Price of Crabs

D

DaMadman

Her you go here is the difference in the ones that lay eggs and the ones that do NOT

http://www.blue-crab.org/identification.php

You know there are some people around here that could benefit by living by this creed

Rather remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt

It wasn't that hard to do the search to find the difference but I guess some people want it all layed out for them.
Typed in immature Female Blue Crab into Google and Viola!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Originally posted by DaMadman
Her you go here is the difference in the ones that lay eggs and the ones that do NOT

http://www.blue-crab.org/identification.php

You know there are some people around here that could benefit by living by this creed

Rather remain silent and be thought a fool than to open ones mouth and remove all doubt

It wasn't that hard to do the search to find the difference but I guess some people want it all layed out for them.
:rolleyes:

bottoms up

Gee, it's kind of funny that no one would be able to tell that THIS is a male :lol:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    8.5 KB · Views: 78

SxyPrincess

Well, madman...here's proof from your very own link stating we shouldn't keep female crabs.

"IMPORTANT: Many people wrongly believe that a sook is safe to keep because they say she has already mated and will never do so again. Mated, yes. Spawned, no. Sooks found in the Chesapeake Bay have mated but have not yet released any eggs (spawned.) This distinction is very important! During mating the female receives sperm from the male and stores it for later use. No eggs have yet been released! Immediately after mating, sooks migrate to the mouth of the Bay to spawn. This is because crab eggs can only survive in high-salinity water. If she were to release her eggs in the brackish waters of the mid to upper Bay where she mated, the eggs would die. The sook will remain at the mouth of the Bay and will spawn repeatedly since she has enough stored sperm to fertilize many egg clutches. The moral of the story is that any female that you keep has the potential to significantly reduce the overall crab population since these females will never have the opportunity to spawn. Please release all females!"

K

Kain99

Originally posted by DaMadman

Wow! You're a genius! Good thing all of us stupid heads have you, to teach us how to surf. :wink:

SxyPrincess

Originally posted by Kain99
Wow! You're a genius! Good thing all of us stupid heads have you, to teach us how to surf. :wink:
He could probably find you some really cool crop circle pictures, too, Kain! :bubble:

D

DaMadman

Well what do you expect evertime I posted something I kept getting smart*ss remarks about how many times the molt and did the crabber ask the female if she was done procreating.

I have lived around the area so I know about crabs and I appologize if I was harsh, with anyone that doesn"t but ignorance on a subject is no excuse.

The whole point was crappy service to begin with.

I was genuinely trying to tell those that did not know that there is a difference between the egg laying Females and the ones that are legal to keep and cook, and all I kept getting Smart*ss comments

D

DaMadman

Originally posted by SxyPrincess
He could probably find you some really cool crop circle pictures, too, Kain! :bubble:

That sound like something a WALDORFIAN would spurt out :biggrin:

D

DaMadman

Originally posted by otter
Welcome, Madman..:lmao:

Oh beleive me I have nooo problem with Smart*### comments, I post at a couple of boards that would blow your socks off with the back and forth smart*ss stuff that goes on.

Thanks for the welcome:biggrin:

S

SusieQ

I think its sad that two new people register and post and people on here have to be smart asses and think for one minute they are funny. You think we will leave and stop posting that easily. Never.

Besides that wouldn't you want new people to post?

K

Kain99

Originally posted by SusieQ
I think its sad that two new people register and post and people on here have to be smart asses and think for one minute they are funny. You think we will leave and stop posting that easily. Never.
Maybe I'm reading between the lines here...... but It seems to me after careful research, that the thread ended with a "Welcome" and a "Thank you."

Are you sure that you're not the one trying to cause trouble?:rolleyes:

S

SusieQ

I actually do like people to have fun. I just think its rude that I posted here for the first time today. I've lived in So. Md. my whole life I posted about a issue in the correct thread and no one had anything nice to say just began attacking my post.

Treat others the way you'd like to be treated. I'm sure each of you were new at some point. Correct.

I don't need to get over myself believe me.