SMO: Giving men Ultimatums...

Qurious

Im On 1.
Honestly I think the end result will not be in your favor. Men are stubbon and full of pride, the last thing they want to do is yield to a woman and your so called "ultimatum":

"It will be 10 years in 2006 that we have been together and not married. We have 2 children who wonder why my last name isn't their last name. Either you put a ring on my finger by Xmas or you go your way and I'll go mine."

Keep in mind this woman does not know how to cook, she doesn't clean and she doesn't polish him off. Yet she feels she is in the right because of the time she invested with him (10 years) to give him an ultimatum.

Thoughts, comments? :popcorn:

Qurious

Im On 1.
rack'm said:
Giving a man an ultimatum is just an invitation to be disappointed.
I totally agree....

If he hasn't done it by now he isnt going to do it. And you giving him some choice when your not bringing anything to the table will do nothing but make u look stupid.

harleygirl

Working for the weekend
Qurious said:
Honestly I think the end result will not be in your favor. Men are stubbon and full of pride, the last thing they want to do is yield to a woman and your so called "ultimatum":

"It will be 10 years in 2006 that we have been together and not married. We have 2 children who wonder why my last name isn't their last name. Either you put a ring on my finger by Xmas or you go your way and I'll go mine."

Keep in mind this woman does not know how to cook, she doesn't clean and she doesn't polish him off. Yet she feels she is in the right because of the time she invested with him (10 years) to give him an ultimatum.

Thoughts, comments? :popcorn:
He will probably buy a ring but keep putting off the wedding date. If she really just wants to get married, she was stupid for waiting ten years. Untimatums rarely work.

rack'm

Jaded
Qurious said:
I totally agree....

If he hasn't done it by now he isnt going to do it. And you giving him some choice when your not bringing anything to the table will do nothing but make u look stupid.

Communication is the key if either wants something; they need to talk about what they want and work together to get to the end result. Far too often one will talk around the issue while the other gets bored with the ride. :whistle:

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
If a situation is intolerable, you should make your feeling known to the party involved. If you do present a solution and a deadline with set consequences, be prepared to carry through with your decision (i.e., move out by CHRISTmas)

What the hell is Xmas? Catholic services for divorced people?

Qurious

Im On 1.
harleygirl said:
He will probably buy a ring but keep putting off the wedding date. If she really just wants to get married, she was stupid for waiting ten years. Untimatums rarely work.

"i think he's going to do it on xmas" she says.

Im like: :eyebrow:

And she says she is going to plan the wedding in January.... :killingme

Qurious

Im On 1.
aps45819 said:
If a situation is intolerable, you should make your feeling known to the party involved. If you do present a solution and a deadline with set consequences, be prepared to carry through with your decision (i.e., move out by CHRISTmas)

What the hell is Xmas? Catholic services for divorced people?

:killingme

She wont even file for child support let alone being able to follow through with her final decision if he doesn't give her a ring....

I couldn't imagine waiting 10 years and then finally saying 'hit the road jack' ....

10 years and no proposal??? That's her fault.........

Qurious

Im On 1.
rack'm said:
Why doesn't she propose to him?

Your joking right.

To even fathom the thought of any woman getting down on her knee to ask a man to be her husband is a disgrace....

rack'm

Jaded
Qurious said:
Your joking right.

To even fathom the thought of any woman getting down on her knee to ask a man to be her husband is a disgrace....

Pride getting in the way?? :really:

Exactly what does this turnip think she's going to gain by marrying the guy??

Bustem' Down

Give Peas a Chance
Qurious said:
Your joking right.

It's actually traditionally acceptable for women to propose on Feb 29th.

Qurious

Im On 1.
Tigerlily said:
I figured if it was your sister you would be looking forward to booting her and your bratty nephew out of your apt. that you pay for. :popcorn:

Your the Queen of Assumptions....

need a toothpick for that popcorn?

Qurious

Im On 1.
rack'm said:
Pride getting in the way?? :really:

Exactly what does this turnip think she's going to gain by marrying the guy??

Actually I think she's wrapped up in that princess fairy tale wedding fantasy...

she enjoys reading wedding books...but wont do the things that require you to even get engaged!!!!

he told her he wants her to start working out....(she's fat). her reply:

"he'll have to except me for who I am."

women are dizzy sometimes....always wanting what they want but not doing anything to get it.