Single Parents and Dating...

Would you date a single parent of three?

• Yes, I would get into a serious relationship with one.

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No, I would stay far away from that.

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • I would hit it and quit it.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Being a divorced father with custody of my child, I have come to learn that it is a 2-way street. There are plenty of women that high-tailed it out of my life when they realized my child came first.

Hate to say it but when I reached the point in my life that settling down was an option I had definite criteria concerning men I would date. #1 on that list was that he have no children and preferably not have been previously married. Because I wanted children of my own I didn’t want him to have had a family previously. It would split his attention and finances away from any children we would have. Selfish? Yes, but I want my kids to have all the benefits that a stable intact family could give them. Him sending a huge chunk of this paycheck to another family was not something I wanted to deal with. Divorced dads often have a ton of emotional baggage and crazy demanding ex-wives. I didn’t want my kids to be a “second family”.

tommyjones

Right, but there are some guys out there that will want a single mom of 3, heck even 4 or 5 or 10...To each their own..

to each their own. but that doens't go towards answering sock's question, "why guys dont RUN away as soon as they hear she has 3 kids"

i gave an honest answer as to why, and what guys are thinking

M

missperky

to each their own. but that doens't go towards answering sock's question, "why guys dont RUN away as soon as they hear she has 3 kids"

i gave an honest answer as to why, and what guys are thinking

I have 4 kids and guys are told this up front...Most don't have a problem with it, those that do...see ya.

:lmao:

M

missperky

Exactly :yay:

And I normally need to date that person for awhile before I bring the kids into the picture.

Yup. I am in no rush or hurry. My kids will be brought into the pic when the time is right, when or if it is.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
I just took on four step children, a step-son-in-law AND a step-grandchild ( :yikes: ), and it has been a wonderful enrichment to my life. Did I set out to marry a man with so much history? No, but it has been a really nice addition to my life, and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way.

Now, I'd probably have a slightly different opinion if his children were younger, but as young adults, they really are fabulous people and I'm glad to have them in my little world.

PrepH4U

...are your needs?

I'm not being flip. What are your needs? Get laid once in awhile? Go out to dinner once in awhile? A movie? Or do you need a male in the house most of the time to do...what? Argue with you after a long day about how the kids should be raised? Share the now increased laundry load? House work? Help with the bills?

What are your needs?

A moderate to large sized dick.
:whistle:

signora

Hate to say it but when I reached the point in my life that settling down was an option I had definite criteria concerning men I would date. #1 on that list was that he have no children and preferably not have been previously married. Because I wanted children of my own I didn’t want him to have had a family previously. It would split his attention and finances away from any children we would have. Selfish? Yes, but I want my kids to have all the benefits that a stable intact family could give them. Him sending a huge chunk of this paycheck to another family was not something I wanted to deal with. Divorced dads often have a ton of emotional baggage and crazy demanding ex-wives. I didn’t want my kids to be a “second family”.

I think a lot of single women feel the same way for the reasons you mentioned. I think single men are more willing to date a woman w/children then a single woman is willing to date a man w/children. But nowadays, especially depending on age group, there are not many single ones out there who have never been married or without kids.

I feel if you are really interested in the person then you give them a chance and just see how it goes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But nowadays, especially depending on age group, there are not many single ones out there who have never been married or without kids.

And if they have a hard time finding their next victim, they should have thought about that the first time around. :shrug:

M

missperky

Divorced dads need love too. :shrug:

:whistle: