needed, as the original paving when the widening was done was done in weather that had some freezing temps. This lead to the potholes, damages, raise and dips in the road lanes.