RV condundrum...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well really. People like different vacations and leisure activities, and to each their own. But to pretend that you have big privacy in a trailer surrounded by a zillion other people is ridiculous.

Camping is for people who are no longer sexually active because you have no - zero - privacy. So if you're the type of person who likes to relax on vacation and reconnect romantically with your mate, you can forget it unless you want to put on a show for everyone in the campground.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Hey Larry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Have you made a decision on what to buy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:

"And how many years have I been talking about an RV? And how many have I bought? "

So move along and stop interrupting the conversation. :smack:

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Well really. People like different vacations and leisure activities, and to each their own. But to pretend that you have big privacy in a trailer surrounded by a zillion other people is ridiculous.

Camping is for people who are no longer sexually active because you have no - zero - privacy. So if you're the type of person who likes to relax on vacation and reconnect romantically with your mate, you can forget it unless you want to put on a show for everyone in the campground.

Yeah, cause the walls on a cruise ship are sound proof :razz:

bcp

In My Opinion
Now tell the whole story. 1800 sq feet, of which the camper itself takes up....how much? So that leaves you with a little tiny strip outside, which is also a community area with kids, pets, etc, traipsing through unless you want to be the mean uncamper friendly guy who tells them to get lost or at least quiet down.

You enjoy camping, and that's fine. But now you're getting carried away polishing the turd.

my camper takes up 420 sq ft. The majority of people do stay off other peoples sites.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Ooh, I just thought of something else:

Every - and I mean every - campground I've ever been to, there's some weird swap meet and junk shop going on with people's crap all outside, selling loomed potholders and crocheted toilet paper covers. It's creepy and I'll take the shops of Cozumel any day.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid

Every - and I mean every - campground I've ever been to, there's some weird swap meet and junk shop going on with people's crap all outside, selling loomed potholders and crocheted toilet paper covers. It's creepy and I'll take the shops of Cozumel any day.

:confused: Where in the hell did you camp? Mexico border or something?

bcp

In My Opinion

actually, I have never seen this.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
most of the time the sites are at least 60ft x 30ft. e.

At least?...my goodness. Our 'usual spot' at the Cove (where we wheel and fish/canoe/swim) is up on a ridge line and about 500ft x 200ft of cleared area and maybe a 1/2 acre wooded. It's only about a 1/4 mile from the bath house so we don't have to use the camper water supply all the time...

That is the camping I'm talking about..:razz:

bcp

In My Opinion
At least?...my goodness. Our 'usual spot' at the Cove (where we wheel and fish/canoe/swim) is up on a ridge line and about 500ft x 200ft of cleared area and maybe a 1/2 acre wooded. It's only about a 1/4 mile from the bath house so we don't have to use the camper water supply all the time...

That is the camping I'm talking about..:razz:

I would still use my camper shower, the thought of the last guy in the shower stroking chucky while thinking about the 16 year old in the bikini just causes issues in my mind. Certain things I dont want splashing up on me.

bcp

In My Opinion
It cannot be possible that you all have never seen the campground junk swaps. They have been at every campground I've ever stayed at, from Roanoke to Gettysburg to Hershey to Niagara Falls.

Sorry, never have.

Perhaps thats why you dont like camping, you stay at the econo camps with the homeless and migrants?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Sorry, never have.

Perhaps thats why you dont like camping, you stay at the econo camps with the homeless and migrants?

Sorry, these were resort campgrounds. I don't go anywhere that doesn't have internet access and excellent bathroom and showering amenities.