Petite Jeans...

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
5'2

I never get up to the mall. :ohwell:

I have found out that I cannot wear junior jeans anymore. After 3 kids, I have a women's body. I have to wear midrise now and junior's are usually lowrise.

I am 5'2" also. JC Penney has Bongo Jeans that usually work great. They have everything from 0 Petite (like who the heck needs those?) all of the way up to I think 16 petite (because of the length). I get the size 6 and they are perfect - not lowrise if you don't want that kind.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Young girls who are too tall for children's, but not big/tall enough for women's.

Yeah that. I had to wear size 1 when I was in middle school because technically, I still fit in size 14 little girls, but the hip area was way too tight and I couldn't get them off. Size 0 is for young girls who have hips (lady figure) and little girls' clothes have no "hips" room.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
Try finding pants with at least a 34' inseam. For a fairly good price. Not going to happen.

I do not like old navy jeans. They come up to high for me. It's been about 2 years since I got jeans from there for that reason, maybe it's changed I don't know.

I've been able to get yoga pants from VS in my length on sale. But it's hard to find my size in longs, unless they run S,M,L,XL. If it's by number then 9 times out of 10 I'm out of luck.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Speaking of cutting clothes too small. I've noticed something about Target. Alot of their shirts are cut waaaaay too small. I picked up a few sweaters and knits to notice that their XL is cut like a Medium. Their Smalls would fit my 3 year old. WTF do they base their sizes on? I put down the XL's because I'll be damned if I'm wearing an XL tag! :frown:
Target used to have such cute Misses' clothes but lately, they look and fit more like Juniors', so I have pretty much stopped shopping there.:frown: Except for the occasional sweater to add to my collection.

I get my Lee mid-rise bootcuts at Walmart when they're on sale ($16.97?) and they fit me better than any other jeans I've tried. They come in petite, regular and long.

Nickel

curiouser and curiouser
Try finding pants with at least a 34' inseam. For a fairly good price. Not going to happen.

I do not like old navy jeans. They come up to high for me. It's been about 2 years since I got jeans from there for that reason, maybe it's changed I don't know.

I've been able to get yoga pants from VS in my length on sale. But it's hard to find my size in longs, unless they run S,M,L,XL. If it's by number then 9 times out of 10 I'm out of luck.
Try finding 37 inch inseams. :lol: And I think mvprincess needs even longer than that. Silver brand jeans are my absolute favorite. They size them like men's jeans (waist/length measurements), so you're likely to get a good fit.

MDTerps

Back in the saddle
I'm not a big fan of their new jeans.

It seems like jeans today are too "skinny." I do not like that look. I wear boot cut and flare only.

Any jean for me today would be to "skinny" :lol:

Try finding 37 inch inseams. :lol: And I think mvprincess needs even longer than that. Silver brand jeans are my absolute favorite. They size them like men's jeans (waist/length measurements), so you're likely to get a good fit.

I know you and I have talked about needed longs before. Sliver Brand? From where?

Right now I don't need jeans, but soon enough I'll be shopping around for some.

sockgirl77

I'm not a big fan of their new jeans.

It seems like jeans today are too "skinny." I do not like that look. I wear boot cut and flare only.

Exactly. I have hip and thighs. I also hate when they are stuck to my calves. Ugh. All of this is making me actually want to stick to my diet.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
I like mid-rise and boot cut. I still wear some high-rise because they are coming back in style again. Sometimes I wish I had all of my old clothes again because I look around and see stuff I had "back in the day" only in a different design or color!

T

toppick08

:huggy:

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
Exactly. I have hip and thighs. I also hate when they are stuck to my calves. Ugh. All of this is making me actually want to stick to my diet.

Same here. Whenever I see ladies wearing low riser pants with thier "tummy" and "waists" sticking out, it made me want to :barf:

They were hoping to looks skinny in those pants, but it just make them looks alot worse with those pants.

StrawberryGal

Sweet and Innocent
I like mid-rise and boot cut. I still wear some high-rise because they are coming back in style again. Sometimes I wish I had all of my old clothes again because I look around and see stuff I had "back in the day" only in a different design or color!

Yeah, I still have my clothes from the late 90's and they are coming back in style again. Also, most of my clothes are "classic" that you wouldn't be able to tell which decades it came from. I have people keep asking me where I get them because they want to go to store to buy them, and I said they don't make them anymore.

sockgirl77

Yeah, I still have my clothes from the late 90's and they are coming back in style again. Also, most of my clothes are "classic" that you wouldn't be able to tell which decades it came from. I have people keep asking me where I get them because they want to go to store to buy them, and I said they don't make them anymore.

This is exactly why most of my closet is filled with solid color shirts. Never go out of style.

godsbutterfly

Free to Fly
Same here. Whenever I see ladies wearing low riser pants with thier "tummy" and "waists" sticking out, it made me want to :barf:

They were hoping to looks skinny in those pants, but it just make them looks alot worse with those pants.

I refuse. I won't wear low-risers unless I actually get my stomach flat enough again to look good in them. Actually, I'm not sure I would wear them then. I don't know if I'm supposed to be wearing the same style jeans as my daughter! Maybe I better stick to mid-rise! I can't be "embarrassing" the poor girl and "ruining her life"!