RV condundrum...

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Some people will never understand the best pars about camping. That's probably a good thing for the rest of us. :popcorn:

True dat :cheers:

The wife wants to do a cruise, I've fought it for 5 years now, she LOVES going camping, so I may have to break down and do the cruise thing just so I can say - 'I've done it, now hook the camper up and lets roll!'

Since we started camping last year, we haven't been to a bad place yet, and everywhere we've been has been a blast!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Some people will never understand the best pars about camping. That's probably a good thing for the rest of us. :popcorn:

We almost always camp in fairly remote 'primitive' areas; hence the toy hauler is set up to be self-sufficient (propane, generator, water) for at least a full week. Might see or hear fellow campers on occassion but never shoulder-to-shoulder camping with them.

Thre are always exceptions, of course; sometimes we'll be attending a larger 'event' and more people get packed in to smaller area. But in those cases, we already know most of them.

bcp

In My Opinion
I can't view it on NMCI..

Either way, you'd have to talk to momma, she books the trips, I just drive and go with the flow :cool:

Just picture sailing in an over crowded shopping mall with long lines for almost everything but no way to escape until you get to a port and make a break for it.

But, the shopping mall atmosphere could be what I suppose draws the womens to it.

bcp

In My Opinion
Any of those cruise ships have onboard shopping that closely resembles a Cabelas or Bass Pro Shop?

I would not have a clue, as far as the lines, just look at that video and you cant help but notice the lines and the packed like sardines.
I honestly would get off at the first stop and find a flight back home.

But, evidently there are plenty that do enjoy that type of environment. Just not me.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
just look at that video and you cant help but notice the lines and the packed like sardines.

But, evidently there are plenty that do enjoy that type of environment. Just not me.

campgrounds usually fill all the way into their overflow spaces.

So tell me, how exactly does a campground offer peace and solitude when they are full to capacity and beyond?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Are you allowed to bring your own fishing pole on a cruise and do a little trolling between ports?

ginwoman

Just picture sailing in an over crowded shopping mall with long lines for almost everything but no way to escape until you get to a port and make a break for it.

But, the shopping mall atmosphere could be what I suppose draws the womens to it.

skrew that.....it doesn't draw this wimman.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
Are you allowed to bring your own fishing pole on a cruise and do a little trolling between ports?
I'm not sure if you're allowed to bring a fishing pole. Good question. My guess is probably not, and definitely not to troll between ports. :lol:

bcp

In My Opinion
So tell me, how exactly does a campground offer peace and solitude when they are full to capacity and beyond?

most of the time the sites are at least 60ft x 30ft. that would be 1800 sq ft that is off limits to anyone other than those on your site.
now show me where on that boat you get 1800 sq ft of space that is not totally crowded?
Places like Beth Page are a bit different, when they are full packed it is not enjoyable to camp there.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life
most of the time the sites are at least 60ft x 30ft. that would be 1800 sq ft that is off limits to anyone other than those on your site.
now show me where on that boat you get 1800 sq ft of space that is not totally crowded?
Places like Beth Page are a bit different, when they are full packed it is not enjoyable to camp there.

Off limits (other than illegals stealing your power), and "peace and solitude" are not entirely the same. I can have a private area w/out looking at or hearing another person and I don't have to be in my cabin.

If you are on your camp site, what is surrounding you? What can you hear? What do you look at? I'm picturing kids laughing, music playing, games being played, smells from smoking, BBQs, and a bunch of other outside nuisances.

I'm an outdoors person but I don't want to be surrounded by all of this if I don't have to. Cruise ships offer adult only areas. Can you find this at a camp ground? If so, what is the area like?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Now tell the whole story. 1800 sq feet, of which the camper itself takes up....how much? So that leaves you with a little tiny strip outside, which is also a community area with kids, pets, etc, traipsing through unless you want to be the mean uncamper friendly guy who tells them to get lost or at least quiet down.

You enjoy camping, and that's fine. But now you're getting carried away polishing the turd.