Senate Majority Leader Trent Lott Shows True Segregationist Colors

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by vraiblonde
Well. I'm not appeased. Although Larry and I did have good fun with Mr. Lott's little song and dance.

As to his BET appearance next week - :roflmao:

Yea, I thought it was nice of him.. I mean, after all these years of his racist thoughts, he is going to give a couple of blacks an HOUR of his time.. Talk about a bunch of political BS.. I was just rolling while I watched his little conference because we could predict exactly what he was going to say next. What a trip.. Right up there with Clinton going on the air, and with the most sincere and agonizing voice say "I did not have sexual relations with that woman"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
SmallTown, that's EXACTLY what he reminded me of, too. It's like he took lessons or something. Same accent and everything. :twitch:

Anyway, I sent a letter to my Representative, the Honorable Roscoe Bartlett (a good Republican man), and told him how disappointed I am with Lott's comments. I also told him that this wasn't the Republican party I signed on for and that I was re-examining my party options. Not that he'll care but it made me feel better.

Biscuit

Livin' Large
Re: The Power of Persuasion

Originally posted by penncam
:rolleyes: Biscuit, .... Slick Willie, would do much for them. Perhaps it is because they are of a different persuasion. I will leave it at that.

penn

Penn, I guess we could say its all "Behind" them!:biggrin:Behind

MGKrebs

endangered species
Re: Re: The Power of Persuasion

Originally posted by Biscuit
Penn, I guess we could say its all "Behind" them!:biggrin:Behind

Typical for a repuke. No facts, no research. Innuendo, and about ancient history no less.

Oh wait, i'm supposed to be hassling libs and democrats.

Sorry biscuit.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Taking the moral high ground is getting very difficult for me. Between DemsforMD and Al Whore's scumbaggery, I REALLY hate to go against my own. Especially when the Dems aren't even adult enough to be ashamed of keeping their own immoral ####### ####### in office for 8 years. But you watch those scuzzballs jump all over Lott!

I'm just breathing and remembering that I'm not them. If they want to be ####### ########, that doesn't mean I have to be. But I'm starting to think that maybe you're right, Kyle.

Biscuit

Livin' Large
Re: Re: Re: The Power of Persuasion

Originally posted by MGKrebs
Innuendo, and about ancient history no less.

Sorry MG, But they Lost .... Losers would have had to have won inorder for there to be anything NEW that they would have done wrong to pick on! I guess i could say the sound whipping Gore took in the poles was something. But i guess it is just pathetic. He didn't have to go away crying, He just had to go away!

pilot

Anyway, I sent a letter to my Representative, the Honorable Roscoe Bartlett (a good Republican man), and told him how disappointed I am with Lott's comments. I also told him that this wasn't the Republican party I signed on for and that I was re-examining my party options. Not that he'll care but it made me feel better.

Good for you! Let's not forget that the Republican party was the party that produced Lincoln. I'd like to keep it that way.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Okay, I'm feeling better now. My previous outburst was brought on by seeing Al Gore on TV last night talking about how BAD Trent Lott is. I'm like, "Oh yeah - look who's talking!" That sort of thing burns me up - people who point a finger at someone else when they were just as bad, if not worse.

And I have to reluctantly hand it to Tom Daschle.
"There are a lot of times when he and I go to the microphone and would like to say things we meant to say differently, and I'm sure this was one of those cases for him, as well," Daschle said.

Well! Knock me over with a feather! At least some Democrats have integrity, although I would have never suspected it would be Tom Daschle. Anyway, I don't care - I STILL want Lott out of there.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
And I have to reluctantly hand it to Tom Daschle.
"There are a lot of times when he and I go to the microphone and would like to say things we meant to say differently, and I'm sure this was one of those cases for him, as well," Daschle said.

Well! Knock me over with a feather! At least some Democrats have integrity, although I would have never suspected it would be Tom Daschle. Anyway, I don't care - I STILL want Lott out of there.

:cheers: Yeah vrai, I was really surprised to hear Sen. Daschle stand up and offer his thoughts. Seemed so completely out of character for him. What was he thinking? I also believe he took some serious heat from his peers and the Democratic Black Caucus for doing that.
Afterall, the sore losers weren't very successful
explaining their defeat, and haven't been able to damage the credbility of the Bush Administration too well. Perhaps it was a momentary lapse in bad judgement on his part.

penn

MGKrebs

endangered species
Yeah!

And Dashole shouldn't be speaking at all. He's supposed to be the leader of their party? Hah! He can't criticize Mr. Lott because he would be a hypocrite, so he has to rationalize it. Spineless twit. Even Klintoon would be able to find a way to sound nice but stab him in the back anyway.

Those losers won't get anywhere until they find another slimeball as sleazy as slick willie, but we'll be ready for them this time, right penn?

:wink:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Yeah!

And Dashole shouldn't be speaking at all. He's supposed to be the leader of their party? Hah! He can't criticize Mr. Lott because he would be a hypocrite, so he has to rationalize it. Spineless twit. Even Klintoon would be able to find a way to sound nice but stab him in the back anyway.

Those losers won't get anywhere until they find another slimeball as sleazy as slick willie, but we'll be ready for them this time, right penn?

:wink:
:cool: My first reaction was that I have to disagree on the grounds that it is because he is the current leader of the Dems party that he felt he should speak up. I do, however, agree with your assessment that no one is in the same category with Slick Willie who does, have the ability to "sound nice, but still still stab you in the back anyway", in fact, Hillary has it too. I kinda wonder - who taught whom?

penn

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Maynard :biteme:

I'm just not used to Democrats being anything other than sore losers who make hay out of the most inocuous things Republicans do while ignoring their own bad behavior.
:razz:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Got Game?

Maynard :biteme:

I'm just not used to Democrats being anything other than sore losers who make hay out of the most inocuous things Republicans do while ignoring their own bad behavior.
:razz:

Vrai, the more thought I give it, the more it occurs to me it's just one big game! Like I said, the Dems haven't been able to find a big enough chink in the Bush Administration, and they're HUNGRY for somethin' to harp on. Like,
"See! I told you so!" No wonder they can't seem to get anything done in Congress, they're so busy trading jabs, looking for openings, it's kinda miraculous anything gets accomplished. It just makes me want to turn it all off for a while.
For their part, the Repubs are so angered at their inability to push their agenda thru Congress, it's almost as though they're acting in a revenge-type mode.

penn

MGKrebs

endangered species
So I woke up to a friend shaking me by the shoulders. He had been trying to reach me for two days; I wasn’t answering the phone or anything. So he came over. From outside the back door he could see me slumped over the keyboard. He had to kick in the door, but he got to me and saw...

... A giant version of Sharon’s avatar swirling around on my screen.

He said I wouldn’t snap out of it. So he put two and two together and got to work. Despite the fact that he is a PC guy, he was able to use my Mac and Photoshop to reverse the swirling of the Avatar. He poured some coffee down my throat and propped my head up so I had to stare at the screen.

About an hour later, I asked for a cigarette, so he knew I was going to make it. Just a few more minutes and I might have been gone forever!

I’m sure the past 24 hours were horrible, but fortunately I can’t remember most of it. At first, I just couldn’t leave the computer. But as the hours ticked by, I had less and less awareness of my surroundings and actions. There are empy cigarette packs all over the place, and spilled bourbon and coffee.

There are also hundreds of pages of printouts on various subjects that seem to have little connection; definitions of obscure words, excerpts from Esquire and Maxim and hip-hop sites on how to be cool. Nuclear proliferation statistics, bomb shelter plans, and French history for God’s sake!

Anyway, you will be happy to know that I am back to normal. I have fixed the door, pitched all the paper, and cleaned up a little. After some experimenting, I made some special glasses that have yellow and red lenses that seem to minimize the effect of the offending avatar. So much for being “cool’ though.

:smile:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Candidly Speaking

Anyway, you will be happy to know that I am back to normal. I have fixed the door, pitched all the paper, and cleaned up a little. After some experimenting, I made some special glasses that have yellow and red lenses that seem to minimize the effect of the offending avatar. So much for being “cool’ though.

:smile:

Well, like I said, it's all relative. As long as you think you've found yourself out from under the ashes, and risen again like the Phoenix, well I suppose that's a good sign.
Did you hear the N. Koreans are DEMANDING a formal apology for stopping their ship? The State Dept basically blew them off.
Have you read the Book of Revelations? Are we getting there yet?

penn

MGKrebs

endangered species
North Korea

Hopefully this is just posturing, a way for them to save face. But the next step might be critical. Do we continue to isolate them, or try to cool things down?

Does deterrence work? Or would they nuke us if they could? Should we just crush them now? Or wait until we blast Iraq and Iran first? NK is supposedly further along in their nuke program than the others, but there is the China issue to be considered. And they don't have any oil.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Re: Candidly Speaking

Originally posted by bknarw
We're getting closer every day.

:frown: My thought too. What with the current news about N. Korea resuming nuclear plant operations, Iran going forward with theirs; Iraq is NOT doing anything in the background, right? Uh Huh!! Things seem to be heading in a direction that I'm not at all sure we need to be going. Then again, maybe it's fate. Got a better scenario?
penn

bknarw

Attire Monitor
Re: Re: Candidly Speaking

Originally posted by penncam
:frown: My thought too. What with the current news about N. Korea resuming nuclear plant operations, Iran going forward with theirs; Iraq is NOT doing anything in the background, right? Uh Huh!! Things seem to be heading in a direction that I'm not at all sure we need to be going. Then again, maybe it's fate. Got a better scenario?
penn

Not really.
We're headed in that direction.
The world has gone to $hit.

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
North Korea

Hopefully this is just posturing, a way for them to save face. But the next step might be critical. Do we continue to isolate them, or try to cool things down?

Does deterrence work? Or would they nuke us if they could? Should we just crush them now? Or wait until we blast Iraq and Iran first? NK is supposedly further along in their nuke program than the others, but there is the China issue to be considered. And they don't have any oil.

Solid points to ponder on. Would N. Korea launch if they had the range? The bast@&ds are just radical enough. The only thing keeping them from it is probably a real nasty retaliation. That, and possibly some behind the scenes backing of Mainland China?
we have to be REAL careful of not spreading our military too thin, is my feeling.

penn