Politics is Downstream From Culture

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A game SET IN CHINA with mythological creatures like Monkeys, Elephants, Tigers and furry creatures even though everyone in the game is technically Chinese .... IS NOT DIVERSE ENOUGH

Largely Lacks Inclusion and Diversity ....
I guess there were not enough Queer or Trans Mythological Creatures

[ Oh wait NOT enough FEMALE Characters, in a game with female characters ]

These freaking Woke Journalists always have to PUSH the progressive ideas

Screen Rant ATTACKS Black Myth Devs! Spreads FALSE ACCUSATIONS Of SEXISM As Gamers DEFEND Wukong!​

While my analysis and review of Black Myth: Wukong remain focused on gameplay, it's important to mention the controversies surrounding the game's studio and the reports of misogyny and sexism from developers. Playing as a female gamer allowed me to notice issues surrounding inclusion and representation.

As far as Chapters 1 and 2, while characters are clearly fictitious and fantastical creatures, there were no female or feminine NPCs, enemies, or bosses present. The only exception, if you can call it 'female', is a boss named Mother of Stones in Chapter 2, which is nothing more than a still, glowing rock with no abilities, being guarded by other enemies.

The lack of diversity and inclusivity resonates with the misogynistic comments reported to have been made by developers, which expressed disdain for women playing their games. Although Black Myth: Wukong does have truly enjoyable moments, the underlying feeling that women aren't welcome in this world felt present throughout my gameplay experience.

It's worth noting the game is based on the novel, Journey To The West, which does consist of a few important female characters. To not include any women or to only include a few in an adaptation meant for a modern audience is quite disconcerting.

While this doesn't take away from the exhilaration and fun of boss fights themselves, women fans of soulslike games may have a different perspective, especially given that, according to reports, the developer also suggested that women aren't capable of enjoying or being skilled at these types of games.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Black LGBTQ Activist TRIGGERED Over White Man Declaring He IS NOT Attracted To Black Women!​

If it HAS A DICK, or was born with a DICK ... I AM NOT INTERESTED

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A game SET IN CHINA with mythological creatures like Monkeys, Elephants, Tigers and furry creatures even though everyone in the game is technically Chinese .... IS NOT DIVERSE ENOUGH

Largely Lacks Inclusion and Diversity ....
I guess there were not enough Queer or Trans Mythological Creatures

[ Oh wait NOT enough FEMALE Characters, in a game with female characters ]

These freaking Woke Journalists always have to PUSH the progressive ideas

While my analysis and review of Black Myth: Wukong remain focused on gameplay, it's important to mention the controversies surrounding the game's studio and the reports of misogyny and sexism from developers. Playing as a female gamer allowed me to notice issues surrounding inclusion and representation.

Gee Imagine that ... a hidden network of PR Firms PUSHING DIE .....

Black Myth Hit Piece EXPOSES Sweet Baby NETWORK! HIDDEN Wukong Reviewer Part of a BIGGER Scheme?!​

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Professors working to abolish harmful street names

By Eric Utter

Several professors, headed by project leader Daniel Oto-Peralías at Universidad Pablo de Olavide in Spain, have created a new app that they claim will help identify “offensive” and “harmful” street names and “repair past wrongs.”

The STNAMES LAB app was described by Oto-Peralías and fellow geography professors Derek Alderman of the University of Tennessee and Joshua Inwood of Penn State University as an “important education tool” in a recent article at The Conversation.
The intrepid professors wrote that the app:

will help communities understand how discriminatory beliefs are woven into everyday spaces and the harm caused by offensive names.

They added:

We believe the app will help people see the changes necessary to recognize and repair past wrongs in street naming.

Users of the app can search for offensive street names in North America and Western Europe -- and even get their exact locations. (Perhaps in case they want to “cancel” any street signs that sport names that offend them personally.)

For example, the professors noted that they found hundreds of street names containing the obviously harmful words “savage” and “squaw.” “Savage” is, well, kinda mean sounding, but it's also a common last name, and squaw is supposedly a derogatory term directed at female Native Americans … though everyone I’ve ever met believes it simply means a female Native American. (Not that it should matter. We can no longer even say what a “female” is, anyway. We are incessantly told that it certainly has nothing to do with a person’s genitalia.)

What street name wouldn’t be offensive to someone determined to be offended? Countless streets are named for a person. In these cases, the offendee(s) are going to feign “harm” if the person the street was named after ever thought, said, or did anything with which the offendee disagreed, no matter how minutely or far back in the past it may have been.

Nearly every smaller town has a “Main Street.” This seems insulting and non-inclusive. What about all the other streets -- of various types? Why are they relegated to lesser status?

How about “Broad” Street?! Talk about offensive! And misogynistic! Or “Church” Street! Are atheists just supposed to put up with this demeaning and harmful designation?

Some types of streets appear to me to be offensive, as well. “Thoroughfare” and “drive,” for example. The former categorization may well be offensive to those who aren’t particularly thorough, while the latter is patently offensive to those who happen to lack determination.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

REPORT: The Liberal Late Night Shows That No One Watches Are on Their Way Out

Over the last decade, late night shows (with the single exception of Greg Gutfeld) have become nothing more than infomercials for the Democrat party.

It has gotten to the point where almost the only guests on the Late Show with Stephen Colbert are Democrat politicians and hosts from CNN or MSNBC.

Millions of Americans have been turned off and have tuned out. As a result, many of these shows are going to be phased out eventually.

The New York Post reports:

The end is nigh for snoozefest late-night talk shows
In an interview this week, Jimmy Kimmel conceded that the end is nigh for late-night talk shows.
“I don’t know if there will be any late-night television shows on network TV in 10 years,” the “Jimmy Kimmel Live” host said.
“Maybe there’ll be one but there won’t be a lot of them.”
Jimmy’s right. The culling has already commenced.
After James Corden departed “The Late Late Show” in 2023, CBS didn’t kick off a dramatic “Late Shift”-style talent search of yesteryear — the network brass replaced it with a comedy game show called “After Midnight.”…
Late night is now squarely aimed at 50-and-up MSNBC viewers who don’t mind skipping “The 11th Hour with Stephanie Ruhle” and are content with Jimmy Fallon’s struggles to make eye contact. Viewers are probably doing the dishes.
These shows have never in history been such a tedious afterthought.

These shows lost the plot and very few people will miss them.