Smoking, seriously

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
For all who pack their own cigarettes, what brand is the machine you use? Husband smokes and goes out of state for cigs so this might be an option for him.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
no, you are picking up every bug. Most people i know dont get sick that often. \
:continueddenial:

You keep saying "denial" - what exactly do you think I'm in denial about? I'm making observations and asking questions, how is that denial?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well thanks Dr. Larry F.O.S

I never knew that you could diagnose another's health through a community forum.

And who else knew that as long as you floss daily... you are never really sick?

BRILLIANT! :sarcasm:

I have no been sick ONE day, NOT one, since I quit smoking AND started flossing EVERY day. I miss days flossing sometimes. I've had days I didn't feel all that good. I've had a minor cold or two but, every single time I felt awful was self inflicted be it awful eating or :otter:

I could save our nation a #### ton on health care. "Here you go, pops. A little waxed string or quintuple bypass. Your choice. One is covered. One is not."

:evil:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You keep saying "denial" - what exactly do you think I'm in denial about? I'm making observations and asking questions, how is that denial?

It's not. You've been very understanding about the immunological implications of your prior poor choices. (I looked it up)

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's not. You've been very understanding about the immunological implications of your prior poor choices. (I looked it up)

Yes, it appears that quitting smoking was an immunologically poor choice. But it's too late now, I'm out of the habit.

Midnightrider

you are in denial about cigs being addictive.

you are also in denial about you being sick all the time not being "abnormal". Most people who dont smoke or dont vape dont get sick all of the time. They dont cough and sneeze all the time or catch every bug that comes along. I work with a building full of people who aren't always sick and we only have 2 smokers out of about 120 people.

but please, keep telling yourself that nicotine is not addictive and that being sick all the time is normal for people who dont smoke

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
you are in denial about cigs being addictive.

you are also in denial about you being sick all the time not being "abnormal". Most people who dont smoke or dont vape dont get sick all of the time. They dont cough and sneeze all the time or catch every bug that comes along. I work with a building full of people who aren't always sick and we only have 2 smokers out of about 120 people.

but please, keep telling yourself that nicotine is not addictive and that being sick all the time is normal for people who dont smoke

Actually, given the number of people who've come on to support my observation, it appears that it's you who is in denial.

Why is this subject making you so angry and combative? Do you need a cigarette to calm you down?

Midnightrider

Actually, given the number of people who've come on to support my observation, it appears that it's you who is in denial.

Why is this subject making you so angry and combative? Do you need a cigarette to calm you down?

i'm not being combative or angry. I am just pointing out the reality. Most people who dont smoke are not sick all the time and niocotine is addictive.

BTW, i have not seen anyone support your contention that nicotine is not addictive or that most people who dont smoke get sick all the time.

PeoplesElbow

Lets go ahead and tell the REST of the story shall we?

From the PG Wiki:

"Propylene glycol is used as an humectant (E1520), solvent, and preservative in food and for tobacco products, as well as being one of the major ingredients of the "e-liquid" used in electronic cigarettes along with vegetable glycerin. Propylene glycol is also used in various edible items such as coffee, ice cream, whipped dairy products, beer and soda.[7] Vaporizers used for delivery of pharmaceuticals or personal care products often include propylene glycol among the ingredients they are filled with.[4] Propylene glycol is used as a solvent in many pharmaceuticals, including oral, injectable and topical formulations, such as for diazepam and lorazepam which are insoluble in water.[8]"

I guess we better tell the grocery stores to close down! Don't forget about the pharmacy... :cds:

If antifreeze is in icecream how does it freeze then?