People will bitch about anything

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I hope your steerage continues to blow you into fair winds. Who said anything about popular opinions? I was talking about reading a thread. If members repeat what is already said, it is obvious. Are you related to DoWhat by any chance? :lol:

My hub just sent me this from his Marine forum. Thought I would share.

There you go wagging your finger again, and nagging people about how to read a forum and post. :lmao:

mamatutu

mama to two
As a retired service member, I don't see anything wrong with the photo, the child being cradled in the flag represents what this country is, a country that will comfort and protect the innocent.

As far as a service member participating in this photo and the flag regulations, lighten up Francis.

:yay: The photo represents the future of America and the reason that all who have sacrificed their lives to keep that babe free. I love the picture. Not to mention what it means to the family that took it. Rock on all military personnel that have put their life on the line for our country. It beats burning the flag in protest, or being whiny babies because one is having too many babies that one expects this country to take of. The OP is right. This is like the ultimate stupid thing to be bitching about. The ignorance is palpataing. :patriot:

Salvador

One Nation Under God
:yay: The photo represents the future of America and the reason that all who have sacrificed their lives to keep that babe free. I love the picture. Not to mention what it means to the family that took it. Rock on all military personnel that have put their life on the line for our country. It beats burning the flag in protest, or being whiny babies because one is having too many babies that one expects this country to take of. The OP is right. This is like the ultimate stupid thing to be bitching about. The ignorance is palpataing. :patriot:

Troll

:popcorn:

mamatutu

mama to two
There you go wagging your finger again, and nagging people about how to read a forum and post. :lmao:

Are you seriously being serious? You are the most finger wagging member of this forum, good at it, and at diversion, too. I will give you that, even though it pains me to compliment you. :lmao: :patriot:

Salvador

One Nation Under God
Are you seriously being serious? You are the most finger wagging member of this forum, good at it, and at diversion, too. I will give you that, even though it pains me to compliment you. :lmao: :patriot:

you should go back on vacation it was peaceful here

:patriot:

:killingme

:popcorn:

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Not surprising. :patriot:

Could you kindly point out where DW changed his mind? Apparently you've seen it, but we don't.

Also, for someone who knows how to work the forums so well, the pic you posted doesn't expand when clicked on, kind of a pointless pic if you can't read what it says.

Bann

PREMO Member

:diva: So good at it, I went to bed and didn't stay up into wee hours of the am posting on an anon forum wagging my finger at anon people. :jet:

Bann

PREMO Member
Could you kindly point out where DW changed his mind? Apparently you've seen it, but we don't.

Also, for someone who knows how to work the forums so well, the pic you posted doesn't expand when clicked on, kind of a pointless pic if you can't read what it says.

She apparently sees a lot of things on this forum that no one else does. People messing or hacking her account, opinions of people they never made...:blahblah:

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I hope you have it illuminated at night. I'd hate to have the flag police come knocking at your door.

That was sarcasm, for those who will get their panties wadded.

That's a valid point. Mine hangs off the wall in front of the garage, with a wall light that although probably not within legal specs, does illuminate it. And I understand your sarcasm, but there are rules about flying it at night.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
A picture of a Military Father cradling his child in the United States Flag.

And some of you people are upset?

F'ing unbelievable.

I'm not upset. I just don't think it is proper. And thanks for the word "retirement" of the flag at military funerals. I could not think of the word in my previous post when I said "dead" or something like that.

We'll continue to agree to disagree. I don't think the service member was showing any disrespect at all, but was just ignorant of how the flag should be used and displayed.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
She apparently sees a lot of things on this forum that no one else does. People messing or hacking her account, opinions of people they never made...:blahblah:

I think I'm running low on monitor fluid. I seem to miss a lot of this also.

:lmao:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
A picture of a Military Father cradling his child in the United States Flag.

And some of you people are upset?

F'ing unbelievable.
:yeahthat: It has long been settled that a symbolic expression using the flag is protected speech.

Besides, what is more beautiful than a picture of a serviceman, a baby, and our flag expressing what is one's obvious love for them all?

PsyOps

Pixelated
:yeahthat: It has long been settled that a symbolic expression using the flag is protected speech.

Besides, what is more beautiful than a picture of a serviceman, a baby, and our flag expressing what is one's obvious love for them all?

Beautiful or not, if you serve in the military, you know this kind of use for the flag will get you in trouble.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Beautiful or not, if you serve in the military, you know this kind of use for the flag will get you in trouble.

How so, is the Flag Code punitive? Are not the 1st Amendment rights extended to those that serve? If the Flag Code was so stringent explain why many, including myself at one time, wore the flag on the shoulder of my flight-suit? If you can't wear it you can't wear it, right?

PsyOps

Pixelated
How so, is the Flag Code punitive? Are not the 1st Amendment rights extended to those that serve? If the Flag Code was so stringent explain why many, including myself at one time, wore the flag on the shoulder of my flight-suit? If you can't wear it you can't wear it, right?

You didn’t read the code. The code authorizing wearing the flag patches on uniforms. If you’ve served in the military you know full-well that military are held in greater scrutiny for the proper handling of the flag.

UNITED STATES CODE, TITLE 36, CHAPTER 10

§176. Respect for flag

(j) No part of the flag should ever be used as a costume or athletic uniform. However, a flag patch may be affixed to the uniform of military personnel, firemen, policemen, and members of patriotic organizations. The flag represents a living country and is itself considered a living thing. Therefore, the lapel flag pin being a replica, should be worn on the left lapel near the heart.

Last edited: