Skins/Saints game tread...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I could have sworn I heard a whistle, as soon as he hit the ground and where the ball was coming out of Sellers hand as his left arm was on the ground:shrug: I could have sworn a whistle was steadily blowing. When the whistle blows I thought a play was blown dead... they can't over turn a whistle or something :shrug:I don't have rewind on here but could have sworn I heard whistles blowing the play dead steadily on Seller's questionable fumble. Also wasn't aware calling timeout was equal to something that shold have been up to the officials on their own to review :shrug: :crazy: :lol: Good showing today skins nonetheless :cheers:

Nope. They changed it this past offseason. Even if it is blown dead, if they review it, it counts. There was supposed to be an emphasis this season on not blowing fumbles dead too soon.

I misspoke. What I meant to say is I can't much quibble with either call. I think Moore picked it and I think Sellers fumbled.

:buddies:

I think they got the overtime call right, but I don't think there was enough evidence to have overturned it. I don't think Moore made the pick though, but it was close and I think they might have been right not to overturn it. Point being, it's pretty easy to question whether or not different standards for 'conclusive evidence' were applied in overturning one but not the other.

But, hey, it's all good with me - I'm still alive for a prop bet. :lol:

D

dems4me

Nope. They changed it this past offseason. Even if it is blown dead, if they review it, it counts. There was supposed to be an emphasis this season on not blowing fumbles dead too soon.

Well, that makes no sense... why even have whistles? :shrug: It should be if it blows play is over end of story - not keep on playing and ignorning it :shrug: Whats next? Whistle blows, it means play is ALMOST over?? :ohwell: Sellers or someone could have fought for the ball a bit but whistles were blowing... then... someone calls a time out (without an ability to request a review) and then the offficials review it? I'm not liking it at all but do like the good showing.:clap: Good job Skins! :clap:

Yeah, as long as who recovered, or would have recovered, is clear - meaning that, there was no way that the (misplaced) whistle could have affected who recovered the ball.

Beta84

They're out to get us
Well, that makes no sense... why even have whistles? :shrug: It should be if it blows play is over end of story - not keep on playing and ignorning it :shrug: Whats next? Whistle blows, it means play is ALMOST over?? :ohwell: Sellers or someone could have fought for the ball a bit but whistles were blowing... then... someone calls a time out (without an ability to request a review) and then the offficials review it? I'm not liking it at all but do like the good showing.:clap: Good job Skins! :clap:

I think it's a judgement call. I was watching the Cowboys game and I think I saw a replay of this play...the ball was OUT before the whistle. The Saints guy recovered AFTER the whistle but it was apparent he was going to recover regardless. In fact, he would have returned it quite a ways if not for the whistle that shouldn't have been blown in the first place. If anything, the Skins were lucky the whistle was blown because it shouldn't have been. Some of ya are sitting here whining about how dare they give the Saints the ball, when if the refs hadn't screwed up, the Saints would have been in much better position after that play.

D

dems4me

I think it's a judgement call. I was watching the Cowboys game and I think I saw a replay of this play. :blahblah:

:lol: I kept saying good showing by the Skins they had the Saints on the ropes :yay: We did great! :clap:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yeah, as long as who recovered, or would have recovered, is clear - meaning that, there was no way that the (misplaced) whistle could have affected who recovered the ball.

That was the stated intent. The Saint's messed up by not playing it out after the recovery. That was the goal, to not lose big plays. THAT woulda made it a HUGE call!

Larry Gude

Strung Out

Thus are the trade offs of calling a human game based on machines. :shrug:

I think it's a better game with replay. :buddies:

D

dems4me

OK, but, no doubt, we shoulda won that game, just like the Dallas game.

:buddies:

:buddies: I agree... but this wasnt a one point game the entire game :lol: We'll get 'em next year!! (I hope) :lol: :cheers: I also stand by that when the whistle blows play shoudl be over :shrug: Good, bad or indifferent, there needs to be SOMETHING that is upheld to stop the play :shrug: Eventually something needs to stop them, if not then they can keep on blowing the whistle and people still pushing and shoving and snatching footballs off the guys hands while he's lying on his back even... JMO though. Didn't know whistles meant nothing on a review - that just blows me away :lol: Same as being able to call a time out to force an illegal review. :yay: No biggie. It was a great 3 hours and just a bad 10 min. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
shoulda, shoulda, shoulda, shoulda, shoulda, shoulda..........................
:blahblah::blahblah::blahblah:

When your kicker misses what amounts to extra points when it isn't even the last play of the game it's a 'shoulda'. We ain't saying we 'shoulda' put together a 13 play drive for the winning TD and leave :02 on the clock.

:shrug:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
When your kicker misses what amounts to extra points when it isn't even the last play of the game it's a 'shoulda'. We ain't saying we 'shoulda' put together a 13 play drive for the winning TD and leave :02 on the clock.

Hire/buy a new kicker.

Beta84

They're out to get us

He kicked it straight, just like a PAT. He needed an angle so it wasn't like a PAT! :lol:

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I guess I'm the only one that is asking WTF was Zorn thinking by not trying for a TD instead of playing "not to lose" and running on 3rd and goal when there was no way to run the clock out? Yea, he should have made the field goal but why play not to lose instead of trying to win?

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
I guess I'm the only one that is asking WTF was Zorn thinking by not trying for a TD instead of playing "not to lose" and running on 3rd and goal when there was no way to run the clock out? Yea, he should have made the field goal but why play not to lose instead of trying to win?

It's shoulda.