PNC Robbery, Kidnapping. Listen to the scanner

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
As someone else alredy posted, the FBI is in on this crime scene, along with the local law enforcement types, sheriff/MSP personnel. I guess the kidnapping claim is what brought the FBI into the picture. If something is indeed phony about the story, they will get to the bottom of it.

BTW, I had the pleasure of talking with a deputy sheriff(St. Mary's Co.), about the case, and where the bad guys might be, and was told that they think these guys are still in the county!

They do not believe they have left, or escaped from the local area.
Our role. We've been chasing down bank robbers and solving major heists since the days of John Dillinger and "Baby Face" Nelson. In the early days we supported local authorities; in 1934, however, it became a federal crime to rob any national bank or state member bank of the Federal Reserve System. The law was expanded to include bank burglary, larceny, and similar crimes against federally insured savings and loans and federal credit unions, with jurisdiction delegated to the FBI.
This is why the FBI is in on the investigation.

camily

Peace
No, I mean small becuase literally a small house trailer is bigger then this darn branch. Also wouldn't the one year old boy be FREAKING out with a gun to his head, as has been reported, while his mother and sister left the vehicle with him in it with two strangers in commo and masks with weapons. I have a 8 & ( year old and I can't even pee without then trying to knck down the door.

Also what robbers/kidnappers in there right mind would then drive to Green Holly and let the woman out and let her get the baby out of the babyseat and then pull off?

Maybe he was asleep.? He was riding in a car and only one year old. I don't think a one year old would cry about a gun. Do they even know what a gun is?

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
Alllll Aboard!

Whodunnit Dinner Murder Mystery

Date: 10/4/2008
Time: 5:30 PM
Duration: 02:30

Guests will search for clues, interrogate suspects and solve WHODUNNIT. Open to adults age 18 and older. The resident registration fee is $20 (non-resident: $22). Reservations are required by September 24. Registration fee includes catered meal, show, and so much fun you might die laughing. Please arrive at 5:30pm.

For details or directions, call Nanjemoy Community Center at 301-246-9612 or 301-609-7639.

BTW, I had the pleasure of talking with a deputy sheriff(St. Mary's Co.), about the case, and where the bad guys might be, and was told that they think these guys are still in the county!

They do not believe they have left, or escaped from the local area.

I can see why they would think that if one perp was seen leaving CVS on foot. Also if they were planning on getting out of the county why would they drop the Tahoe South of the bank and meet up, I'm assuming, with the Black Nissan?

belvak

Happy Camper
Okay, just to add more for discussion...

From the SOMD Update article - Update on PNC Robbery - Southern Maryland Headline News

The abduction of the victim, LaToya Booth, 27, and her two children from their Lusby home occurred at approximately 6:15 a.m., according to the Calvert County Sheriff's Office.

The first 911 call in St. Marys for the abduction & bank robbery came in at 7:53 a.m.

Question: Why did it take an hour and a half to get from Lusby to the bank? Did they stop for breakfast?

camily

Peace

From the SOMD Update article - Update on PNC Robbery - Southern Maryland Headline News

The abduction of the victim, LaToya Booth, 27, and her two children from their Lusby home occurred at approximately 6:15 a.m., according to the Calvert County Sheriff's Office.

The first 911 call in St. Marys for the abduction & bank robbery came in at 7:53 a.m.

Question: Why did it take an hour and a half to get from Lusby to the bank? Did they stop for breakfast?

Bridge traffic. :lol:

theArtistFormerlyKnownAs

Bridge traffic. :lol:

:roflmao:

glhs837

Power with Control

Doesnt say that, it says 1 1/2 hours from abduction to
The first 911 call in St. Marys for the abduction

Time spent driving. Time spent explaining to her in front of the bank, time spent while she's in the bank explaining to co-worker whats up, time spent while they get the money, then more time while to coworker decides they are really gone and its safe to call.

cashncarry

I can see why they would think that if one perp was seen leaving CVS on foot. Also if they were planning on getting out of the county why would they drop the Tahoe South of the bank and meet up, I'm assuming, with the Black Nissan?
Ummmm, maybe they weren't planning on getting out of the county at that particular moment. Wouldn't they have to go some place private (like home) to divy up the money? Go from CVS on 235 across Buck Hewitt Road to Chancellors Run Road to Great Mills Road, to Route 5 unless they were stopping off at home maybe on Pegg Road or some place close by. Any bank robber worth his salt would know that 235 North would be crawling with police and possibly road blocks. Take some little back roads and chill until the heat cools down. I know nothing and have no prior experience in such matters but am trying to think like a crook, which is not easy for me.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Ummmm, maybe they weren't planning on getting out of the county at that particular moment. Wouldn't they have to go some place private (like home) to divy up the money? Go from CVS on 235 across Buck Hewitt Road to Chancellors Run Road to Great Mills Road, to Route 5 unless they were stopping off at home maybe on Pegg Road or some place close by. Any bank robber worth his salt would know that 235 North would be crawling with police and possibly road blocks. Take some little back roads and chill until the heat cools down. I know nothing and have no prior experience in such matters but am trying to think like a crook, which is not easy for me.

That THERE was another possibility the deputy sheriff offered up, during our conversation. The fact that these guys might actually live here, in the local area. :yikes:

cashncarry

3 day old fish

This whole story stinks to high heavens to me. For one thing if I were going to rob a bank I'd find out when the armoured trucks made their delivery and rob soon thereafter or rob on a pay day when additional monies would be available not on a Wednesday morning before the bank even opened. Since they were so well armed and staffed, why didn't they go into the bank and get what they wanted. Why was it necessary to send the manager and one kid inside to make the collection for them. Also I wouldn't be dragging a woman and a couple of kids along with me "for the ride". Nor would I drop them off at a school, which is located on a dead end road then drive back out on that same road past the crime scene then wait for the light to change to a left arrow turn signal to drive back out onto 235 to pick up the get-away car parked nearby to the south at the CVS. Just all sounds terribly stupid and too involved. I say for us locals, be aware of people spending lots of cash friviously, from Wal Mart, to department stores, to grocery stores, to liquor stores. God know I'd need a couple of drinks after all that! Oh and they will probably want to have a celebration party probably catered. They can afford it now. Remember as someone pointed out earlier the guy who robbed the Credit Union in Leonardtown a couple of years ago had the balls or stupidity to try to buy a new car with cash money a couple of days later. Busted! These guys will eventually trip themselves up. Wait and watch.

RestlessApril

Seeker of Truth
"For one thing if I were going to rob a bank I'd find out when the armoured trucks made their delivery and rob soon thereafter"

It's possible that they get their cash deliver on Tuesday and the bank would have a large amount of cash in the branch on Wednesday. There were a couple of things they said in last night's news that has me suspicious. The manager is saying one of the masked gunmen drove her vehicle from White Sands to the bank location. That is at least a 15-20 minute drive, I would think that somebody would have seen a masked man driving that time of the day for that long a period of time. Also, they said she had her car keys with her when she went into the branch. Did the masked men let her take her keys and leave them outside with no way of escape if someone else happened to pull up and notice them? There is alot more to this story.

jayboy

Pfft you don't impress me
This whole story stinks to high heavens to me. For one thing if I were going to rob a bank I'd find out when the armoured trucks made their delivery and rob soon thereafter or rob on a pay day when additional monies would be available not on a Wednesday morning before the bank even opened. Since they were so well armed and staffed, why didn't they go into the bank and get what they wanted. Why was it necessary to send the manager and one kid inside to make the collection for them. Also I wouldn't be dragging a woman and a couple of kids along with me "for the ride". Nor would I drop them off at a school, which is located on a dead end road then drive back out on that same road past the crime scene then wait for the light to change to a left arrow turn signal to drive back out onto 235 to pick up the get-away car parked nearby to the south at the CVS. Just all sounds terribly stupid and too involved. I say for us locals, be aware of people spending lots of cash friviously, from Wal Mart, to department stores, to grocery stores, to liquor stores. God know I'd need a couple of drinks after all that! Oh and they will probably want to have a celebration party probably catered. They can afford it now. Remember as someone pointed out earlier the guy who robbed the Credit Union in Leonardtown a couple of years ago had the balls or stupidity to try to buy a new car with cash money a couple of days later. Busted! These guys will eventually trip themselves up. Wait and watch.

To me the money is there no matter what day of the week it is and on paydays even less since they are cashing checks and the amount of actual cash in less with each check. They do have vaults to store a certain amount of money in them and if it were me, I would know security would be alerted around the times you mentioned, no one would suspect a robbery in the middle of the week, hence they got away with it. I agree it is only a matter of time before they get caught but so far NOTHING.

citysherry

I Need a Beer
"For one thing if I were going to rob a bank I'd find out when the armoured trucks made their delivery and rob soon thereafter"

It's possible that they get their cash deliver on Tuesday and the bank would have a large amount of cash in the branch on Wednesday. There were a couple of things they said in last night's news that has me suspicious. The manager is saying one of the masked gunmen drove her vehicle from White Sands to the bank location. That is at least a 15-20 minute drive, I would think that somebody would have seen a masked man driving that time of the day for that long a period of time. Also, they said she had her car keys with her when she went into the branch. Did the masked men let her take her keys and leave them outside with no way of escape if someone else happened to pull up and notice them? There is alot more to this story.

Maybe she had tinted car windows and maybe the bank door key was on the same keyring as her car keys. It would have been faster and easier to just give her all the keys but not smart.

jayboy

Hey I have driven down 235 with a freddy kruger mask on with my buddies in the car with halloween masks and no one batted an eye. most people are so focused on getting to work they don't lool into every car they pass.

jayboy

Maybe she had tinted car windows and maybe the bank door key was on the same keyring as her car keys. It would have been faster and easier to just give her all the keys but not smart.

For security reasons I would hope she would not have the bank keys on the same as her car. Plus who is to say they did not remove them.