Salon in Solomons

estee_shaun

Have to comment on punja and margaritaville, joey and vrail. Don't worry Cali, they probably all are staff members at TE. Thats the way they roll. Stick with the people who really know how to do hair. Just like restaurants you get what you pay for. You aren't going to find filet on the dollar menu at mcdonalds. I think the fact they have not put up a permanent sign is a bit of a message right there.

Nasty Nasty, I think people are hitting below the belt. not nice at all. We shouldn't trash talk other peoples dreams even if we have had bad experiences with them (owning that salon could be her dream, and you people are stomping on it). That could me mistaken for Slander on her business........ Be careful what you say people.........We don't want to hurt anyones feelings.

bluewater

Not trying to hurt her feelings, she just needs to pay attention to her business. My sister went to Laurie until the owner ran her off and she had the best person for nails in Theresa and she ran her off too. If you are running off your best people, your business has a tough time and when you occasionally mistreat clients or badmouth other staff members to clients, clients remember that. They come there to relax and be spoiled, not to hear the latest drama!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I'm pretty burned out on all of the local salons. If it's not a bad cut, it's drama. If it's not drama, it's trying to keep track of your favorite hair dresser. The turnover in local salons is enourmous. I swear, it must be a local thing, because no matter what salon I've ever been to around here, there's a problem.

I'm gonna' start getting my hair done in Annapolis.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm pretty burned out on all of the local salons. If it's not a bad cut, it's drama. If it's not drama, it's trying to keep track of your favorite hair dresser. The turnover in local salons is enourmous. I swear, it must be a local thing, because no matter what salon I've ever been to around here, there's a problem.

I couldn't care less about the salon - I'm into the stylist. Been going to Josie for years, no matter where she is. This last time she was double-booked so they pawned me off on Rachel, who did a great job as well.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I couldn't care less about the salon - I'm into the stylist. Been going to Josie for years, no matter where she is. This last time she was double-booked so they pawned me off on Rachel, who did a great job as well.

But you have to be able to keep track of your stylist when she leaves one salon for another. The salon that she leaves won't tell you where she went because they either don't know, or don't want to lose a client. You pretty much have to be able to contact the stylist on her personal phone if you want to follow her, and I don't know too many people who have their stylists personal phone number.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

Before you drive up there, I'd recommend Scalped in Prince Frederick. Been going since it opened down here (used to be in Upper Marlboro for years).

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Have to comment on punja and margaritaville, joey and vrail. Don't worry Cali, they probably all are staff members at TE. Thats the way they roll. Stick with the people who really know how to do hair. Just like restaurants you get what you pay for. You aren't going to find filet on the dollar menu at mcdonalds. I think the fact they have not put up a permanent sign is a bit of a message right there.

Ummm...I know vrai personally. She doesn't work in a salon. :lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
But you have to be able to keep track of your stylist when she leaves one salon for another. The salon that she leaves won't tell you where she went because they either don't know, or don't want to lose a client. You pretty much have to be able to contact the stylist on her personal phone if you want to follow her, and I don't know too many people who have their stylists personal phone number.

I do.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Before you drive up there, I'd recommend Scalped in Prince Frederick. Been going since it opened down here (used to be in Upper Marlboro for years).

I might have to give them a shot. That's a bit closer than Annapolis, and maybe just far enough north to get away from the drama.

bluewater

Been going to Beverly at Bella for four years, and saw her before that at Hair Solomons, have always kept in touch with her. Many salons will not tell you where people go, some will some will not. It does not help any salon by being mean and vindictive about people who leave. I used to live in Annapolis many years ago and all of the salons up there have the same exact problem. Robert Andrews, David Alexander, etc, etc. Its a cultural thing I guess. Anyway, love Beverly and she just bought Bella and takes over May 1, so I know where she will be for many years to come. She is the best!!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Been going to Beverly at Bella for four years, and saw her before that at Hair Solomons, have always kept in touch with her. Many salons will not tell you where people go, some will some will not. It does not help any salon by being mean and vindictive about people who leave. I used to live in Annapolis many years ago and all of the salons up there have the same exact problem. Robert Andrews, David Alexander, etc, etc. Its a cultural thing I guess. Anyway, love Beverly and she just bought Bella and takes over May 1, so I know where she will be for many years to come. She is the best!!

Really? Maybe she'll clean the place up.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Yeah. I heard she went back into it, but I got tired of following her from salon to salon. The I heard she got out of it again. Who knows :shrug:

She was for awhile, cannot say for sure now. I ran into her unexpectedly getting the Chicklet's hair trimmed.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
I might have to give them a shot. That's a bit closer than Annapolis, and maybe just far enough north to get away from the drama.

Give Dottie a try (or Margaret, the owner). All of them are good. They have some new younger girls but the core group has been together for a long time. They really love to make you feel special.

betty99

If you want to stay in Solomons, I love Julias. Peaceful, talented staff and I've never seen drama in there. I love, love, love Julias in Solomons.

bluewater

Clean it up? Every time I have been in there, its been really nice. Awesome shampoo girls who give a long relaxing shampoo, great hair cut and highlights with Beverly and I can even have a glass of wine if I want after a long hard day at work. They also have an amazing massage therapist. Not sure what you are comparing it to? You sound like a bitter person who is really hard to please. Maybe you should just cut your own hair with a flowbee, that way you will be happy and content with no drama except your own.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Clean it up? Every time I have been in there, its been really nice. Awesome shampoo girls who give a long relaxing shampoo, great hair cut and highlights with Beverly and I can even have a glass of wine if I want after a long hard day at work. They also have an amazing massage therapist. Not sure what you are comparing it to? You sound like a bitter person who is really hard to please. Maybe you should just cut your own hair with a flowbee, that way you will be happy and content with no drama except your own.

Okay.