Photographer Who Refused to Shoot Same-Sex Ceremony

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
It's amazing how easily digital images get messed up on the SD card when someone pulls it out of the camera without powering down.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Why wouldn't they, happily, do the job and add it to their resume? And, well, cash the check?

Because they don't want to. :shrug:

I can understand that. I'm pretty sure that if NAMBLA called us and wanted to advertise, we wouldn't have any space available. If the Westboro Baptist Church called me and said, "Hey, Dee Jay, we'd like you to build us a website," I would not be able to fit that into my busy schedule.

You do not have to share someone else's values, or even understand them. The fact is that this photographer didn't want to shoot a same-sex wedding, and that should be that.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's amazing how easily digital images get messed up on the SD card when someone pulls it out of the camera without powering down.

That would be mean, and I'm pretty sure someone who refuses a job because it conflicts with his Christian beliefs wouldn't do something blatantly mean.

The gay couple are being mean, so let them be the aholes. This is one instance where you shouldn't stoop to someone else's level.

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
Another one of those stories to divide and conquer. Americans vs. Americans. The question is: who is doing the conquering? And who is being divided?

To answer the former: Big Politics is. It doesn't matter what letter you have following your name, it matters that you are one of the chosen few uniquely qualified to run this empire. The ruling class always gets their way, they always have and they always will.

The correct answer is that anyone ought to be able to refuse to do business with anyone for any reason, without interference from the government.

Another one of those stories to divide and conquer. Americans vs. Americans. The question is: who is doing the conquering? And who is being divided?

To answer the former: Big Politics is. It doesn't matter what letter you have following your name, it matters that you are one of the chosen few uniquely qualified to run this empire. The ruling class always gets their way, they always have and they always will.

The correct answer is that anyone ought to be able to refuse to do business with anyone for any reason, without interference from the government.

Really now? Based on your last statement, you would support a white restaurant owner, in Mississippi lets say, who refuses to serve blacks.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Because they don't want to. :shrug:

I can understand that. I'm pretty sure that if NAMBLA called us and wanted to advertise, we wouldn't have any space available. If the Westboro Baptist Church called me and said, "Hey, Dee Jay, we'd like you to build us a website," I would not be able to fit that into my busy schedule.

You do not have to share someone else's values, or even understand them. The fact is that this photographer didn't want to shoot a same-sex wedding, and that should be that.

No, you didn't. You did NOT just stoop to comparing gay marriage to pedophilia and religious seething???? Tell me you didn't just do that.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
If a company wants to discriminate for any reason (race, religion, gender, height, weight, eye color, whatever), I say let them. They will fail on their own due to bad reputation and low consumer base. The free market does not like racism, sexism, homophobia, etc and eventually forces those ideas out on its own.

sure but you cannot do that ... since the CRA of 1963

you cannot refuse service to blacks, have MALES only Clubs ..

LibertyBeacon

Unto dust we shall return
yeah well we got here because of Gov. poking its nose in

I'd say we got here because the majority of voters *want* to be taken care of. They are fine with Big Government as long as it's *their* flavor who is running the show.

But I of course agree with your sentiment.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, you didn't. You did NOT just stoop to comparing gay marriage to pedophilia and religious seething???? Tell me you didn't just do that.

What are you talking about? I used an example of something that I wouldn't accept. There was no "comparison" between the entities at all.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
What are you talking about? I used an example of something that I wouldn't accept. There was no "comparison" between the entities at all.

Don't even.

You gave an example of who you would choose to not do business with, pedophiles and some nasty Christians, in context of a conversation of someone choosing to not do business with gays. That someone may view gays the way you view NAMLBA and Westerboro does not make it a moral equivalence.

Or, am I missing your point?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Don't even.

You gave an example of who you would choose to not do business with, pedophiles and some nasty Christians, in context of a conversation of someone choosing to not do business with gays. That someone may view gays the way you view NAMLBA and Westerboro does not make it a moral equivalence.

Or, am I missing your point?

Obviously missing the point. I have my standards, you have yours, someone else has theirs. I can think someone else's standards are stupid, just like they can think mine are stupid. But we're all allowed to have our own set of values, and should be able to conduct ourselves in that regard.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Obviously missing the point. I have my standards, you have yours, someone else has theirs. I can think someone else's standards are stupid, just like they can think mine are stupid. But we're all allowed to have our own set of values, and should be able to conduct ourselves in that regard.

So, you did compare to gay adults getting married to pedophiles. All a matter of the opinion of the cake baker? And we're not allowed to have our own set of values when it comes business and discrimination.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
So, you did compare to gay adults getting married to pedophiles.

No. I compared my line in the sand with someone else's. Not sure why you're trying to make this a fight? I haven't said or done anything remotely close to what you're accusing me of.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
No. I compared my line in the sand with someone else's. Not sure why you're trying to make this a fight? I haven't said or done anything remotely close to what you're accusing me of.

I am NOT trying to turn this into a fight you smelly old, wrinkly hag. :lmao:

I don't do that anyone. It's all commentary and conversation. It just struck me as out of character for you to make that particular analogy.

PEACE!

And take a shower.... :evil:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
You were right with your post #7. Should have just left it there.

But then you went straight to your usual stance of (my quotes, para-phrased by me) "Why not give in to the homosexual community on whatever and wherever they want it? Who's it going to hurt? How is it going to hurt one's moral/religious beliefs"?

You don't give a crap about anybody's morals or religious beliefs until it impacts on the feelings of the homosexual.

If I lived in SOMD, or even within 100 miles of your shop, I'd buy flowers for a wedding from you just to show that we who do not believe in caving to the homosexual community, and will do it just to counter your point. And I believe you and yours would do a fine job.

My point being that I don't give a crap about who I am buying flowers or florist services from voluntarily, but not by forcing anyone to provide the same such services for a religious ceremony - photography, renting out buildings, catering, etc.

Would be nice if the homosexual community would give the same considerations to those who do not buy into that lifestyle.

You'd buy flowers from a gay florist??

Like you could FIND a hetero one...