Ruby Tuesday closed? (California, MD)

Is Island Hideaway where DiGiovanni's used to be?

Yes. I found it to be hit/miss and pricey. First time I was there I got a pecan crusted rock fish... outstanding as were all the sides. On a subsequent visit I got the same and the fish was cold in the center and the sides were soggy.

And because it was pricey, I'm not tempted to go back and try again very often.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Saw this on Facebook from Terry Raley Commercial Real Estate about Leonardtown :

Today marked the annual State of the Town meeting for Leonardtown on the CSM campus. Since this is a commercial real estate Facebook post, I will stick with new businesses and changes. Dan Burris, the mayor of Leonardtown, spoke about several properties:

The Urban BBQ Restaurant located near Dunkin Donuts just closed it's doors. The good news is Smokey Joe's is a likely partner to take over the space. Smokey Joe's currently operates their restaurant off Route 235 next to Quality Moving and Storage.

Dos Amigos Restaurant in downtown Leonardtown is scheduled to open on April 2. They will occupy the old La Rive/Cafe Des Artistes space where Duke's Restaurant sign can still be seen on top of the building.

The Green Turtle Restaurant is looking for space in the Leonardtown area. Per Mayor Dan, they want a franchisee to partner with them. Dan was able to speak to the CEO directly to get the news.

Regarding another downtown location is the renovated retail space where the old Corner Critter's business was. I have been able to get information on the leasing possibilities, advantages and costs to prospective business owners.

spr1975wshs

Mostly settled in...
Ad Free Experience
Patron
^I hope Smoky Joe's is adding a second location.
I prefer their BBQ to Mission, but would not travel to Leonardtown from LP to get it.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Urban BBQ in Leonardtown closed up shop too. This doesn't bother me though, I never cared for their food. Still holding on to the dream that a decent italian restaurant will come to the area!
Don't hold your breath, I'm sure by now people have posted that we do have an Olive Garden.

Go to Annapolis, Osteria on the main drag.

tuffenuff2

Don't hold your breath, I'm sure by now people have posted that we do have an Olive Garden.

Go to Annapolis, Osteria on the main drag.

Thank you for the recommendation. Their menu looks delicious and we are looking forward to going soon.

FettZilla

Yes! Would like to have a Mamma Lucia Italian restaurant down here like they have in Pr. Frederick and Dunkirk.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Yes! Would like to have a Mamma Lucia Italian restaurant down here like they have in Pr. Frederick and Dunkirk.

Chain and "good" Italian don't go together.
Good Italian, "If you don't like what we have on the menu, ask, we have all the ingredients, we make it for you"
Not Italian, "Would you like breadsticks or salad", "no substitutions"

hrdcore

looks like it

looks like it. but am surprised that the local newspapers haven't put a story in as to why.
Guess it would require them to get off their Trump bashing

A friend and I were going to have dinner there last night, but there was a U-Haul out back, few cars in the parking lot, and signs on the door

Didn't slow down long enough to read what was on the signs. Is it closed permanently?

awpitt

Main Streeter
That place is on our short "must try" list.

You got to. GF and I go there about three time a month. Made some nice friends there among the staff. Really nice people. Service and food is good. It's nice to see a good place like that in the Lex Park area.

hrdcore

Was planning to go there the other day and was told then it was closed. I know the chain was having issues and it was being sold. But this was rather sudden with no warning. Most of my family wanted to know why and maybe a story from local news would be nice as to why. But then they have to get off their Trump bashing and get all the "assault guns" to take the time to research and write a story.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Was planning to go there the other day and was told then it was closed. I know the chain was having issues and it was being sold. But this was rather sudden with no warning. Most of my family wanted to know why and maybe a story from local news would be nice as to why. But then they have to get off their Trump bashing and get all the "assault guns" to take the time to research and write a story.

Why would the local news report of a restaurant closing?

MiddleGround

Is there SOME kind of restaurant that endures around here?
Just about every long-standing restaurant I know around here is gone or at the very least,
is under new management. The "new" stretch of restaurants with Olive Garden and
Red Robin are still there, but that's not been THAT long.

Asahi has endured. Bob Evans. IHOP.
The various Chinese buffet and carry outs.
(Except the awful one that was in Wildewood).
Nicoletti's.

I'm just amazed that some locations don't even seem to last a whole YEAR.

Bob Evans used to be Friendly's (as per a co-worker) while Ruby Tuesday's was still there so... apparently when compared they are relatively "new."

Clem72

Chain and "good" Italian don't go together.
Good Italian, "If you don't like what we have on the menu, ask, we have all the ingredients, we make it for you"
Not Italian, "Would you like breadsticks or salad", "no substitutions"

Last time I was in Rome I went to a semi-private restaurant (exceedingly hard to get in to). The woman who owns/cooks at the place has to meet you before you come in and decide if she will let you eat, even if you are a regular. You don't get to order, you just eat what she chooses to make.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Last time I was in Rome I went to a semi-private restaurant (exceedingly hard to get in to). The woman who owns/cooks at the place has to meet you before you come in and decide if she will let you eat, even if you are a regular. You don't get to order, you just eat what she chooses to make.

A bunch of us working out of Catania went to a place something like that. Has to rank up there with the most all-time awesome food experiences I've ever had. No menu. Older man comes out after we're all seated and with drinks in our hands and tells us with broken English that the food gonna start a come outa soon and notta worry; he know when to stop bringing more.