???'s about buying a Camper...

poster

I was told that normally when you buy a new camper, you can finance for 15yrs.. Is this true on all campers, or is this only when you get to a certain price.. or what is the deal..?

Also, if I'm going to keep my F150, and my "safe" towing weight is like 7700-8k lbs, around about what should I look for as a weight on the camper, I dont want to max out my tow load incase I gotta get on up a hill in a hurry or something, but I dont want some 15ft camper either, and of course everything we are looking at is around 7-8k lbs.

Do not tow with a 150, you will destroy it. Need a 250 minimum.

Elle

Happy Camper!
The hard part is, I can get it loaded to the gills with EVERYTHING we want from rvdirect for like 22k and some change(actual retail was over 32k), and on the site, it says that all warranty work can be done at any authorized Rockwood dealer.

Economy is an authorized dealer, but someone I work tried to get them to work on theirs that they bought in Joppa, and Economy told them 'NO' because he didn't buy it from them.

The catch is that it can be performed at any authorized Rockwood dealer that is actually willing to do the work - Economy is not one to work on anything they didn't sell you so to us that was the kicker. I'd take your quote in there and see how much they'll work with you - Keep in mind they won't match the $22K price but how many 2 hour or more each way trips will it take for you to make up that price difference should you ever need warranty work.

Plus when you buy from over the internet you can’t see the actual unit you are purchasing ahead of time – when we bought ours Economy had 2 on the lot – we were shown the other one and hubby just noticed a couple of the seems had excess calking and the outside shower door did not shut flush – all just cosmetic things but it was nice to say hey, we want that one instead – Deal!