Quarantine workouts

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Middle one? That's my favorite. It's ambidextrous too which comes in handy when I'm driving.
I can only give a proper one finger salute with my left hand. The right one needs help. I have to hold the other two finger down to get the middle one up. :jet:

Bonehead

SG have you tried a knee brace for when you walk ? It might prevent the issue you are having.

Bonehead

No sorry, but I bet google will be of assistance. My knees required replacement 5 years ago. They work well except for any rapid lateral movement.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I walked all of Solomon’s yesterday. Maybe I’ll walk at SM College today. Weather is beautiful for it.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I walked all of Solomon’s yesterday. Maybe I’ll walk at SM College today. Weather is beautiful for it.
It was beautiful after the rain moved out. I was stuck in the attic doing some rerouting of the security system cables and adding an electrical outlet. When the pounding of the rain stopped, I crawled out and couldn't believe how beautiful the sky was.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm focused on keeping my shooting skillz up today. Blasting wood boring bumble bees with my .177 Hatsan....how dare they decide to bore holes in the rafters of my cottage roof??

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Carpenter bees? I hate those things, they fly right up in your face. I heard they don't sting though.
Years ago when we had a wood picnic table, those bees made their home underneath it. Lately, I have seen a couple scoping out our metal patio table. They must not be too smart.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Carpenter bees? I hate those things, they fly right up in your face. I heard they don't sting though.
Yep. They are always boring holes in my buildings..my many picnic tables...and one even had the audacity to bore a hole in to the handle of my favorite old shovel that is leaning against the shop wall. Bastids.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
How do you kill them? They're always dive bombing me when I lay out and screaming at them doesn't work. Oh and while I have you - sorry about yesterday...:blushing:
.177 air rifle with a scope.

Yesterday was fine! So is today. You worry too much. ;-)

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
That must be fun - are you drinking Coronas while you do -I'm trying to set the scene in my mind. I don't get drunk very often and when do I normally sleep, not post. I don't spel too gooder when I'm drinking.

After I've had a few, I change tactics and simply shoot the one in the middle of the three I'm seeing...

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
. Why doesn't Corona have a screw off top I wonder.

so that we who drink it can impress everyone with the "lighter hidden in the palm" top popping trick..and then sit back and watch them strip the meat off the palm of their hand trying valiantly to duplicate our feat.

Simple. Those Corona marketing folks are geenwisses.

Bonehead

I'm focused on keeping my shooting skillz up today. Blasting wood boring bumble bees with my .177 Hatsan....how dare they decide to bore holes in the rafters of my cottage roof??
There are some very effective traps made for those suckers. I know shooting them is more fun, a badmitton (sp) raquet is fun too.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They always return like they're homing pigeons. I wrapped my fascia in aluminum 20 years ago and they still come back and hover. I once got after them with a .22 with birdshot, but then found brake clean will knock them out long enough to stomp them.

stgislander

PREMO Member
They always return like they're homing pigeons. I wrapped my fascia in aluminum 20 years ago and they still come back and hover. I once got after them with a .22 with birdshot, but then found brake clean will knock them out long enough to stomp them.
Kinda waste of Brakleen isn't it?

warneckutz

I've just started with dumbbells and they're not very heavy at the moment. I'm doing stuff relative to arms, back, and shoulders but my neck is killing me and I have no idea why - is that SOP when you first start out and do you have any suggestions for a beginner?
You may be compensating while adjusting to moving the weights. I hadn't lifted in weeks and after I got back into last week I noticed my neck was killing me. It's easier to pull something trying to get in shape than getting into shape. :lol:

Proper form is what it's all about. If it gets more serious for you and you're gonna keep working out - look into PowerBlock dumbbells. They're pricey but a set can replace having a ton of different dumbbells laying around. I finally get to pick mine up tomorrow. Their Sport model that goes up to 50lbs each hand is $350/pair.