Skins/lions

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I was very happy about the G-game. Totally shut down the Buccs. :yay:

The Giants did, in fact, dominate the Buccs. Something like 390 yards total offense, while the NY Giant defense held the Buccs to around 90 yards!

Eli Manning threw 2 TDs, as well. :buddies:

PsyOps

Pixelated
Am I right, in sensing a "shake up" in the Washington Redskins' management make up, next year?

Do fans really want to see Jim Zorn ousted? Dan Snyder kicked off the bus? :popcorn:

Say it ain't so!

Can't get rid of an owner... too bad eh? But I said at the end of last season that if Zorn has a losing season this year, he's gone. With Snottie's track record it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone by Wednesday.

Can't get rid of an owner... too bad eh? But I said at the end of last season that if Zorn has a losing season this year, he's gone. With Snottie's track record it wouldn't surprise me if he's gone by Wednesday.

Is George Allen available? I hear he used to be pretty good.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Wow! Who'd have thought the Bengals would have beaten the Steelers?

BuddyLee, are these guys, your new heroes? :popcorn:
Nah, but I enjoy a great game. That Minnesota v. San Francisco game was superb as well.

I also enjoy a Steelers loss.:smile:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
Nah, but I enjoy a great game. That Minnesota v. San Francisco game was superb as well.

I also enjoy a Steelers loss.:smile:

Dayum! I see where the next Redskins challenge - is going to be against the Tampa Bay Buccs!

Wonder what the odds are going to be on THAT game!?! :popcorn:

Penn

Dancing Up A Storm
I'd guess 0.

Who would bet on either team?

Point taken. Odds are not good.

Ok, next week, the NY Giants are visiting the Kansas City Chiefs, then the week after that, the Giants entertain the Los Angeles Raiders at home.

Where you gonna place your bets? :popcorn:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Ok, that's funny! Sad, but funny. :lol:

This is interesting; Boswell

Thomas Boswell - In Big Picture for Washington Redskins Organization, Focus Disappeared Long Ago - washingtonpost.com

This week, Clinton Portis said he thought the Redskins had the most talent in the NFL. Comments like that have been common in the Redskins' locker room for the past 10 years -- regardless of all available evidence. Not only is the view tolerated at Redskins Park, it is encouraged and marketed. Where does this fallacy arise? In the owner's suite, where the price of players is equated with their performance?

They refuse to define themselves by the final scoreboard but, instead, cling to their own private view of themselves and their far higher value -- sometimes based on their performances in other years or even on other teams.

After a wonderful 10-catch, 178-yard game, wide receiver Santana Moss fell into the deepest and worst snare -- and one that constantly catches the Redskins. Moss said many reasonable things after this defeat. But he also said the magic words that always make my skin crawl in a locker room. "We are the better team," he said.

They have the view of their worth based on WHAT THEY GET PAID.

This IS an incredibly talented group of players, as usual. Maybe the most talented in the league. However, that is irrelevant. We've all seen talented teams get beat time and time and time again by better...teams.

The Redskins are not a good team. They're always good at this position, weak at that one, great at this position, horrible at this one. It's a mish mash collection full of shiny baubles and over looked duds.

The team, every team, is a reflection of the owner and his values, of how he does business and what he values.

Slow and steady? Not us?
Best coaching? Nope.
Get it done or else? No.
Just win, baby? Ha.

Dan Snyder likes the splash and the shiny things and the big signings. That is what he wants to do, that is what he does. He sees this from the promotional side of a business and that's what he does. That is what he's done since day one be it Dion, Bruce Smith, Spurrier, Gibbs, Portis, Lloyd and Archuletta, all the flashy #1's who all play the same position, DB's, Rogers, Springs, Taylor, Hall, Landry, or the latest and, perhaps, biggest of them all, Haynesworth and his record contract.

Even now, everyone expects that Snyder is working on the next BIG THING, Cowher or Shanahan or, who knows, Knute Rockne?

There are great players galore. There's just no team in all of this.

cattitude

My Sweetest Boy
It starts at the top. Snyder treats all of his employees like crap from the janitor to the quarterback. He is all about the money. Players aren't stupid. Snyder will never have a winning team.