Savage Rifle

goodoleboy

huntr1 said:
I REFUSE to purchase firearms, ammunition or hunting gear at KMart. In fact, I really, really dislike going in the store at all, and have only been in a Kmart 3 or 4 times in the last 5 or 6 years. Kmart can thank Rosie and their kowtowing to the gun grabbers for my lack of patronage.

Please elaborate...I'd like to know the background. Is this because they stopped selling handguns?

goodoleboy said:
Why would you want to inflict Walmart on anyone?

I'd much rather buy from a GUN SHOP than save $10 by going to Walmart. Getting someone to help you is like pulling teeth. Can you take anything a clerkboy at Walmart says as credible? As far as Dick's and Fred's - the amount you save in gas by buying local is more than you'll save going up to Waldorf.

If you don't like The Tackle Box - try D's Sporting Goods in Callaway or Southern Maryland Firearms on St. Andrew's Church.
I was just stating some options for the original poster.
Waldorf IS local. The world does not end at the St. Mary's county line.
I too prefer to buy from local stores than chain stores. Yes, I know Dick's is a chain store. Freds is a local store. Never been to D's or Southern MD Firearms, so I can't recommend them. However, if you read the entire thread, you will see that SoMD Firearms was recommended by a number of people.