Skins coach tread...

OldHillcrestGuy

This means a complete rebuild. This is silly.

As Jim Vance just said this 'Sucks'

Its a complete start over now for the Skins, Looks like Danny Boy is really screwing up all over again. There are going to be a whole lot of pissed off players, Williams was their choice.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I don't care...

As Jim Vance just said this 'Sucks'

Its a complete start over now for the Skins, Looks like Danny Boy is really screwing up all over again. There are going to be a whole lot of pissed off players, Williams was their choice.

...what the players think; it's not their business to choose coaches. Their job is to earn their paycheck with good practice and their best effort every play. They don't need to like a coach to play well or to play together. They don't need to like each other.

The problem is that coaching, the plays a coach wants and how he wants them run make a huge difference in the NFL and the best players in the league can't just walk out there and mesh.

A coach may want more mobile o linemen or may want bruisers. He may want a power back or a smaller speed guy. So, this goes to personnel too, the type of players and their strengths and weaknesses. Is it a coincidence that NE will throw the ball 20 times in a row and have great pass blockers who aren't exactly bowling balls?

Williams has performed well as D coach over the last four years. He's gotten good results from the players. He leaves, then what?

I'm convinced Al Saunders hasn't been given the freedom he had in KC to run his offense. Does it make any sense that an aging vet did noticeably better than the young gun? Was that Gibbs putting on the training wheels? Is Campbell simply not the qb for Saunders system? He had something like
the #1, #1, #3 and #4 offenses his last four years in KC. He never had a big, strong qb.

As it is, what if he was given a good, tall, fast WR and some depth on O line?

This is just nonsense...IF winning is the goal.

DuffMan

this morning on the radio they said that the Skins will make Jim Fassel the new head coach, Seahawks quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn for the offensive coordinator position and Baltimore's coordinator Rex Ryan to replace Gregg Williams. The announcement will take place today.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
If it...

this morning on the radio they said that the Skins will make Jim Fassel the new head coach, Seahawks quarterbacks coach Jim Zorn for the offensive coordinator position and Baltimore's coordinator Rex Ryan to replace Gregg Williams. The announcement will take place today.

...ain't fixed, break it some more.

:killingme

:jameo:

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
The announcement will take place today.

Really? 92.7 (Redskins Radio) was reporting all morning (on our commute) that Snyder may wait until after the Super Bowl because he might want to talk to assistant coaches from the Giants and Patriots.

chess

low 5... hi 5......

aint happening...

DuffMan

Really? 92.7 (Redskins Radio) was reporting all morning (on our commute) that Snyder may wait until after the Super Bowl because he might want to talk to assistant coaches from the Giants and Patriots.

I don't know for sure thats just what Scott Farell said this morning ( well actually the re-play of last nights show) on the sirius.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That figures...

Snyder and Cerrato are in Pa raising the ante every hour til Bill says okay.

...seeings how he's in NC. :lmao:

They're probably talking to a cardboard cutout of Cowher outside Three Rivers and the longer he ignores him, the more they want him. :killingme

I wonder if Dan has ever considered, all these years, someone who actually wants the job?

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy

They're probably talking to a cardboard cutout of Cowher outside Three Rivers and the longer he ignores him, the more they want him. :killingme

I wonder if Dan has ever considered, all these years, someone who actually wants the job?

It wasn't that funny. :lol:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My gut...

Larry...

Whats your gut saying about the skins ?

...is saying :barf:

Snyder claims to be this life long Skins fan who was a kid during the Gibbs glory years and yet he does nothing, or little anyway, as owner that resembles what he claims to love.

I mean, winning teams have consistent coaching, at least at the head, they have foundation players who get better each year and they make smart personnel moves that don't disrupt the team, the thing the fans are in love with and want to support.

I don't blame him at all for wanting to play with his toy and be part of meetings and player selection (employee hiring really). What fun! But, damn, he's like the kid in the neighborhood with the only K2 whose only redeeming quality as far as the game goes is it's his ball.

I could care less if he hates Gregg Williams and doesn't like Al Saunders. Go to them and say 'Look, it's your jobs. I'm getting us a big, fast WR who can catch, some depth on O and D line and another CB or two. Al, I want you to be the #1 offense in the league and Gregg I want you to be the #1 defense with an eye on winning the Superbowl. I want that trophy! I'm telling all the players they are either in or out and it's up to them. I'll replace everybody who doesn't have the same goal as we do and doesn't wanna be here. Now get the #### to work! We'll see where we are in 12 months."

Anyone but Gregg and Al means next year is most likely a throw away season of rebuilding.

My gut says it's too late to keep them. He's put himself in a position where he has to do SOMETHING. He's already made it clear he doesn't want them anyway. I think Catt is right; Now he'll feel like he has to go to Cowher and keep adding zero's until he gives in and we'll have another coach, after Spurrier, Marty and Gibbs who really didn't want to be here.

For all I know, Gregg and Al don't want the jobs.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
...is saying :barf:

I was going to post that for you...but decided to let you have all the fun.

Frankly, I'm tired of all the :drama: They can hire who they want, take their time, don't name anyone until next August. I'm a Redskins fan, I'll root for the team..it's what I do. But, I lost my passion years ago with free agency, when Cooke died, etc. I keep wanting to LOVE them again, but they keep pulling the rug out from under me.

But, hey, they still sell Kool Aid.

chess

low 5... hi 5......
I told my buddy from day one that williams wouldnt get the head coaching position... I still feel that way... the one thing on offense we have lacked is a big wide out that can go across the middle and take a hit....