Relocating - Salary

Grumpy

Working in DC will easily add 2 hours to your workday as opposed to working near Pax. I worked in DC for 20 years. Typical commute for me was 1.5 hrs in morn, 2 hrs in evening..My house(mid Calvert) to Pax (within a mile of same commute distance to DC) is 45/50 minutes both ways. Wife worked on K St NW DC until 2 years ago, rode the Keller Bus, left home at 5am, got home at 545/600pm..long long day.

kristiy

Working in DC will easily add 2 hours to your workday as opposed to working near Pax. I worked in DC for 20 years. Typical commute for me was 1.5 hrs in morn, 2 hrs in evening..My house(mid Calvert) to Pax (within a mile of same commute distance to DC) is 45/50 minutes both ways. Wife worked on K St NW DC until 2 years ago, rode the Keller Bus, left home at 5am, got home at 545/600pm..long long day.
We will be living within 30 minutes drive from his work. We are to old to be sitting in a car that long. Lol His work is in Hollywood.

Clem72

not to be a debbie downer, but one income at 135k a year for 2 people isnt alot. thats like 2 people making 65k each.

Google says in 2019 "Maryland had the highest median household income in the US, with $95,572." That's household, not single person. Inflation has been bad this last year, but not so much that a single income of $135k/yr isn't well above average, and if Kristi does end up going to work they will be doing even better.

Not everyone needs a $1.5M house on the beach with a 5 car garage.

kristiy

Google says in 2019 "Maryland had the highest median household income in the US, with $95,572." That's household, not single person. Inflation has been bad this last year, but not so much that a single income of $135k/yr isn't well above average, and if Kristi does end up going to work they will be doing even better.

I think we will be ok. Being basically debt free allows us freedom. 😁

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB

Yet, here in the Beach, if you don't those that do label you "the wrong kind of people". That's not the only category in "wrong kind of people" but just one of several.

You wouldn't believe the competition over who has the highest property tax bill.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Yeah, no. There is no such separate legal entity as a property owner's association in Maryland.

CRE has a homeowners association run by a corporation named "PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION OF CHESAPEAKE RANCH ESTATES, INC". Feel free to lookup their articles of incorporation here "https://egov.maryland.gov/BusinessExpress/EntitySearch/Business" which will show you that it's an HOA.

You will also note that the "Maryland Homeowners Association Act" (https://www.hopb.co/maryland-homeowners-association-act-title-11b) only makes references to lot owners, never renters or non-property owners. So in Maryland an HOA would not gives such entities rights to vote unless it was specifically added to the contract.
Yeah. Sorry. When the Chesapeake Ranch Club was founded and created in 1962, it was as such a "Property Owner's Association". There were no houses/homes. There were only 'lots', and at the time, some great amenities. Therefore, and to this day, it is not, a Home Owner's Association, and never has been. To have a Home Owner's Association would have required a complete re-write of the by-laws and of the covenants and restrictions with a majority vote of the members of the lot owners of the Property Owner's Association to change it. This has never happened.

Clem72

If I may ...

Yeah. Sorry. When the Chesapeake Ranch Club was founded and created in 1962, it was as such a "Property Owner's Association". There were no houses/homes. There were only 'lots', and at the time, some great amenities. Therefore, and to this day, it is not, a Home Owner's Association, and never has been. To have a Home Owner's Association would have required a complete re-write of the by-laws and of the covenants and restrictions with a majority vote of the members of the lot owners of the Property Owner's Association to change it. This has never happened.

So you didn't read my links, just asserted some bullshit. Property Owner's Associations are not a thing (prove me wrong), you are referring to the Maryland HOA law, which actually doesn't say home owner in it, it only refers to lot owners.

Go ahead, find a link that supports your claim since you refuse to read mine. Others here will read it and know you are full of shet unless you provide your own proof.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
If I may ...

Sad really. That I, unintentionally, take up so much space, rent free, in your head, to cause you such angst. Lighten up.
Don't flatter yourself. You have no free rent in my head until I read some of your posts. Most of them I skim over and move on. I only responded because you quoted me.

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So you didn't read my links, just asserted some bullshit. Property Owner's Associations are not a thing (prove me wrong), you are referring to the Maryland HOA law, which actually doesn't say home owner in it, it only refers to lot owners.

Go ahead, find a link that supports your claim since you refuse to read mine. Others here will read it and know you are full of shet unless you provide your own proof.
I did read your link. The actual articles of incorporation are not downloadable and must be ordered from the State. In 1962 the Chesapeake Ranch Club was created. In 1979 the legal name became CHESAPEAKE RANCH CLUB CIVIC ASSOCIATION, INC, then in 1987, came the legal name CHESAPEAKE RANCH CLUB PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC., then in 1991, after a reorganization, bankruptcy, whatever, it's current legal name PROPERTY OWNER'S ASSOCIATION OF THE CHESAPEAKE RANCH ESTATES, INC..

From day one it has been a Property Owner's Association. If I had the original documents, I would show you. But they are are lost.

Here ya go if you want more info ...

Grumpy

If I may ...

I did read your link. The actual articles of incorporation are not downloadable and must be ordered from the State. In 1962 the Chesapeake Ranch Club was created. In 1979 the legal name became CHESAPEAKE RANCH CLUB CIVIC ASSOCIATION, INC, then in 1987, came the legal name CHESAPEAKE RANCH CLUB PROPERTY OWNERS ASSOCIATION, INC., then in 1991, after a reorganization, bankruptcy, whatever, it's current legal name PROPERTY OWNER'S ASSOCIATION OF THE CHESAPEAKE RANCH ESTATES, INC..

From day one it has been a Property Owner's Association. If I had the original documents, I would show you. But they are are lost.

Clem72

Hey retard, I didn't say they don't exist. I said they don't exist IN MARYLAND. Go ahead, find it. I showed you the laws governing HOAs in Maryland, find the same for POAs. You can't just create a legal vehicle from scratch, it has to be supported in law.

Crabcake42

Why would anyone move to the democratic communist state of MD its cold in the winter and people are still wearing mask because the democrats tell them to and the taxes in MD are horrible besides that come on up
Winters are getting warmer each year, don’t listen to this Curmudgeon

Crabcake42

If I may ...

That is 33% of their $135,000 income, $44550, divided by 12 to get an estimated maximum monthly mortgage payment of $3750.
huh, please tell me more ways to stretch my budget. I’ve had my eye on this bay liner but i end up shopping at dollar general at the end of the month for groceries, what gives?

Last edited: