Shoppers supermarkets being sold

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I've got to disagree with this one. HT has fruit that you can eat that day, Shoppers is a crap shoot on is it going to ripen or rot. (pears and avocados)
I don't think pears ever ripen. :lol: I only eat them when they come in my Harry & David basket. Apricots are a whole different story. I gave up n them years ago. :ohwell: Avocados can be ripened in a paper bag.

warneckutz

I use to shop at McKays until I started noticing more and more stuff on the shelves that had expired. Finally when I dropped the moldy cheese at customer service and got a funny look I gave up.
Doesn't shock me... they sell plenty of spoiled meat as well...

When I heard what they used to do with the fish at Woodburns - I stopped going to all the McKay's unless it was a quick "must have"

Do this mean Buddy Lee will finally let Prince Albert out of the can? I think folks should stop and ask him over the next few days.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Chicken feet! That's another thing my darling daughter mentioned. I would think BJs's has it right. I mean, how many chicken feet is a serving? How much edible "meat" is in a chicken foot?

The Boss

Guess it depends what you are looking for, I'm not a fan of buying old produce.
Giant and Safeway are the only two local grocers that have USDA inspectors on site in their warehouses . All other local grocer's get their groceries from a third party supplier in Jessup MD. When Giant and Safeway turn down loads that is where they go and the other stores buy from there.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Really could've sworn I've seen them at HT and once at Weis. I'd seriously ask the meat dept at HT. Sometimes they're prices aren't the greatest, but the customer service in beyond amazing and they're super helpful. They'll order anything for you if they don't stock it.
BJ's has them occassionally, but you have to buy 10 lbs at a time.
Thank you but no thank you. Not my cup of tea. Just pointing out they had a market niche that Giant, Aldis and Teeter didn't really serve.

Clem72

Chicken feet! That's another thing my darling daughter mentioned. I would think BJs's has it right. I mean, how many chicken feet is a serving? How much edible "meat" is in a chicken foot?

My mother used to eat chicken's feet and necks. Never seemed worth the trouble to me, but then I wasn't an Oakie.

SamSpade

I've had duck webs at Chinese restaurants before - usually they're decorative, with the web dressed around a rice or meat ball.

But I can only think of two uses for chicken feet - making stock - or bait.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Do this mean Buddy Lee will finally let Prince Albert out of the can? I think folks should stop and ask him over the next few days.
I haven't seen him there in the last couple of weeks and I know that McKays isn't planning on picking up the shoppers staff, something from them being Union and Mckays not.

mitzi

I don't think pears ever ripen. :lol: I only eat them when they come in my Harry & David basket. Apricots are a whole different story. I gave up n them years ago. :ohwell: Avocados can be ripened in a paper bag.

I don't you can find them ripe unless they've just fallen from the tree :D

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
Not putting down anyone who would eat chicken feet, just wondering if they are a side dish or main course. People have told me that they can't get full eating crabs, but with a sleeve of saltines, I can make them a meal and it usually takes less than a dozen.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I don't you can find them ripe unless they've just fallen from the tree :D
Daughter has a yuge pear tree in their yard. I had one this year that was under ripe, but still pretty good. Of course, I HAD worked up an appetite working in her garden. I believe the deer get any pears that actually ripen and fall to the ground.

stgislander

PREMO Member
The locals slurped up at lot of the yellow goo made from cooked down chicken's feet at the Night market in Luodong Taiwan.

mitzi

Daughter has a yuge pear tree in their yard. I had one this year that was under ripe, but still pretty good. Of course, I HAD worked up an appetite working in her garden. I believe the deer get any pears that actually ripen and fall to the ground.

My daughter had one too where she used to live. They weren't the prettiest but they sure were good.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
My daughter had one too where she used to live. They weren't the prettiest but they sure were good.
Same here. I always thought that fruit trees needed pruning, but her's would take a damn bucket truck to reach the top.

Toxick

Splat
It always pays to shop at McKays.
With quality and discounts every day!
For you and your family
We give you this guarantee
It always pays to shop at McKays!

McKays Food Store!