???'s about buying a Camper...

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Currently have a balcony booked for my next cruise. Will I get a chocolate on my pillow AND a towel animal? :biggrin:

Prolly not.

I let BG do all the planning, SHE ROCKS when it comes to extras and getting treated special.

I think the last cruise they would have wiped my ass if I had asked them to.

The private dining room made the extra cost worth it to me, don't even have to mention the other amenities..

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
Cruises are better than campers...:duh:

Your afraid of bugs aren't you :lol:

That's a LOT of hotel rooms.. where they come in and clean your room, make your bed.. air conditioning, indoor pools.. free breakfast.. no dishes to clean..

Etc.. etc..

That is true..but what better way to teach the kids how to clean up than let them have fun all day and give um chores at night :lmao:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Only if they look weird. Camping just isn't my thing. Unless it involves a beach, a bikini, and a pina colada. :biggrin:

We talked to a couple on our cruise that put a bid on one of the "owners suites". The cruise offered them a HUGE discount on the room, and they counter offered that they would take the room at the same price as a penthouse (a step up from the balcony).

The cruise line accepted, and they were living HIGH on the Hog. They had an apartment, complete with living room, bar, 2 bedrooms and a sitting room, a private Atrium/ sun room..

Now if this story is true of not, i don't know, but this is the story they told us. Basically a $5 - 8,000 room for about $1200 on a 13 day cruise.

Elle

Happy Camper!
That's a LOT of hotel rooms.. where they come in and clean your room, make your bed.. air conditioning, indoor pools.. free breakfast.. no dishes to clean..

Etc.. etc..

But who else has used that bed and dishes before you :bedbugs:

yankee44

Etc.. etc..

Yeah, but i would like to see how much you would pay for that hotel room if you built a camp fire in the hallway. :killingme

Bobby7153

The dealer will set-up the torsion bars and hitch for you. It is important to get them set right so the trailer doesn't sway.

Softballkid

No Longer the Kid
The dealer will set-up the torsion bars and hitch for you. It is important to get them set right so the trailer doesn't sway.

I can get a class IV hitch for my truck on stylinconcepts.com for like 189.00, free shipping :shrug:

Then, I would just need them to show me how to set up the torsion bars :yay:

Miker/t

I can get a class IV hitch for my truck on stylinconcepts.com for like 189.00, free shipping :shrug:

Then, I would just need them to show me how to set up the torsion bars :yay:

That would be for just the receiver. Add to that an adjustable hitch bar, weight distributing ball mount, weight distributing bars, sway control etc and you'll be $500 or so higher than that.

Here is a link to the set-up procedures at Trailer Life magazine's forum: Trailer Life Magazine Open Roads Forum: Towing: Travel Trailer Hitch Set-up Procedure

Mike

Normally, if it is under so many thousand you can only finance for 10 years (say under 25K) Over that amount you can finance for 15 or 20 years.

There are plenty of UltraLight campers out there you can safely tow with a 1/2 ton pickup. When you get to about 80% of the towing capacity you need to pay attention to loading of the camper and the truck.

One advantage of the 3/4 ton and higher to the 1/2 ton is the 1/2 ton has coil springs, the 3/4 and higher has leaf springs. The coil spring rears will allow for movement side to side, as well as regular up and down movement (suspension) - this side to side movement with the up and down movement will feel like a circular movement. It is amplified by incorrect loading and can make you grip the wheel a bit tighter. :lol:

If you stay within a safe percentage of your vehicles capacity (I would say 75% and lower) you will be fine. :yay:

bcp

In My Opinion

Etc.. etc..

Yeah, but i would like to see how much you would pay for that hotel room if you built a camp fire in the hallway. :killingme
lets not forget the lazy maid that didnt change the pillow case the night before that was used to prop the fat ladies ass up while the non showered drunk guy humped her while teabagging the pillow..

I take the camper please.

bcp

In My Opinion
thats not fair,
if you dont mind sleeping with your head laying on some strangers dried up love juices, that is certainly your choice.

tyky

eieio
lets not forget the lazy maid that didnt change the pillow case the night before that was used to prop the fat ladies ass up while the non showered drunk guy humped her while teabagging the pillow..

I take the camper please.

thank you for reminding me why I bought a camper :huggy: