Picketing at Mechanicsville School Tommorrow

K_Jo

Pea Brain
PREMO Member
elaine said:
No kidding. 7th grade, book report on Pocahantas. Read the book then paint a "picture report" on the t-shirt.
Sounds pretty creative.

Mikeinsmd

elaine said:
No kidding. 7th grade, book report on Pocahantas. Read the book then paint a "picture report" on the t-shirt.
Oh, wait. It gets better. She painted a picture of Capt Smith and Pocahontas on the t-shirt. A tree in the back ground, a few shoots of grass, a sun. She got an "A". Really.
:cough:liberalcrap:cough:

D

dems4me

elaine said:
Go back up and read the rest.

UFB ... is all I can say. Glad your daughter got an A but.... that just sounds a little loopey to me.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
UFB ... is all I can say. Glad your daughter got an A but.... that just sounds a little loopey to me.

I wasn't pleased about the "A" at all. I at least thought I'd see a "written" report. When it never materialized, I made her do a real book report, including outline, notes and bibliography. I gave her an "A".

D

dems4me

elaine said:
I wasn't pleased about the "A" at all. I at least thought I'd see a "written" report. When it never materialized, I made her do a real book report, including outline, notes and bibliography. I gave her an "A".

:clap: Great Idea!!! :clap: Then you should have had her paint another t-shirt reflecting the lesson that was learned... :lol:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
:clap: Great Idea!!! :clap: Then you should have had her paint another t-shirt reflecting the lesson that was learned... :lol:

She didn't want to paint the first one. She thought it was childish.

D

dems4me

elaine said:
:yeahthat: Too bad the teacher didn't think of it.

She was probably too busy planning her leave time so that it would coincide with days she is responsible to show up at work. :yay:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
dems4me said:
She was probably too busy planning her leave time so that it would coincide with days she is responsible to show up at work. :yay:

She could have been calculating how much money she needed from each student to stock her supply cabinet.

D

dems4me

elaine said:
She could have been calculating how much money she needed from each student to stock her supply cabinet.

or just pocket it to finance the cruise :jet:

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
elaine said:

Oh, wait. It gets better. She painted a picture of Capt Smith and Pocahontas on the t-shirt. A tree in the back ground, a few shoots of grass, a sun. She got an "A". Really.
7th grade????? 1st maybe.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
dems4me said:
or just pocket it to finance the cruise :jet:
Which leads to another question...

How can she afford to go on a cruise EVERY YEAR?? If Hubby is doing that well in his job, why bother whining to get your job back, kick back and enjoy retirement. :shrug:

D

dems4me

Dymphna said:
Which leads to another question...

How can she afford to go on a cruise EVERY YEAR?? If Hubby is doing that well in his job, why bother whining to get your job back, kick back and enjoy retirement. :shrug:

:shrug:

cholo

¡Tengo una tarjeta verde!
FromTexas said:
So don't come crying to me because your wife chooses to do a little more for her young ones or because I want to hold teachers accountable.

As I said, I am not looking for sympathy from you or anyone else. The point I was trying to make in my original post was that teachers do a lot more than most people think. As a former teacher, I would think you would agree with that. In my opinion, I think they deserve to use their leave as they see fit, provided that it doesn't disrupt the class.

As for holding the teachers accountable for properly educating your children, I have no problem with that. What I do have a problem with is the occasional parent who gets irate and obnoxious with the teacher because they are doing some activity that the parent thinks has nothing to do with education. These are usually the same parents who have never volunteered in or observed their child's class.

D

dems4me

cholo said:
What I do have a problem with is the parent who gets irate and obnoxious with the teacher because they are doing some activity that the parent thinks has nothing to do with education. These are usually the same parents who have never volunteered in or observed their child's class.

:popcorn: