Question for show people?

GallopNTec

Sadielady said:
Well I hate to take "personal offense" to your statement, but I do. This very thread was started on 11/10/06 in the planning for a schooling show.Not one person during the planning said anything about Flat Iron having a show in early March. I went over to "A Moment in Time" and talked to the owner who is knowledgeable about show schedules in the area because he puts on his own show series and he was not aware of any conflicts. I have put ALOT of time and effort into this show already and the only profits I will see from this show is the schooling fees that my students pay me at any show. I am doing this Voluntarily because I would like to have a decent show in the area. I have no problem with Julie personally. Any problems with HPEC and her should have nothing to do with me. My students have supported her shows and even when I was told that she would not allow her students to support HPEC shows (by one of her students) I did not take it personally. On the other hand I still do not expect that she will send any of her students to any of Holly Points shows no matter what the date is, and that is her choice. The vast majority of the people who attend Flat Iron's shows are people who take lessons their. I don't feel like we would be losing many participants due to the conflict or that her show would suffer due to our show. If you are trying to have a problem with someone then blame me and not Holly Point. I am the one who has organized the show. I am a private instructor that works there and not an employee of HPEC. I am certain I will see red for this one!
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
So, are the shows at Flat Iron, AMIT,Oak Ridge not decent?HHMMMM
And , how do you know who attends the shows at Flat Iron and who they are?
My horses are there, I've been to everyone of the shows and have no idea who most of the people - riders, spectators are.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
Pasofever said:
YOu asked for input....do you have western or gaited classes?
There are only 10 western classes and they are just very basic. There were a few boarders who wanted something to ride in, that ride western, so I included something they could go in for fun. It by no means is meant to be some fabulous western show, just a show to school for something else. I did have input from some friends who helped with the western part and I got a separate judge for the western classes. I even added a champion & reserve for the open division because my friend told me too.

Pasofever

Does my butt look big?
I need to bring out a WP horse that has been off for 3 yrs....just looking to schooling classes later in the spring....but dont want to stick out like a sore thumb either..

K

KerryAnn1

Okay...If you were at Flat Iron for the shows- Did you not get a class list that has all the dates on it? Or did you oversee that...just doesn't make sense.

I know that Julie doesn't get on these forums and doesn't want anything to do with some of the stuff on here- she just doesn't like talking about people...I have not said anything to her about whats being said...but she really doesn't seem worried at all- In fact- you're taking a boarder of hers to a show pretty soon- Right? I was there when he told her and she said that he just HAD to get all of his horses shots and REAL coggins before the show. I guess that the horse had not gotten them when he boarded at HPEC. Not sure what thats about?

I watched a lesson tonight at the farm (Flat Iron) and Julie told her students that if the show was not on the same day that they would go. She thought that it was great to have another local show! So you're wrong on that note- Its not fair to make open comments about a person that you don't know. I have only known her for 3 weeks, but have spent alot of time at her barn riding and grooming. I need something to keep my mind off my husband that is in Iraq. I have seen and met alot of horse people, worked for top professionals and she is wonderful person with a heart of gold. She loves her students and horses. I don't think that she wants the wrong thing for anyone- including HPEC. So not blaming HPEC...

Its so funny! When I came there to look at the place for boarding- I told her that I had not looked at all the facilties in the area. She told me to go out and look at all the facilities! She named a few in the area and HPEC was one of them. She said nothing bad at all and just wanted me to see my options- the reason- She wanted me to be happy with where my horse was! That said more to me than anything. Most business people want to "close the deal". She would rather have happy people than unhappy business. Plus she was confident that I would be back.

BZHorseMomE- You're right- Its great to see a small horse community grow and have more options. The only reason I said anything was because it just doesn't make sense. The farms are so close and Julie is very easy to talk to. I'm sure that a simple phone call in November would quickly help the dates not conflict. The thing is- for a horse community to grow the people have to work together. Every barn offers something different, so there no reason for this "unhealthy" stuff going on. Reading some of the forums- this stuff may be why the community has no quality shows locally.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
GallopNTec said:
The lady doth protest too much, methinks.
So, are the shows at Flat Iron, AMIT,Oak Ridge not decent?HHMMMM
And , how do you know who attends the shows at Flat Iron and who they are?
My horses are there, I've been to everyone of the shows and have no idea who most of the people - riders, spectators are.
I am not trying to get into a pissing contest over a matter of opinion. Flat Iron shows are fine shows for people who want to get their horse out of the barn or show over cross rails. It is a beautiful facility. I personally like to show at the rated shows, MSA, SMHA, and anywhere I can practice a 12 ft stride over an 8-jump course. I have students that show at Flat Iron. I have nothing against the facility. I just need a decent size arena. I am not a dressage rider. That is whom they made the indoor and outdoor arena for... a dressage rider.

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Being new to the area someone sure knows alot about the inner works of alot of the local stables and there management. I'm so confused :jameo: It just seems someone is all over the place.

K

KerryAnn1

Pasofever said:
I need to bring out a WP horse that has been off for 3 yrs....just looking to schooling classes later in the spring....but dont want to stick out like a sore thumb either..
Just to let you know I am sitting here with the class list for Flat Iron and they have 15 western classes...plus showmanship. There is a show this weekend too- Feb 3- starts at 9 a.m.

K

Katie

BZHorseMomE said:
Being new to the area someone sure knows alot about the inner works of alot of the local stables and there management. I'm so confused :jameo: It just seems someone is all over the place.

I have been in the area for a while and know how the barns work. I might not have owned a horse this whole time but I have involved.

And if it wasn't on the same day as FIF. I would go to the show at Holly Point.

Last edited by a moderator:

BZHorseMomE

Hunter/Eq. Trainer :-)
Hey,

I want everyone's events to succeed. :howdy: Just glad we even have these options!!! Until recently we had to drive several hours to have any place to show during the Winter months. Here's to the health of the Horse Industry in So. MD :love:

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
KerryAnn1 said:
Okay...If you were at Flat Iron for the shows- Did you not get a class list that has all the dates on it? Or did you oversee that...just doesn't make sense.

I know that Julie doesn't get on these forums and doesn't want anything to do with some of the stuff on here- she just doesn't like talking about people...I have not said anything to her about whats being said...but she really doesn't seem worried at all- In fact- you're taking a boarder of hers to a show pretty soon- Right? I was there when he told her and she said that he just HAD to get all of his horses shots and REAL coggins before the show. I guess that the horse had not gotten them when he boarded at HPEC. Not sure what thats about?

I watched a lesson tonight at the farm (Flat Iron) and Julie told her students that if the show was not on the same day that they would go. She thought that it was great to have another local show! So you're wrong on that note- Its not fair to make open comments about a person that you don't know. I have only known her for 3 weeks, but have spent alot of time at her barn riding and grooming. I need something to keep my mind off my husband that is in Iraq. I have seen and met alot of horse people, worked for top professionals and she is wonderful person with a heart of gold. She loves her students and horses. I don't think that she wants the wrong thing for anyone- including HPEC. So not blaming HPEC...

Its so funny! When I came there to look at the place for boarding- I told her that I had not looked at all the facilties in the area. She told me to go out and look at all the facilities! She named a few in the area and HPEC was one of them. She said nothing bad at all and just wanted me to see my options- the reason- She wanted me to be happy with where my horse was! That said more to me than anything. Most business people want to "close the deal". She would rather have happy people than unhappy business. Plus she was confident that I would be back.

BZHorseMomE- You're right- Its great to see a small horse community grow and have more options. The only reason I said anything was because it just doesn't make sense. The farms are so close and Julie is very easy to talk to. I'm sure that a simple phone call in November would quickly help the dates not conflict. The thing is- for a horse community to grow the people have to work together. Every barn offers something different, so there no reason for this "unhealthy" stuff going on. Reading some of the forums- this stuff may be why the community has no quality shows locally.
I have never picked up a class list or shown at Flat Iron, so I had no idea of the dates. I even chat with people on here that are from Flat Iron and no one said anything. Give me a break.I am not saying anything that is mean or hateful. I like Julie just fine. I am confused by you making me out to be something I am not. I think there is plenty of business for everyone. I have no clue what you are talking about taking a boarder to a show...what?? You will fit in great around here on the forums since you like to stir the pot. I am a military wife too, so I truly feel for you with your husband's situation. Why don't you insult someone who deserves it?

fredsaid2

Sadielady, I have to stick up for you on this one. So there's a conflict, I don't see that either show will suffer. I don't believe you set your date with the intention of taking away from FI. Sadie is correct in that she is attempting to provide classes that are not available locally elsewhere during the winter. I hope it works out, it could be a nice stepping stone for those to show in a larger ring and get a feel of an 8-jump course.

More choices? It's all good :smile:

K

Katie

fredsaid2 said:
Sadielady, I have to stick up for you on this one. So there's a conflict, I don't see that either show will suffer. I don't believe you set your date with the intention of taking away from FI. Sadie is correct in that she is attempting to provide classes that are not available locally elsewhere during the winter. I hope it works out, it could be a nice stepping stone for those to show in a larger ring and get a feel of an 8-jump course.

More choices? It's all good :smile:

I know..

When I used to show all of the decent shows were at least 2 hours away. I was the only saddleseat rider most of the time.

I like the fact there are more choices down here. I might not show a large amount this summer, but next summer I will.

fredsaid2

Sadielady said:
Aww thanks. I momentarily feel loved. I know it won't last long so I will enjoy the moment.

Bask in the sunshine!

I think it's great you're putting your time and effort into a show for the community. It's great that FI does the same. From what I've seen of the class lists, each cater to a level of need. Just more options to choose from. Later on , should you feel like attempting it again I'm sure HP and FI will coordinate their dates. They you'll only need to choose how often to show.

K

KerryAnn1

WHEWWWW! Glad thats all better now. I really DID NOT MEAN to be a "pot stirring" person- just wanted to know what was up. I always love when fredsaid2 gets on here. EVERYTHING that is said is positive and makes sense. Thank you so much for helping ease the tension. I know what you mean about the courses and having 8 jump courses, 12 foot strides etc. to school over. There are plans to have a large outdoor arena with lights to do a summer schooling series. So I am sure that the 2 barns will coordinate dates so they both can choose to participate or not.

Sadielady

Ahhhh Florida!
As BZ said earlier, if the show goes well, then maybe the community can come together and make a schooling series with hosts at different barns, a schooling circuit of sorts. When FI gets their outdoor I would love to show there too and have them (if they wanted to) be part of a circuit. No hard feelings KerryAnn? This community is too small to create enemies.

K

Katie

Sadielady said:
As BZ said earlier, if the show goes well, then maybe the community can come together and make a schooling series with hosts at different barns, a schooling circuit of sorts. When FI gets their outdoor I would love to show there too and have them (if they wanted to) be part of a circuit. No hard feelings KerryAnn? This community is too small to create enemies.

I am sure that you could work something out with Julie. Having options is nice.

R

remaxrealtor

Sadielady said:
Well I hate to take "personal offense" to your statement, but I do. This very thread was started on 11/10/06 in the planning for a schooling show.Not one person during the planning said anything about Flat Iron having a show in early March. I went over to "A Moment in Time" and talked to the owner who is knowledgeable about show schedules in the area because he puts on his own show series and he was not aware of any conflicts. I have put ALOT of time and effort into this show already and the only profits I will see from this show is the schooling fees that my students pay me at any show. I am doing this Voluntarily because I would like to have a decent show in the area. I have no problem with Julie personally. Any problems with HPEC and her should have nothing to do with me. My students have supported her shows and even when I was told that she would not allow her students to support HPEC shows (by one of her students) I did not take it personally. On the other hand I still do not expect that she will send any of her students to any of Holly Points shows no matter what the date is, and that is her choice. The vast majority of the people who attend Flat Iron's shows are people who take lessons their. I don't feel like we would be losing many participants due to the conflict or that her show would suffer due to our show. If you are trying to have a problem with someone then blame me and not Holly Point. I am the one who has organized the show. I am a private instructor that works there and not an employee of HPEC. I am certain I will see red for this one!

Wow...I really tried to stay out of this thread. You are advertising a BUSINESS EVENT here, which I have no problem with. However, I have never seen Flat Iron post here, good or bad, and until they do....leave names and personal opinions out of this forum. It's rude and unprofessional, and generally makes you look bad. I would like to have respect for you and your facility...don't ruin it for me.

K

KerryAnn1

Sadielady said:

No hard feelings at all. This how it should be...happy and stress free. The only thing that we should worry about is what fredsaid- "how often we show". As long as we have choices. Good lord! We all CAN be friends! :flowers:

barncat

I've never shown locally because there was never anything to meet my needs. An eight fence course would still not tempt me to wake-up early, load the horse and stand around for the crazy show ring schedule that I have experienced at the hunter/jumper shows I have tried. I understand it's winter and an indoor can only accommodate so many fences. Maybe if I had a super-green one I would consider, and I guess that is what the majority of the horse/rider combinations are that compete at the local shows. I always loved that the eventing season ended in mid-November and started mid-March, just enough time to take a break, start working again and get back out there to compete.