Sheetz in Great Mills Closes After Employee Positive for COVID-19

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The article may say that - but it is conjecture which is not part of the study it refers to. There is no way research was done on the amount of social distancing and mask wearing done by the population in each region. And doing that wasn't something that was measured. That's guessing, and has no place in scientific study.

:yay:

- and not touching their face -

and there in lies [ IMHO ] the biggest problem with Masks ..... PEOPLE TOUCH THEIR FACE MORE Adjusting The Damn Thing

EVERY Time you touch your mask you are supposed to SANITIZE Your Hands .... And People Are NOT

meaning there are contaminating EVERYTHING they touch afterwards [ if they are infected ]

SamSpade

Glad you approve - but these kinds of summary reporting drive me nuts. Someone takes a study and adds their own conjectures - and it makes it seem scholarly - but it isn't. Every scrap of data I could see was culled largely from JHU's pile of COVID-19 data, and not a bit of it measures social distancing and mask wearing.

I've been up near DC and Baltimore and as far as being outside, no one is using masks any more than they are down here. WORSE, some of them are just plain using them WRONG - covering their mouth but not their nose. AND - they're single cloth masks or bandannas - which only limit the spread ASSUMING that one is infected. One thing the data clearly shows - you're very unlikely to get it, and if you're under 60, you're very unlikely to DIE from it - but if you're over 80, it has the high likelihood of KILLING you. And if you're under 30, your chances of it ever hurting you are so close to zero it's ridiculous - which means closing schools only helps TEACHERS, not kids.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Glad you approve - but these kinds of summary reporting drive me nuts.

You are welcome, you always succinctly put into words what I am thinking when I read these things .... you especally spanked Sapidus - aka Crabcatcher the other day, that guy makes my brain hurt with his Pedantic Word Games

One thing the data clearly shows - you're very unlikely to get it,

as I said previously I was willing to mask up for the greater good and caution .. now that 10's of thousands have been tested and the overall mortality rate has dropped to no more deadly the ANY OTHER FLU ... it is High Time to get over this nonsense and return society to normalcy .....

But our Politicians are drunk on power, and fear mongering to maintain control .....

all those people concern trolling for loved ones with compromised immune systems, should have been living a LIFESTYLE of caution all along not just because a NEW Strain of the Flu is in the wild

Last edited:

PeoplesElbow

Glad you approve - but these kinds of summary reporting drive me nuts. Someone takes a study and adds their own conjectures - and it makes it seem scholarly - but it isn't. Every scrap of data I could see was culled largely from JHU's pile of COVID-19 data, and not a bit of it measures social distancing and mask wearing.

I've been up near DC and Baltimore and as far as being outside, no one is using masks any more than they are down here. WORSE, some of them are just plain using them WRONG - covering their mouth but not their nose. AND - they're single cloth masks or bandannas - which only limit the spread ASSUMING that one is infected. One thing the data clearly shows - you're very unlikely to get it, and if you're under 60, you're very unlikely to DIE from it - but if you're over 80, it has the high likelihood of KILLING you. And if you're under 30, your chances of it ever hurting you are so close to zero it's ridiculous - which means closing schools only helps TEACHERS, not kids.
Well their parents, bus drivers, and anyone they come in contact with.

I've long said the closure wasn't so much to save lives but to preserve infrastructure. The Teddy Roosevelt situation made me think about that, their nuclear reactor operators were all falling ill, nobody to run it. The government cares far more about preserving infrastructure and continuity of operations than it does your life, no matter which party is in control. The Navy makes this clear in its fire drills aboard aircraft carriers, saving the carrier, the aircraft etc is far more important than saving someones life.

America is rioting now, Imagine if food was unavailable, if the power went out what would happen.

frequentflier

happy to be living
Papa John's in Solomons is closed now due to an employee testing positive. I wonder how long until someone sues a restaurant for infecting them.

How could they prove that is where they picked it up from? Then again, how could PJ's prove they didn't?

Jurgo

Hey everyone. Just to clarify: when I said “vraiblonde is an idiot” what I meant to say was “vraiblonde is NOT an idiot.” Thanks! Stay safe, folks, but not too safe. We don’t want to overstate the severity of this already exaggerated virus concern.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Hey everyone. Just to clarify: when I said “vraiblonde is an idiot” what I meant to say was “vraiblonde is NOT an idiot.” Thanks! Stay safe, folks, but not too safe. We don’t want to overstate the severity of this already exaggerated virus concern.
Sure. I believe you, yep I sure do. :killingme

Jurgo

You're new, how would you know either way?

this is a fair point, although I have been a lurker for some time now (since 2009 or so). More importantly, based on her cogent arguments and facility with relevant news stories, facts and data I can with complete confidence assert that vraiblonde is NOT an idiot.
Anyone who claims vraiblonde is an idiot is just plain wrong.
“vraiblonde is an idiot!” many might say, but not me. Just my two cents.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
I don’t know how to communicate my sincerity here; there is not the slightest trace of sarcasm when I tell you that vraiblonde is not an idiot.
Not at all.
Come on, you have got to know that she is the dumbest idiot in this box of rocks.
Not if they really know her.

frequentflier

happy to be living
this is a fair point, although I have been a lurker for some time now (since 2009 or so). More importantly, based on her cogent arguments and facility with relevant news stories, facts and data I can with complete confidence assert that vraiblonde is NOT an idiot.
“vraiblonde is an idiot!” many might say, but not me. Just my two cents.

You certainly qualify for the "ignore" feature on this site. BuhBye!