Schools Ban 'Human Target' Games

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Coming from the same people who don't think schools should do a thing about bullying because it's "part of life". If I had a kid and he was bullied and came home beaten up and injured and I found out the school did nothing about it, you can bet your ass I'd raise hell.

If you want to "toughen up" your kids the "hard knocks" way, do it on your own time.

:rolleyes: Really?

The "playgrounds" and the "sandboxes" of life are the perfect places to learn about the hard knocks of life and how to toughen up. No matter where they're located. :shrug:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I don't have an opinion on the dodgeball thing. I don't really care. I just find it strange that some of the same people who are butthurt over this are the same people who think bullying is acceptable. Sorry, but some of you guys haven't been in the public schools in the last half-century. Bullying isn't when some kid teases another kid. It starts with very harmful rumors and ends when four boys, insecure in the size of their penis, walk up to the 4'7" freshman kid and beat the #### out of them. Welcome to the modern world.

That's not bullying that's assault, and the cops should be called.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
:rolleyes: Really?

The "playgrounds" and the "sandboxes" of life are the perfect places to learn about the hard knocks of life and how to toughen up. No matter where they're located. :shrug:

So, the schools shouldn't step in? If they should, when do they step in?

Like I said in the post you replied to, if I had a child and my child was physically harmed in a public school and they willfully allowed it to happen, I'd raise holy hell.

The fact is, for years, our schools have allowed the "bullying" to happen. And the schools don't do a thing about until the person who's being bullied fights back. They don't view the provocation or the initial assault (again, that's what "bullying" has evolved in to now) as a problem - they view the response (defense) as the problem.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
As for "cyberbullying" (and I hate that term), what these kids are doing is already against the law. If an adult went on Facebook or Twitter and did the same thing, they'd be criminally liable. Why should kids be taught that slander and libel over the internet is acceptable?

Then there's the nonsense where adults, mothers of schoolchildren, get on the keyboards with malicious intent and harass, stalk and engage in slander against school children.

"Cyberbullying" laws are stupid - they need to enforce the laws that already exist.

Hank

my war
It starts with very harmful rumors and ends when four boys, insecure in the size of their penis, walk up to the 4'7" freshman kid and beat the #### out of them. Welcome to the modern world.

Dude... sorry you had to go through that. I used to stand up for kids like you back in school. :buddies: