Redskins v. Eagles...

That's horrible!! :lol:

So, how to get an owner to sell?

Not horrible - it was hilarious. :roflmao: I had my Thug-Taylor Jersey on and was surrounded by my fellow fans and rivals but the whole game vibe was different. It was known after the 4th play what the game was going to be like... I have heard horror stories of Philly fans and let me tell you it was far from it, and I think it was because we knew Philly was going to steam-roll. Now, they played sloppy as well but exploited and blew-up our secondary.

When Campbell fumbled the first ball, the stands got kinda quite. I yelling "Good call, I heard I-17 drop the ball from here" - the whole section cracked up laughing. What else can you do? It was being done all over the stadium. :lol:

People were chanting "sell the team" from time to time and it got pretty voicestrus.

I've never liked his attitude. He's lost his cool a number of times over the years and seems to be another "Hey, it's not me" jerk from the U.

Has he mentored any of the young guys?

However, you are right. Even on TV, there were several plays where he was let go and JC EVEN LOOKED his way but then...no.

That's the one thing I really like about going to a game vs. TV; you can see the whole field, see what everyone is doing.

I have tried to give the benefit of the doubt this year for one reason or another, but after last night I am whole heartedly convinced that what I put is pretty darn accurate. I forgot a few things but we all know what else needs fixed.

I still love my team and take the good with the bad, but boy oh boy there was almost mutiny in the stands. I got a TXT from my cousin in PA it read; "WOW, it looks like a lot of people dressed up as empty seats for Halloween at Fed-Ex!!!" There was a whole lot of empty seats in Club Level and the 400's.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Clev, do they still run the crowd noise through the PA to make it sound louder? I'm convinced they were doing that the last game I was at, about two years ago.

:buddies:

Otter

Nothing to see here
I went to the game and let me give my assessment after watching it live;

1 - There is no DB game, from the corners to the safety's there is absolutely NO discipline (game play). With the exception of Horton, Doughty and Hall - they whole lot needs to be cut... this includes Laron Landrey - he seemed confused.

The 3rd and 35 where Philly scored - remember that? McNabb had his choice of which receiver to hit, they both flew down the sidelines unchallenged by our DB's... Carlos Rogers got burnt because he is the easy target and the biggest weak spot in the secondary. Rogers is the first I would put on the practice squad and activate someone this morning.

2 - Randle El - put his ass on the bench or on a bus... fair catch within the 15 yard line 3x and a blown catch, enough is enough. He dropped more balls than he caught...

3 - Jason Campbell - I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt with the line being decimated but after seeing him play and his decision making he does not even make a good second string quarterback. :ohwell: He is a safety's DREAM - when the ball is snapped and it is a pass play, he follows the primary receiver with his eyes/head and DOES NOT take them off of him. He does not check on the second or third read; if the first receiver is not there, he will run or stay and get sacked. What a chump.

What to do? Well, no future in Collins and Colt is too damn short and throws sidearm... how is he suppose to throw over the big defensive lineman? We have 3 dead weights in the QB position. There is a young guy on the practice squad Andre Woodson out of Kentucky, a Heisman trophy runner-up. Activate the kid and put him. Last week the QB change was definitely not a help, but then again if we put him in behind a weak offensive line he might get ruined. Maybe this guy is the future, but it definitely 'aint the three we have activated. :shrug:

4 - Ownership down to the coaching staff. I was amazed at the amount of people in the stands talking about how John Kent Cooke needs to be the one to own the team. I sat next to a guy from Philly - a great guy :yay: - and we got into a discussion of how the ownership has ruined the Redskins, his favorite rival.

Everyone was making jokes about the blown plays (offensive side) and it was the only highlight of the night - what else can you do but to simply laugh. :shrug: When Clinton would run the ball, or should I say when we knew he would run the ball which was very obvious :rolleyes:, people around us would yell "I 26" like at Bingo. :lmao:

To watch Zorn's reaction was nauseating. He has no fire in him... Whether this is a result of being castrated by ownership or his demeanor is unknown, but he is definitely NOT a motivator. Like Campbell, I tried to give him the benefit of the doubt but OMG, what a putz...

5 - The offense as a whole - piss poor showing, fumbles, missed snaps, dropped balls... It is amazing the amount of money these guys make to run and catch a ball and to only drop easy ones is a lack of focus. How can a player refocus? See #4...

What to do? Sell the team. New ownership wipe out the front office and replace the head coaching staff...

There was a few bright spots - Cooley had a great game until he broke his ankle, Thomas and Kelly caught some balls and looked like they had a bit more confidence. D-Line and Linebackers looked sharp. Oh, and the beer was cold; expensive, but cold. :yay:

Were you one of the fans singing B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-O.??

Clev, do they still run the crowd noise through the PA to make it sound louder? I'm convinced they were doing that the last game I was at, about two years ago.

:buddies:

Yes they do. It was REALLY noisey the first quarter and I did not notice it until the second quarter - it just reminded us to make noise instead of cracking jokes. :lol:

We need to put a Big Top for a roof on Fed-Ex because it makes for one hell of a circus this year filled with clowns. :roflmao:

Were you one of the fans singing B-I-N-G-O and Bingo was his name-O.??

:lmao: I heard none of that last night, more or less people putting letters in front of players jersey numbers for play calls.

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, how to get an owner to sell?

Stop buying his stuff, stop buying tickets. Cut the money off and Snottie will sell. His whole chi is money. If it's not there he'll go somewhere else.

Oh, and steal his parking place. :lol:

I fear now that the team isn't worth all that much, so he'd have to sell at a loss.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Cle-Brennan is on IR, we're only carrying two QBs w/ Antwan FairCatch as our #3.:yikes:

Rogers plays 10 yards off the line on EVERY snap. Need 3 yds for a first? Throw to #22's side of the field, wanna run a timing pattern? Do it on Rogers because he doesn't think he needs to chuck a receiver inside that 5 yard area. Definitely NEVER impressed with him. Landry is a bust. He only lays a shot after someone has slowed down the ball carrier and he has horrible tackling form. He should have been a matador.

Our best offensive player breaks an ankle and his #2 is still unfulfilled potential. Lord help the defense if Reed Doughty and/or Fletch go down.

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
That game was the saddest most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I didn't want to watch..because I knew how it would end. But I detest the eagles..so I got drawn in..like looking at roadkill. I was disgusted. The ball dropping, fumbles, and sacks...I don't even know what to say...just wow.

Otter

Nothing to see here
I'm still waiting on the firing, I figured it would be announced by now. Gruden's team next year; wonder who they will get for GM?

During yesterday's ESPN luncheon for fans and media, Gruden was asked more than once about the skins..and he said more than once "we" have to do a better job on the o line..not 'they'..'we'...you tell me he hasn't been in negotiations already with lil danny. :lol: With the exception of possibly Shannahan, I wouldn't want any of the ex-coaches to take the GM position, and god help snyder if goes the idiot route and hires a GM/Head Coach..

kom526

That game was the saddest most pathetic thing I have ever seen. I didn't want to watch..because I knew how it would end. But I detest the eagles..so I got drawn in..like looking at roadkill. I was disgusted. The ball dropping, fumbles, and sacks...I don't even know what to say...just wow.

Worse than the Chiefs game? That would be pretty hard.

Cle-Brennan is on IR, we're only carrying two QBs w/ Antwan FairCatch as our #3.:yikes:

Rogers plays 10 yards off the line on EVERY snap. Need 3 yds for a first? Throw to #22's side of the field, wanna run a timing pattern? Do it on Rogers because he doesn't think he needs to chuck a receiver inside that 5 yard area. Definitely NEVER impressed with him. Landry is a bust. He only lays a shot after someone has slowed down the ball carrier and he has horrible tackling form. He should have been a matador.

Our best offensive player breaks an ankle and his #2 is still unfulfilled potential. Lord help the defense if Reed Doughty and/or Fletch go down.

I just looked and forgot Colt Brennan was on IR... which is not a bad thing, we need to use him as clout for a trade - I just do not think he is NFL material.

To add, I really liked Fred Smoot. When he came back from Minnesota he was not as good... he plays like Carlos Rogers now, 10 yards off the ball. Once he is on a receiver he is much better than Carlos, but not nearly as physical like Horton or Doughty.

Pete

Repete
I watched the first half and the run up to the kick off. Gruden'Jaws showed film of Campbell in a pocket, yes a pocket, and still screwing up. First half he had decent protection most of the time, not great, not very good but adequate for a big time pro QB to work and he STILL cannot read and his accuracy sucks dogs balls.

He isn't work crap for a trade, has no contract after this year, so he is worthless. Can't play isn't worth anything in a trade. Given his preformance and lack of excuses I can't see anyone picking him up. Canada here he comes.

kom526

I'm still waiting on the firing, I figured it would be announced by now. Gruden's team next year; wonder who they will get for GM?

During yesterday's ESPN luncheon for fans and media, Gruden was asked more than once about the skins..and he said more than once "we" have to do a better job on the o line..not 'they'..'we'...you tell me he hasn't been in negotiations already with lil danny. :lol: With the exception of possibly Shannahan, I wouldn't want any of the ex-coaches to take the GM position, and god help snyder if goes the idiot route and hires a GM/Head Coach..

GMTA

Gruden's hit is his track record with QBs, BUT after some of the namby pamby feel good coaches we've had it would be nice to see someone with some fire in his belly scowling on the sidelines.

NOW for the dismissal of Vinny "Franchise Killer" Cerrato...

Everybody sing...

Hail to the Deadskins,
No victory.
We can’t score touchdowns,
We just take the three!
Run or pass and score, we need a lot more,
Portis doesn’t practice ‘cause his foot’s sore.
Gripe on, gripe on ‘til Vin-ny’s gone
Shame in Wash-ing-ton
Boo, Boo, Boo!
Hail to the Deadskins,
No victory.
Let’s grab Dan Snyder
Hang him from a tree!

:alkies:

kom526

Were there any flashes or glimmers of improved play last night? I'd like to have objective opinions please, but I know better :lol: I couldn't watch and was trying to keep up with the CrackBerry.

I know on 4th and 14 they went for it instead kicking the FG :doh: If you can't pickup a 3rd and 3...

Otter

Nothing to see here
Were there any flashes or glimmers of improved play last night? ..

I watched very little, I made up my mind 3 games ago that would not be any improvement in this team with the cast of characters they now have. I will be very surprised if there are 5 current players on this team in 2 yrs.

kom526

I watched very little, I made up my mind 3 games ago that would not be any improvement in this team with the cast of characters they now have. I will be very surprised if there are 5 current players on this team in 2 yrs.

Doughty
Albright
Cooley
Sellers
Suisham

This should be a poll.:lol:

Peter Forsberg

The Sun is shining

It might be raining in D.C. but the sun is out in Philly. Passion Baby Passion. I saw no passion in the Skins fans that were sitting infront of me that left in the middle of the 2nd quarter. I kinda feel for the Skins fans but this organization is in turmoil from top to bottom.

nachomama

All Up In Your Grill
GMTA

Gruden's hit is his track record with QBs, BUT after some of the namby pamby feel good coaches we've had it would be nice to see someone with some fire in his belly scowling on the sidelines.

NOW for the dismissal of Vinny "Franchise Killer" Cerrato...

Did you see the sign that someone had at the game last night that said something to the effect of "Time to Update Your Resume, Vinny". They said security confiscated the sign. :eyebrow:

Then I heard Albert Haynesworth's comments:Albert Haynesworth blasts teammates after latest loss - ESPN

"LANDOVER, Md. -- His voice low, his words sharp, Albert Haynesworth questioned teammates' desire after his Washington Redskins' 27-17 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles on Monday night.

"Urgency, heart, 'want-to,' whatever. I don't know. We're lacking a lot of stuff right now," the defensive tackle said.

For the second consecutive home game, thousands of spectators headed to the exits early.

"The fans are losing interest. The more games we play, the fewer fans come. It's getting bad," Haynesworth said.

The Redskins are 2-5 despite having opened the season with an NFL-record six consecutive games against winless teams. Washington's two wins were by a combined five points over teams that both are currently 0-7, Tampa Bay and St. Louis.

Asked if he delivered a postgame speech in the locker room, Haynesworth replied: "You can say but so much. You've got to actually 'want to.' So once we get to that point -- where we 'want to' do something -- then we'll do something. But if we just keep going our separate ways, then we'll just keep getting slaughtered like we have."