Proud of My Daughter!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So she doesn't mind that the animals are slaughtered, just that she got to witness it?

She isn't speaking out against slaughter, she is speaking out about people finding out what slaughter looks like.

Sorry, but that is not courageous in the least. If you can't stand seeing it slaughtered, you shouldn't eat it.
This will be my point.
I am very proud of my daughter Brandi for expressing her feelings for the entire county to read. She is nineteen and very compassionate about the treatment of animals. When she came running into the room crying about what she just witnessed on tv, I told her to write it down and send it to those she hoped would share her same feelings. I am extremely appalled by the majority of rude and hurtful responses she received from this site! I am a forumite and have had great success with this community. I am very disappointed that this is the treatment she received for her first post!

She did change the channel, but the damage was already done. It only takes less then a minute to know when you see something like the pig slaughter, that it was cruel! Animals are slaughtered all the time for human consumption, but I don't recall ever seeing a pig, cow, horse or any other animal being killed like this and shown on any public tv.

I am very proud of my daughters compassion for animals and for having the guts to put it out there for all the world to see! Her feelings are still strong and she has sent her letter to our local delegates, congressmen, and newspapers.

Congratulations to you Brandi for a job well done!

You gotta say what you gotta say.:yay: Good for her.
I don't know why people would slam her like that, I felt it was out of line myself. The show must have been pretty graphic. However:
How does she feel about bull fighting? You know it goes on, but unless it's on your tv it doesn't matter? As long as it doesn't invade your living room it's ok?

IMNEMT-B

Oh, I know how the forum works. I have not failed as a parent either!!! I tought her exactly what she did! Stand up for what you believe! I can't say that for a lot of other forumites! She had the guts to put it out there and read every reply posted! She smiled!

vegmom

Bookseller Lady
My POV is if you don't like something on TV vote with your thumbs: change the channel. Nothing gets thru to broadcasters like bad ratings. Unfortunatly this was on Public Access Cable, so neither FCC rules nor worry about advertising dollars applies in this case.

I do wonder though if this fell under any USDA or MDA rules as far as how the animal was killed?

sockgirl77

Oh, I know how the forum works. I have not failed as a parent either!!! I tought her exactly what she did! Stand up for what you believe! I can't say that for a lot of other forumites! She had the guts to put it out there and read every reply posted! She smiled!

Did she call Channel 10 and whine?

Kittykat33

Why me??

Did I miss her post some where???

Fugazi

I am very proud of my daughter Brandi for expressing her feelings for the entire county to read. She is nineteen and very compassionate about the treatment of animals. When she came running into the room crying about what she just witnessed on tv, I told her to write it down and send it to those she hoped would share her same feelings. I am extremely appalled by the majority of rude and hurtful responses she received from this site! I am a forumite and have had great success with this community. I am very disappointed that this is the treatment she received for her first post!

She did change the channel, but the damage was already done. It only takes less then a minute to know when you see something like the pig slaughter, that it was cruel! Animals are slaughtered all the time for human consumption, but I don't recall ever seeing a pig, cow, horse or any other animal being killed like this and shown on any public tv.

I am very proud of my daughters compassion for animals and for having the guts to put it out there for all the world to see! Her feelings are still strong and she has sent her letter to our local delegates, congressmen, and newspapers.

Congratulations to you Brandi for a job well done!

Is she hot?

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My POV is if you don't like something on TV vote with your thumbs: change the channel. Nothing gets thru to broadcasters like bad ratings. Unfortunatly this was on Public Access Cable, so neither FCC rules nor worry about advertising dollars applies in this case.

I do wonder though if this fell under any USDA or MDA rules as far as how the animal was killed?

This is real life. There are no rules for such things.

SouthernMdRocks

R.I.P. Bobo, We miss you!
This will be my point.

You gotta say what you gotta say.:yay: Good for her.
I don't know why people would slam her like that, I felt it was out of line myself. The show must have been pretty graphic. However:
How does she feel about bull fighting? You know it goes on, but unless it's on your tv it doesn't matter? As long as it doesn't invade your living room it's ok?

I couldn't watch bullfighting, too violent for me....:lalala:
But I will watch the run of the bulls,,,, paybacks are a biatch!!!:lmao:

craberta

Why are animals so cute, and taste so good. Why does it have to be this way. If you have kids you know what I mean about them finding out where pepperoni and sausage and crunchy bacon cone from. You have to have kids to understand.

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member
If you can't stand seeing it slaughtered, you shouldn't eat it.

Just because I don't wanna see it killed before it gets to my plate, doesn't mean I'm going not to eat it - but I'm certainly not going complain about it either.

I don't see what's all the fuss is about. If people knew how half of the food they eat made it through the processing plants and onto their grocery store shelves they certainly wouldn't be upset about a little pig dying.

sockgirl77

Why are animals so cute, and taste so good. Why does it have to be this way. If you have kids you know what I mean about them finding out where pepperoni and sausage and crunchy bacon cone from. You have to have kids to understand.

I have kids. I change the channel when I do not want them to see something.

wineo

loving life
It's called Public Access.:doh: It is for the general public to use this time for whatever they want, if slots are open. I admit the Heavens Gate guy is a little scary:lmao: Eye looking thru the peep hole:jameo:

It is a fact of life, my first hog killing when I was 12, I raised 4 hogs and they were my buddies, I learned fast not to make friends with the farm animals.

We are having porkloin for dinner with rice:elaine:

dawn

It would bother me to see something like that to. Kudos for Brandi for caring.:yay:

:yeahthat:

So she doesn't mind that the animals are slaughtered, just that she got to witness it?

She isn't speaking out against slaughter, she is speaking out about people finding out what slaughter looks like.

Sorry, but that is not courageous in the least. If you can't stand seeing it slaughtered, you shouldn't eat it.

Because of they way the kill animals, I stoped eating meat when I was sixteen, it has been almost 23 years since I last ate anything that was once living and then killed.

IMNEMT-B

Now why would she do that when she can post something about it on the internet? Calling them and letting them know personally wouldn't get anything done!!:jameo:

She has sent her letter to Metrocast, all the county newspapers, local delegates, Congressmen Hoyer, local animal rights groups. She wants to be heard!

Status
Not open for further replies.