Question about miscarriage

lisa8439

first of all, lots of :huggy: for you. I had a miscarriage about 6 months or so ago... and it was really rough mentally AND physically. I wasn't too far along so I didn't even have an OB yet - but I did have lots of bleeding and tremendous pain. I went to the ER (St. Mary's) and they actually treated me well. The doc there explained that the pain was probably due to the uterus trying to 'expel' - almost like mini contractions - AND a back problem that I already have (and have had for a long time) was contributing to the awful pain.

I did get a good exam, ultrasounds, etc. and I was sent home with painkillers, some sedatives/anxiety meds, and advice for a couple of days of bedrest (and that was sort of for my sanity as well - the baby I lost was very much wanted) :frown: and even though I was in a lot of pain, my bloodwork levels were dropping sufficiently (they checked it every couple of days at my primary doc after I got out of the hospital - and they were within 'normal' limits after a miscarriage in the hospital as well) so I didn't need a D&C - I was under the impression that they go by whether or not your blood levels are dropping and how the ultrasound looks as to whether or not they'll let it progress naturally or not.

Again, :huggy: for you - it was very rough physically but emotionally, hubby and I were really looking forward to another baby (we have a daughter already) and were both very excited. It makes you feel so inadequate for a while, like your body doesn't work right or something. Just take good care of yourself AND your family - I'm sure they are hurting too, just not in quite the same way as you. I'll say a prayer for you.

HeavyChevy75

Podunk FL
When I had my miscarriage a while ago the pain was intense. I was curled up in a ball crying. My mom took me to the ER and they gave pain meds. I had a D & C.

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08
I hope they are taking care of her. I hope they have admitted her and will watch her tonight and keep her pain in check. She doesn't need to be in pain and if she gets the "right" doctors, they will keep the pain in check. I go to St. Mary's for treatments every 3 weeks and they are always very "pain" conscious (sp?).

jwwb2000

pretty black roses
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Well luckily this had nothing to do with the miscarriage as everything had passed. I have a severe uti and somewhat dehydrated. I'm just happy my female parts are fine and nothing else had to be done other than fluids and antibiotics.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9530/4.7.0.75 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Well luckily this had nothing to do with the miscarriage as everything had passed. I have a severe uti and somewhat dehydrated. I'm just happy my female parts are fine and nothing else had to be done other than fluids and antibiotics.

:yay:
Whats a uti?

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

Are they keeping you? I get a dose of hydration every week. I take a nap while that's being done. If they're keeping you, press for the pain meds if you are still in pain, and SLEEP! You probably need a lot of sleep and because you have kids at home, you won't get sleep at home, probably.

jwwb2000

pretty black roses

BS Gal said:

Are they keeping you? I get a dose of hydration every week. I take a nap while that's being done. If they're keeping you, press for the pain meds if you are still in pain, and SLEEP! You probably need a lot of sleep and because you have kids at home, you won't get sleep at home, probably.

I'm going home tonight but I have a wonderful boyfriend who has been home with my kids and he will help with them tomorrow so I can rest.

sunflower

Loving My Life...

I'm going home tonight but I have a wonderful boyfriend who has been home with my kids and he will help with them tomorrow so I can rest.

Big Ole :huggy: Get lots of rest

BS Gal

Voted Nicest in 08

:yay: Drink a LOT of water and that G- juice that Gatorade makes. Low calories, but lots of hydration.

I hope you feel better soon. Mostly, don't over-do it when you get home. Sleep as much as your body tells you to sleep. I'm doing 3 hour naps now. :lol

C

CalvertNewbie

:yay: Drink a LOT of water and that G- juice that Gatorade makes. Low calories, but lots of hydration.

I hope you feel better soon. Mostly, don't over-do it when you get home. Sleep as much as your body tells you to sleep. I'm doing 3 hour naps now. :lol

Jwwb, I'm glad it wasn't something more serious. It's great you have such a great boyfriend to take care of you and the kids.

To jwwb and BS Gal, I hope you both feel better and get the rest you need! :huggy:

frozenrain

I am so sorry to hear this happen to you. Take care and try to rest.I hope physically you feel much better soon and I know it will take longer emotionally:huggy:-

Deneen

To any of you ladies who have had a miscarriage, were you in pain over a week after the miscarriage? I'm talking pain to the point you can barely stand up.

Your doctor should have admitted you immediately and performed a D&C. You could hemmorage if the remaining tissue is not completely expelled.

Go to the hospital now.