Petite Jeans...

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I refuse. I won't wear low-risers unless I actually get my stomach flat enough again to look good in them. Actually, I'm not sure I would wear them then. I don't know if I'm supposed to be wearing the same style jeans as my daughter! Maybe I better stick to mid-rise! I can't be "embarrassing" the poor girl and "ruining her life"!

I totally understand. I rather to wear mid-rise pants anyway. Also, I don't want to wear low-riser pants even though I have flat stomach. I think it will hurt my c-section scar line if they are that low and will rub on it all the time. I wore something that low and it rubbed on my c-section scar line that hurt really bad. Whenever I go clothes shopping, I have to make sure the pants are above the c-section scar line and not right on it. Therefore, I don't think I can wear any low riser pants to put up with that.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I totally understand. I rather to wear mid-rise pants anyway. Also, I don't want to wear low-riser pants even though I have flat stomach. I think it will hurt my c-section scar line if they are that low and will rub on it all the time. I wore something that low and it rubbed on my c-section scar line that hurt really bad. Whenever I go clothes shopping, I have to make sure the pants are above the c-section scar line and not right on it. Therefore, I don't think I can wear any low riser pants to put up with that.

We are almost done putting in an exercise room and I can't wait. I have really been slacking over the Holidays and I need to get myself into a good exercise routine! I don't think I would really feel comfortable in low-risers either. Some of them are just too low period IMO.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
We are almost done putting in an exercise room and I can't wait. I have really been slacking over the Holidays and I need to get myself into a good exercise routine! I don't think I would really feel comfortable in low-risers either. Some of them are just too low period IMO.

Can I come over to use your exercise room to lose some weight? Just kidding! :buddies:

Congratulation on having an exercise room. It helps to stay healthy and in shape when you can just go exercise for 30 minutes or more a day.

Yeah, some pants are way too low. I am happy with mid-rise pants as it is and they are quite comfortable.

Cowgirl

Same here. Whenever I see ladies wearing low riser pants with thier "tummy" and "waists" sticking out, it made me want to :barf:

They were hoping to looks skinny in those pants, but it just make them looks alot worse with those pants.

There's a term for that....."mufin top."

nicole_M

There's a term for that....."mufin top."

And some people just don't realize if they wear their proper size (no matter what it may be) It looks SOOO much better. I don't care if you are a size 16, you can look just as beautiful as someone who is a size 8 if you wear proper fitting clothing.

Muffin Top :lmao:

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
:bs: I have a pair on now. :biggrin:

Really? I haven't seen any in forever! I also can't find kneehighs that actually come up that far for when it's really cold. My step-daughter's in color-guard and I about freeze when we go to see her competitions (I feel sorry for them out there in their uniforms!).

sockgirl77

Well....they did get rid of the toe socks! You know - the ones with individual toes usually in different colors?

Really? I haven't seen any in forever! I also can't find kneehighs that actually come up that far for when it's really cold. My step-daughter's in color-guard and I about freeze when we go to see her competitions (I feel sorry for them out there in their uniforms!).

Wal*Fart and Target carry the knee high socks. They are for boots. :yay: Oh and the bestest place to get toe socks is Deb.

D

dems4me

I am having the hardest time finding jeans to fit me. Right now I am right between an 8P and a 10P. I have found them at Dress Barn but they look like granny jeans and make my ass look wide. I need them to be boot cut and have ass pockets. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Try Macy's. I was there yesterday and it seemed like EVERYTHING I picked up was for a Petite size. :faint: I definately can verify they have PLENTY in stock.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
I know you and I have talked about needed longs before. Sliver Brand? From where?

Right now I don't need jeans, but soon enough I'll be shopping around for some.
Buckle
They are probably more expensive than you'd like, but IMO it's worth it for a well fitting pair of jeans. Also, MV suggested Truck jeans from Alloy as a cheaper alternative, and they are nice as well, as long as you can find a pair that isn't overly flared/faded/worn.

barncat

I bought a pair of Levi's from Khol's and I love them. I think it's the 545 cut and they offered petite, regular and long. I'm 5'6" and the regular fits perfect.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
I bought a pair of Levi's from Khol's and I love them. I think it's the 545 cut and they offered petite, regular and long. I'm 5'6" and the regular fits perfect.
I'm 1/2'' shorter than you and the regulars are waaaaay to long for me. I have short legs and that's the reason I need to purchase mostly "short" jeans instead of regular.

barncat

I'm 1/2'' shorter than you and the regulars are waaaaay to long for me. I have short legs and that's the reason I need to purchase mostly "short" jeans instead of regular.

I'm completely average, I was always able to buy my horseback riding gear right off the shelf instead of having custom and alterations made. Heck, I didn't have to have any alterations to my wedding dress, it fit perfectly right off the shelf.

On the otherhand, the petite size from Ann Taylor is perfect if I go up a size, but I always have to hem the regulars.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle

It's not so much your height as it is your inseam. You and I could be the same height but my inseam could be 34" and yours could be 31".

It's funny with Dh and I. We have the same inseam but he is 4" taller then me.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Those are cute! If I knew my inseam I might buy a pair. :lol: Who carries them (store) locally?
I don't know, I'm not local. :lol: What brand and length jeans do you usually wear? I think the usual inseam for "tall" jeans are 34", regular is 32" and short is 30". Just take a tape measure and measure from the crotch of your jeans to the hem. :lol:

C

czygvtwkr

I am having the hardest time finding jeans to fit me. Right now I am right between an 8P and a 10P. I have found them at Dress Barn but they look like granny jeans and make my ass look wide. I need them to be boot cut and have ass pockets. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Its not the jeans that make your ass look wide.