Rate The Last Film You Watched

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Anyone seen "Harriet" yet? Sis and I are going to do the Underground Railroad Trail when I am over on the Eastern Shore for the Thanksgiving holiday and thought this would be a good refresher to watch.

Oh, and this tidbit about it.

Julia Roberts Was Suggested to Play Harriet Tubman, ‘Harriet’ Screenwriter Says

According to Howard, a “then-president of a studio sublabel” praised the script and then suggested Roberts play Tubman. “Fortunately, there was a single black person in that studio meeting 25 years ago who told him that Harriet Tubman was a black woman,” Howard wrote in the Times piece. “The president replied, ‘That was so long ago. No one will know that.'”

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/studio-exec-suggested-julia-roberts-043512412.html

:yikes: :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I saw it. :yay:
Cool. Gonna try to catch a matinee tomorrow as it's supposed to be rainy all day. I figure everyone else will be flocking to see "Frozen II" or "It's A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood" and I can have a near private showing. :lol:

luvmygdaughters

Watched a movie on Netflix the other night. Its called "Christmas Survival". Its kind of like a "Christmas Vacation", but set in England. I thought it was funny and the characters were all good!

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Watched the second Jumanji. Itwas as good as the last one, but in a different direction. Good mindless entertainment.

luvmygdaughters

Took the granddaughter to see the movie "Cats". My daughters took me to see the play for my birthday, many moons ago. The movie...how can I put this...hmmm...

SUCKED!!! The play was 20 times better. The movie was just ridiculous. Do not waste your time or money on this one.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
A friend and I went to see "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" yesterday. We both enjoyed it tremendously and you can't beat the John Williams score. Plus appearances from the original Star Wars cast, so a lot of sentimental feelings. Harrison Ford is still :hot: The movie was not perfect by any means, but it tied up a lot of loose ends and was visually stunning. I give it 3 out of 4 stars.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Took the granddaughter to see the movie "Cats". My daughters took me to see the play for my birthday, many moons ago. The movie...how can I put this...hmmm...

SUCKED!!! The play was 20 times better. The movie was just ridiculous. Do not waste your time or money on this one.
I have heard that so I won't waste my time. I have seen the play three or four times on stage and it is hard to beat that live experience. 🙀

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Saw "Judy" last weekend on PPV. Another flawed movie but Renee Zellweger was outstanding. So sad how the Hollywood machine and the men in her life used her. Deeply moving in places and heartbreaking in other. Three and a half out of four stars.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I have heard that so I won't waste my time. I have seen the play three or four times on stage and it is hard to beat that live experience. 🙀
I can't bring myself to see the movie. On stage was so much better, especially when we took my girl and the CATS ran up and down the aisle stopping at the audience members! Sweet days...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
A friend and I went to see "Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker" yesterday. We both enjoyed it tremendously and you can't beat the John Williams score. Plus appearances from the original Star Wars cast, so a lot of sentimental feelings. Harrison Ford is still :hot: The movie was not perfect by any means, but it tied up a lot of loose ends and was visually stunning. I give it 3 out of 4 stars.
Still need to get to this - I haven't been, yet!

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I can't bring myself to see the movie. On stage was so much better, especially when we took my girl and the CATS ran up and down the aisle stopping at the audience members! Sweet days...
My last time I think was when my sister got my mom and I front row seats to see it. The smoke machines kept setting off the fire alarm, so we got to see the beginning three times. :lol:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
My last time I think was when my sister got my mom and I front row seats to see it. The smoke machines kept setting off the fire alarm, so we got to see the beginning three times. :lol:
I don't recall that story. :lol:

I need a new dose of SPAMALOT! :lmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I don't recall that story. :lol:

I need a new dose of SPAMALOT! :lmao:
It was definitely a night to remember and we got home VERY late. Also got splattered by flying sweat from one of the cast members. :yikes:

I do, too! But I don't think it's on tour anymore. :bawl:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
It was definitely a night to remember and we got home VERY late. Also got splattered by flying sweat from one of the cast members. :yikes:

I do, too! But I don't think it's on tour anymore. :bawl:
Better than a boy cry. :lol:

I am sad about that.

I'd see Mama Mia again. And get all those autographs again for her birthday! Good times!

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

I saw this last night. I don't usually go for this genre, but looked good and it was. A good story and a lot of action. Fastest 2 hours!

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

I saw this last night. I don't usually go for this genre, but looked good and it was. A good story and a lot of action. Fastest 2 hours!
I read the synopsis and think this may be something I'd enjoy seeing. I just find it hard to sit still for that long.