RV condundrum...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
It cannot be possible that you all have never seen the campground junk swaps. They have been at every campground I've ever stayed at, from Roanoke to Gettysburg to Hershey to Niagara Falls.

Hmmmmm.... I've stayed at 6 campgrounds so far (just got into it last year) haven't seen anything remotely close this.

Then again, what time frame was all this? I mean, if were talking 70's, 80's or something, I can see it :lmao:

I would think most campgrounds now adays would tell you you can't do that, or ask that you pack it up and leave....

bcp

In My Opinion
Sorry, these were resort campgrounds. I don't go anywhere that doesn't have internet access and excellent bathroom and showering amenities.

Dont know what to tell you then.
Ive never seen it, ever.
I have seen it advertised as an event, but you would pretty much know about it before hand and do like me and not go.

P.S.
I have internet access, cable tv with surround sound and my own bath and shower everywhere I go.

bcp

In My Opinion
Hmmmmm.... I've stayed at 6 campgrounds so far (just got into it last year) haven't seen anything remotely close this.

Then again, what time frame was all this? I mean, if were talking 70's, 80's or something, I can see it :lmao:

I would think most campgrounds now adays would tell you you can't do that, or ask that you pack it up and leave....

Ive pretty much been camping since the mid 80s, gone from tent, to small pop up, to bigger pop up, to bigger again pop up now the TT. Thousands of campgrounds.

Never seen it.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ask Larry if you don't believe me. In fact, his stepmom's sister and her husband were full-timers and she had one section of her trailer dedicated to making the crafts she sold at the campground swaps. This was only a few years ago.

I have a witness.

bcp

In My Opinion
Ask Larry if you don't believe me. In fact, his stepmom's sister and her husband were full-timers and she had one section of her trailer dedicated to making the crafts she sold at the campground swaps. This was only a few years ago.

I have a witness.

maybe there is some strange cult that follows each other around doing this or something.

But I can tell you that if a group started doing this at a campground, they would most likely be asked to stop or leave.

Be like gypsies or some crap.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But I can tell you that if a group started doing this at a campground, they would most likely be asked to stop or leave.

This must be why you like camping, because you're somewhat oblivious. :razz: There were notices at the camp office and around the grounds that Saturday/Sunday would be a swap meet and craft fair. So I'm assuming that it was with full permission of the campground.

I was kind of excited about it because I do love buying other peoples' junk. But then I saw that we're talking not about artisans, but about full-timers who have nothing better to do with their time than tat doilies and make sock puppets. Because, you know, they're so busy having fun camping and all.

:lol:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can assure you that Chasey does not spend one second of her cruise time crocheting toilet paper dolls or making paper flower arrangements.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
This must be why you like camping, because you're somewhat oblivious. :razz: There were notices at the camp office and around the grounds that Saturday/Sunday would be a swap meet and craft fair. So I'm assuming that it was with full permission of the campground.

I was kind of excited about it because I do love buying other peoples' junk. But then I saw that we're talking not about artisans, but about full-timers who have nothing better to do with their time than tat doilies and make sock puppets. Because, you know, they're so busy having fun camping and all.

:lol:

Then y'all must have been planning your camping trips around these events :lmao:

I have never seen a flyer, a sign, a gypsie, crafter, nothing :lol: And I'm still young, married yes, but the radar is always on alert for looking and noticing everything :lmao:

I can assure you that Chasey does not spend one second of her cruise time crocheting toilet paper dolls or making paper flower arrangements.
You have a point... Nomoney does camping not cruising and her boys spend their entire weekend peddling the "ladies slippers" and "pickle cozies" she makes.

Attachments

• pickle.jpg
    pickle.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 91
  • padslippers.jpg
    padslippers.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 88

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
You have a point... Nomoney does camping not cruising and her boys spend their entire weekend peddling the "ladies slippers" and "pickle cozies" she makes.

So those were her little tards that put the pickle cozies all over my site last month!!! Lil ####s!

They even put the slippers on my truck windows :frown:

I used to go camping. Only two reasons really. Get out of the house and to go be somewhere I liked. The places I tended to like had trout streams or unoccupied beaches you could drive on for miles, nice place to build a fire and watch the stars come out, ride dirt bikes/ atvs. Stuff like that. Sand dunes, desert, Mexican beaches or White Mts of AZ, but the point was never just to go camp. It was to get away and to a nice place I could never afford to live. Did tent, backpack and a bit of trailoring to get there. Too lazy now. Plus the places are no doubt just not the same. Way it goes.

bcp

In My Opinion
Wow, camping sure looks exciting! Fun for the whole family!

I bet those two boys are thinking,
Damn, why didnt mom and dad take us to new york were we could fight crowds and see a bunch of gay guys prancing around on a stage.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Not that I'd want to short circuited a pissing contest over whose idea of vacation is better but, all this tread was about was a given; going to go see and do and take motorcycles and the dog and how best to go about it. My own inclinations are that some RV combination is best for me. That doesn't stop me from thoroughly enjoying trips to NYC or Boston or even DC. It's just that those trips won't include the bike or the pup.

The only sort of vacation I can't get my head around is cruises and, as I mentioned, everyone I have talked to who has gone either loved it thoroughly or, at least had a really good time and are glad they did it.

In any event, it's been a great tread! :buddies: