Simple Yes/No Question

Do you have negative feelings or opinions on Muslims, Arabs, or North Africans?

• Total voters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Midnightrider said:
there were what 12 or 13 hijackers, and including them and people loosely attached to the 9/11 attack (planning etc) there might have been 30 who knows, doubtful it was more than 100. I just don't see how we can judge from such a small sampling.
But how many thousands cheered and shot off guns in celebration of the attack?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Midnightrider said:
its one of the more deserving ones i've seen.

Better than having a serious discussion about what you are going to or did eat for lunch, or some of the "copied from fark" links that get posted

Ya' know, if you're taking this character seriously, you have some serious issues. He has come on here and accused practically everyone here of being racist...based on what? When he didn't get the response he was looking for he called us rednecks and ho bags. :lmao:

If you want a serious discussion about racism, discuss it with someone who knows WTF they're talking about.

Midnightrider

vraiblonde said:
But how many thousands cheered and shot off guns in celebration of the attack?
but that is still a very small percentage of the whole religion.

and if you know anything about group dynamics people act very difeently in a group than when they are alone, many times against what they know to be morally right

Toxick

Splat
elaine said:
You say that as if this thread was deserving of serious discussion. :lmao:

The existence of this thread is an abomination.

It's like asking:

-------------------------------------------
Simple Question on Patriotism:

Do you Support G. Dubya Bush, or Do you hate America?
X Support
X Hate

Just getting a feel for how many traitors are in here.
-------------------------------------------

Midnightrider

elaine said:
Ya' know, if you're taking this character seriously, you have some serious issues. He has come on here and accused practically everyone here of being racist...based on what? When he didn't get the response he was looking for he called us rednecks and ho bags. :lmao:

If you want a serious discussion about racism, discuss it with someone who knows WTF they're talking about.
vria seems to be a quite competent person to discuss this with, even though we aren't going to agree....

And maybe youre right, he shouldn't have brought out the word racist, he should have left it at prjudice or bigot, that would have left the whole religion vs race question out of it. And when he said you are a bigot he would have been right on.

sleuth

Livin' Like Thanksgivin'
Midnightrider said:
thats my point, you are disgusted by the ones that support the criminal element, but wouldn't say blacks as a group support crime b/c you and i both know that most don't.

Maybe that's because she's seen no evidence of any Muslims that don't support (and they do support it by not condemning it and demanding from their leadership that something be done about it) terrorism. :shrug:

Midnightrider

sleuth said:
Maybe that's because she's seen no evidence of any Muslims that don't support (and they do support it by not condemning it and demanding from their leadership that something be done about it) terrorism. :shrug:
so if you don't see it on your tv or here on SOMD it hasn't happened? yeah, i am sure that ALL muslims want all of us infiedels murdered in the street :sarcasm:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Midnightrider said:
vria seems to be a quite competent person to discuss this with, even though we aren't going to agree....

And maybe youre right, he shouldn't have brought out the word racist, he should have left it at prjudice or bigot, that would have left the whole religion vs race question out of it. And when he said you are a bigot he would have been right on.

Exactly!

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Midnightrider said:
what are you trying to do, end this thread. Thats the last time i make a reasoned statement that someone might agree with!!! :yay:
I've been trying to kill this thread all day. Can't you tell?

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
rocknroll said:
muslims are a race of people identifiable by their religion same as the jews.

all that caucasoid negroid mongoloid bullshit is semantics.
Ah. Proved yourself stupid again.

2ndAmendment

Just a forgiven sinner
PREMO Member
SeaRide said:
I am not sure about the ethnicity part since there are:

...Black Jewish ( i.e. Whoopi Goldberg )
...German Jewish
...Italian Jewish
...Polish Jewish
...Russian Jewish
...etc
:elaine: :flowers:
You are right and Vrai :huggy: is wrong. The ethnicity is Israelite, a descendant of Abraham vs. Jew, a follower of Judaism vs. an Israeli, a citizen of Israel. It is true that descendants of Abraham are commonly called Jews.

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
2ndAmendment said:
You are right and Vrai :huggy: is wrong. The ethnicity is Israelite, a descendant of Abraham vs. Jew, a follower of Judaism vs. an Israeli, a citizen of Israel
My ex-husband's family on his father's side was Jewish by ethnicity but not religion. They did not call themselves "Israelite" - they called themselves Jewish.

My ex - more specifically - was a Southern Jew because his mother was from Alabama. :biggrin:

But I'll take the hug anyway :lol:

Mikeinsmd

rocknroll said:
Arabs are a very large part of the earth's population. Just because there are some bad ones doesn't mean they are all bad. Muslims are over 1/5 of the world's population. So of course there are some bad ones in there. But overall they are a peaceful religion. Luckily I think most people are aware of that. I grew up with a lot of Muslim friends and family members, and I don't need to look to the TV news to tell me what Muslims or Arabs are like. I do think that the media is partly responsible for the overwhelming racism that's developed over the last few years.
Then explain this dumbazz....

How many Hindu suicide bombers were there in the last decade??
How many Christian suicide bombers were there in the last decade??
How many Taoist suicide bombers were there in the last decade??
How many Jewish suicide bombers were there in the last decade??

Mikeinsmd

Midnightrider said:
its funny to me that so many people don't thik its prejudice to hate a whole religion over what a few have done. And i understand the argument that if the inoccent masses did more then it would be different. But the reason its funny to me is b/c hating muslims is PC right now. in a few years it will be koreans, or maybe russians. for me, i don't hold the world responsible for a few dumb azzes, no more than i think all black people are like malcom X or luis farakkahhhhn (or whatever). And the race vs religion thing, thats a very fine line. many religions define themselves as a race.
:nono: Wrong, wrong, wrong..... See my post asking how many other religions have & use suicide bombers on a regular basis!!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
In my mind the suicide/homicide bomber groups use the tactic simply because it works with a lot of damage with minimal loss and garners a lot of media attention for their cause. Religion comes into play when the group using the bombings points to foreign occupiers and demonizes them for threatening their local religion. Robert Pape of the University of Chicago studied 315 bombings between 1981 and 2004 and found that many of the bombers were secular and not devoutly religious.

Mikeinsmd

Ken King said:
In my mind the suicide/homicide bomber groups use the tactic simply because it works with a lot of damage with minimal loss and garners a lot of media attention for their cause. Religion comes into play when the group using the bombings points to foreign occupiers and demonizes them for threatening their local religion. Robert Pape of the University of Chicago studied 315 bombings between 1981 and 2004 and found that many of the bombers were secular and not devoutly religious.
But all just happened to be Muslim?