Ronald Reagan

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Ken King
But you are painting the party on a minority and what you have been seeing are the extremists of the party.
I disagree. I think he's painting the party on the majority and it's just the minority that are taking exception. If all we ever see are the extremists of the party, there must be an awful lot of them.

And where are the "reasonable" Democrats to show what the party is "really" about? Answer: there aren't any because liberalism and extremism ARE what the Democrats are about. Okay, maybe a handful, like Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman, But notice how they get ostracized when they don't tow the party line? And I'm not talking about the DU - I'm talking about their fellow politicians and the liberal media. I'm talking about Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry and Hillary Clinton and Tom Daschle.

If it were truly the case that the DU folks are "extremists" and don't represent the party as a whole, then their picks wouldn't be elected to public office. The "reasonable" and "sensible" Democrats like you and Rraley would be choosing them.

Pull your head out of the sand - you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Kathleen Kennedy Townsend almost became our Governor here in Maryland because of this so-called "handful" of Democrat extremists.

Al Gore almost became our President because of this lunatic "fringe".

I rest my case.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Ooo, ooo, Reagan died, let's celebrate by bashing each other's political parties. :rubshandstogether:

Grow up people :rolleyes:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Dymphna
Ooo, ooo, Reagan died, let's celebrate by bashing each other's political parties.
Admit you're just mad because your party (I'm assuming you're a registered Democrat) is filled with nutballs and wackjobs.

Toxick

Splat
But you are painting the party on a minority and what you have been seeing are the extremists of the party.

You are right. I shouldn't have painted the entire party with such a wide brush. It was my disgust talking.

(Plus I often deliberately overgeneralize the left in the interest of pointing out to them the unfairness of their sweeping overgeneralizations of the right.)

Look at the majority of the liberal media that used to eat Reagan for lunch in their articles, they are showing due respect to this great man and leader. You won't find that respect out on the far left fringe, it just won't happen.

Well...

While, I agree that the media leans leftward, they know where their bread is buttered, and they understand when it's time to bite their tongues if they know the backlash will destroy them. They also showed respect for Nixon when he died - although the entire lot of them wanted to kick him in the balls.

Thus far, I have seen very little compassion displayed the the Party of Compassion.

Dymphna

Originally posted by vraiblonde
Admit you're just mad because your party (I'm assuming you're a registered Democrat) is filled with nutballs and wackjobs.
I'm annoyed that you and others got on a soapbox about how disrespectful Democrats are/will be toward Reagan but you have taken the opportunity to turn it into Democrat bashing. I think that is equally disrespectful.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
One more quick thing before I have to go to the grocery store:

Reagan Democrats. I never understood that. If you like Reagan so much, why not just become a Republican?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think that is equally disrespectful.
Uh huh. You think it's disrespectful for us to bash the people who are bashing a dead man. There's some logic for you. :bubble:

Toxick

Splat
I think that is equally disrespectful.

You do know what the word "equally" means, right?

You think that it's equally disrespectful to be disgusted and lash out at people saying the most vile things imaginable about someone who just suffered a very long painful death as it is to actually say these things?

'Sides - Soul4Sale said "stick to the issues". And that's the issue I'm sticking to.

Dymphna

Uh huh. You think it's disrespectful for us to bash the people who are bashing a dead man. There's some logic for you. :bubble:
:dur: I mean you are bashing the whole party, for the hell of it, because it's what you like to do. Using Reagan's death as an excuse is what is disrespectful. It's one thing to tell soul4sale that he's an effing moron but to say the democratic party is responsible for his being a moron and that the Democratic party is disrespectful is wrong and out of place.

I challenge you to find one Democratic elected official who has a bad word about Reagan over the next few days. They will all pay their respects, regardless of their political beliefs because that's what civilized people do. I'll grant you there are people in this country that are less than civilized, but you don't need to be one of them.

Dymphna

Originally posted by Toxick
You do know what the word "equally" means, right?

You think that it's equally disrespectful to be disgusted and lash out at people saying the most vile things imaginable about someone who just suffered a very long painful death as it is to actually say these things?

'Sides - Soul4Sale said "stick to the issues". And that's the issue I'm sticking to.
No, you and others attacked the democrats as a whole, not just one idiotic individual.

If you want to go on in detail about what a great man Reagan was and what wonderful things he did, go right ahead. But if you want to use his death to celebrate partisan politics and dance in the streets and waving to Republican party flag, you make me sick.

K

Kain99

But if you want to use his death to celebrate partisan politics and dance in the streets and waving to Republican party flag, you make me sick.
Strong words.... It is natural for us to grieve his loss. If you go back through the thread you'll see that no one was celebrating partisan politics until the mean guy made the nasty comments.

I am suprised at some of the reactions here. :frown:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I disagree. I think he's painting the party on the majority and it's just the minority that are taking exception. If all we ever see are the extremists of the party, there must be an awful lot of them.

And where are the "reasonable" Democrats to show what the party is "really" about? Answer: there aren't any because liberalism and extremism ARE what the Democrats are about. Okay, maybe a handful, like Zell Miller and Joe Lieberman, But notice how they get ostracized when they don't tow the party line? And I'm not talking about the DU - I'm talking about their fellow politicians and the liberal media. I'm talking about Ted Kennedy and Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry and Hillary Clinton and Tom Daschle.

If it were truly the case that the DU folks are "extremists" and don't represent the party as a whole, then their picks wouldn't be elected to public office. The "reasonable" and "sensible" Democrats like you and Rraley would be choosing them.

Pull your head out of the sand - you lie down with dogs, you wake up with fleas.
If you notice a later post by Toxic he says you are wrong. :moon: He agreed that it was the extremists that are making light of or cheering the loss of President Reagan, not the average Democrats or even the liberal media. That mouthy minority does not speak for the entire party just as the anti-abortion zealots that shoot and kill doctors do not represent the entire Republican Party (many of us are smart enough to realize things such as this). As to the other pundits I have seen statements from Kennedy, Kerry, and Daschle and they all show the due respect that Reagan deserved. I haven’t seen anything from Pelosi or Clinton but I expect the same.

If you would bother to notice the picks from the Democratic Party do not come from these extremists like what are found at the DU or Dean would be the guy getting ready to accept the nomination at the upcoming convention and not Kerry. They don’t speak for the mainstream, they follow with fanatical zeal what the rest of the party decides will be the choice.

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
Leave it to this board to make a politically divisive issue over the death of an ex-President. I liked Ronnie, there were several things about him I didn't agree with. But he had something no President has had since him, sincerity & class. You can't take that away no matter what you do.

Was he great? That may be debatable, he did give respect back to the office though, and respect back to this country. The true American dream, AND a Cubs fan & Illinois Boy!:cheers:

sifl

Originally posted by jlabsher
Leave it to this board to make a politically divisive issue over the death of an ex-President.
Why single out this board for your criticism? If you find a message board with an RR thread that hasn't been tainted by an RR bashing douche bag, link please.

ylexot

Super Genius
I haven’t seen anything from Pelosi or Clinton but I expect the same.
Statement from Clinton:
"Hillary and I will always remember President Ronald Reagan for the way he personified the indomitable optimism of the American people, and for keeping America at the forefront of the fight for freedom for people everywhere. It is fitting that a piece of the Berlin Wall adorns the Ronald Reagan Building in Washington."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by jlabsher
Leave it to this board to make a politically divisive issue over the death of an ex-President.
"Leave it to this board..."

"Leave it to THIS board..."

That's very amusing considering the ugliness and political "division" coming from the DEMOCRATIC Underground on this topic.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
If you notice a later post by Toxic he says you are wrong.
Then I disagree with him, too.

That mouthy minority does not speak for the entire party just as the anti-abortion zealots that shoot and kill doctors do not represent the entire Republican Party
Sir, you might have noticed that when some loony bombs an abortion clinic, they don't do it in the name of the Republican party. Typically, they do it in the name of "God". So comparing the DEMOCRATIC Underground to the RELIGIOUS zealots is just plain silly and beneath you.

As to the other pundits I have seen statements from Kennedy, Kerry, and Daschle and they all show the due respect that Reagan deserved. I haven’t seen anything from Pelosi or Clinton but I expect the same.
Of course they'll mouth diplomatic words - they're political animals and know which side the butter's on. One kind act does not make up for a life of sin.

Plus that, none of those people are fit to even speak the name of Reagan. The hypocrisy and grandstanding is overwhelming.