Single Parents and Dating...

Would you date a single parent of three?

• Yes, I would get into a serious relationship with one.

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No, I would stay far away from that.

Votes: 25 41.0%
  • I would hit it and quit it.

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
And if they have a hard time finding their next victim, they should have thought about that the first time around. :shrug:

My thoughts too. I didn't want one who already had a bad track record. It's not always their choice of course but it shows a little about their judgement on some level.

and to my anonymous karma giver, no I'm not alone. Been happily married for 9 years with 2 great kids.

M

missperky

My thoughts too. I didn't want one who already had a bad track record. It's not always their choice of course but it shows a little about their judgement on some level.

and to my anonymous karma giver, no I'm not alone. Been happily married for 9 years with 2 great kids.

Not all divorced dads have bad track records.

rack'm

Jaded
For a woman with children to seek out a man who's never been married and has no children is a huge mistake.............how can you expect him to know how to act around your children? :coffee:

sunflower

Loving My Life...

Just because someone is Divorced and has kids doesnt mean they have a bad track record.. It may not even be that persons fault for the divorce..

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
For a woman with children to seek out a man who's never been married and has no children is a huge mistake.............how can you expect him to know how to act around your children? :coffee:

Well presumably he wasn't raised by wolves. Hopefully he had a decent dad on the scene to emulate.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!
Just because someone is Divorced and has kids doesnt mean they have a bad track record.. It may not even be that persons fault for the divorce..

I know that, but that also plays into the emotional baggage part. Heartbroken dad, missing his kids, furious with his ex or whatever... It's just too messy.

Radiant1

Soul Probe
Ok, so I'm reading this thread and get to the end of the page and see this ad. WTF?? Maybe this is appropriate for single-parents with multiple bebe's mommas/daddys? :killingme

M

missperky

I know that, but that also plays into the emotional baggage part. Heartbroken dad, missing his kids, furious with his ex or whatever... It's just too messy.

That's a chance that I am willing to take and deal with, if it works out, great..if not oh well. But I am not missing out on a chance to be happy just because the guy is divorced with kids....JMO

sockgirl77

Your right! Anytime I see an advertisement disguised as a poll or a hypothetical question, I just have to comment, whether it's sockie or Kris. :killingme

Trust me, this is not an advertisement. I know that I am still waaaay too emotionally damaged to be dating again.

M

missperky

Not all are heart broken, or missing the kids, cuz they are in his life, and hard to believe some aren't furious with the ex, even tho some should be..

lovinmaryland

That's a chance that I am willing to take and deal with, if it works out, great..if not oh well. But I am not missing out on a chance to be happy just because the guy is divorced with kids....JMO

Exactly.. that is what life is about taking chances.

Sonsie

The mighty Al-Sonsie!

You should have seem how particular some of my other criteria was! Looking back now meeting the right guy who met everything right down to religion was probably a miracle! :lmao: