Relocating - Salary

frequentflier

happy to be living
Do you know anything about living there? It sounds like a not so nice environment. Maybe only store the plane there.
Yes, there is a HOA though the cost is not astronomical. We still pay dues and contribute to the airport maintenance fund even though we only store the airplane there and use the airstrip. When my husband is not on travel, he helps with mowing and tree maintenance.
Personally, I would not choose to live there again though I know my husband misses having his plane on our property. We will likely live on a skypark again but not in CRE.
I don't know availability of hangar space at St Mary's airport. Nor CRE for that matter. There are a lot of pilots in this area and there is a very active EAA chapter.
If you and your husband want more information about local aviation, PM me and I will give you my husband's cell #. He knows a lot more about this than I do and will be happy to share anything he knows to help you out! If the weather's good, he may even offer a ride to see the area from above :lmao:

sunshine98

On the St. Mary's side, Town Creek and Esperanza Farms are older, but nice (very neighborly) neighborhoods with a mix of various types of single homes. Yes, they are in Lexington Park, but are not high crime. No HOAs either.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Thinking about it, you're probably right. But, like CRC, White Sands has that odd mix of nice houses/crummy houses and it seems like they are stacked on top of each other.

Many of the houses are small and way too close for my comfort! Some homes and yards are well maintained and some are $hitholes.

kristiy

Yes, there is a HOA though the cost is not astronomical. We still pay dues and contribute to the airport maintenance fund even though we only store the airplane there and use the airstrip. When my husband is not on travel, he helps with mowing and tree maintenance.
Personally, I would not choose to live there again though I know my husband misses having his plane on our property. We will likely live on a skypark again but not in CRE.
I don't know availability of hangar space at St Mary's airport. Nor CRE for that matter. There are a lot of pilots in this area and there is a very active EAA chapter.
If you and your husband want more information about local aviation, PM me and I will give you my husband's cell #. He knows a lot more about this than I do and will be happy to share anything he knows to help you out! If the weather's good, he may even offer a ride to see the area from above :lmao:
Thank you!! This is a wealth of information.

Sneakers

Just sneakin' around....
I think Capt. Pat's is closed for the season.
Everything I see says it's still open. Facebook has a specials board dated for today. However, there was this cryptic message:
Got a lot of work to do but this beautiful 28 ft will be our amazing seafood trailer
The Good Kind Seafood
See y’all in April :):):):):):)