Smoking, seriously

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Ken, checked the site out and it says it cannot sell cigarette tobacco. Where do you get your tobacco from?

They call it "pipe tobacco", cut a little rougher than regular cigarette tobacco. I've tried several of the brands over the years and the best, IMO, is called "The Good Stuff".

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
They call it "pipe tobacco", cut a little rougher than regular cigarette tobacco. I've tried several of the brands over the years and the best, IMO, is called "The Good Stuff".

:yeahthat: I definitely prefer "The Good Stuff", however, I've found "Smokers Pride" a cheaper alternative and available at the local Food Lion. I smoke menthol, so the differnce in the two may be night and day in regular flavor.

Edit: I use a "Top-o-Matic" crank roller and the cheapest filter tubes available.

Last edited:

Christy

b*tch rocket
In the year and a half since I quit smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day, I've been sick more than I have probably in the whole rest of my life put together. Flu bug, bronchial, blah blah blah, one thing after another. I remember that when my mom quit smoking a thousand years ago, too, that she suddenly was always sick with some bug.

So how do you anti-smoking zealots explain that? Because this is not anecdotal, this is a true first-person account of my own health and what I have personally observed.

You may be on to something Vrai.

I quit smoking about 7-8 months ago. Never had allergies, EVER. Now I am a walking snot bomb. :mad:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
You may be on to something Vrai.

I quit smoking about 7-8 months ago. Never had allergies, EVER. Now I am a walking snot bomb. :mad:

Smoking is just another zealot thing we did. There are positives to nicotine. Just not PC to say so. :shrug:

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Smoking is just another zealot thing we did. There are positives to nicotine. Just not PC to say so. :shrug:

I've seen some decent research papers for the benefits and the issues with nicotine. Its all about dosage. The biggest problem is that many people cannot disassociate nicotine from tobacco.

As for PG, it is an antifreeze, and I have this argument a lot with people who do not want to educate themselves. It also has other uses, antifreeze is just an industrial one, but its generally only used when leakage can cause environmental harm. Most of your standard stuff including PentaFrost, Dexcool, and the green Prestone stuff contains the ethylene Glycol.

Pushrod

Patriot
In the year and a half since I quit smoking 2 packs of cigarettes a day, I've been sick more than I have probably in the whole rest of my life put together. Flu bug, bronchial, blah blah blah, one thing after another. I remember that when my mom quit smoking a thousand years ago, too, that she suddenly was always sick with some bug.

So how do you anti-smoking zealots explain that? Because this is not anecdotal, this is a true first-person account of my own health and what I have personally observed.

I wonder Vrai, if there are just more respiratory diseases in society now or more infectious virus's. I used to rarely get sick, maybe once every ten years. The past two years I have gotten colds or sinus infections 3 or 4 times a year and they seem to last up to two weeks.
It could also have something to do with my four-year-old boy being in pre-school and acting as a host/vector to every bug going around.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I wonder Vrai, if there are just more respiratory diseases in society now or more infectious virus's. I used to rarely get sick, maybe once every ten years. The past two years I have gotten colds or sinus infections 3 or 4 times a year and they seem to last up to two weeks.
It could also have something to do with my four-year-old boy being in pre-school and acting as a host/vector to every bug going around.

Nope. It's biology. Everything competing to live. Things not making it so that others may live, nature and the constant battle that equals balance.

We used to be closer to the soil, a pyramid that goes from bottom to top; soil, microbes, plant life, insects, birds, herbivore, omnivore, carnivore, man. Modern ag and science is all about destruction of that balance in pursuit of better control through production, purchase and use of chemicals. Yields go up, damage is reduced, the balance is LOST. A balance that, while it could be harmful by simple fact of BAD places with bad pre conditions for man, was also enormously beneficial in terms of balance. Healthy soil means healthy microbes means healthy plant life means healthy insects and on up the chain. In every case, poor anything, plants, animals, people, goes right back to the soil and lack of balance is supposed to me losers be it anything on that pyramid that is out of balance.

Well, we don't like the idea of us dying off as part of balance thus commercial ag improving our survivability but at great cost to the balance that would normally keep us in check. So, while many more would die on a regular basis in nature way too many of us live and we do it by the imbalance we create in the soil and in turn right on up the pyramid to where now we are dependent on our industrial practices to keep this many of us alive. Yet we can not escape poor soil meaning poor microbes, plants, bugs, on up. Poor soil = poor people.

So, we have a LOT of weak people. It shows itself, like it does in the soil, microbes, plants, bugs, on up, in weakness's that, instead of dying off, we perpetuate with....more industrial ag, medicine and everything we can come up with to create an artificial balance, artificial health.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I've seen some decent research papers for the benefits and the issues with nicotine. Its all about dosage. .

Yup. Everything is. Dosage, balance. Life. Biology. Little bit of this, little bit of that. The only place imbalance is acceptable is the obvious;

Beer

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Yup. Everything is. Dosage, balance. Life. Biology. Little bit of this, little bit of that. The only place imbalance is acceptable is the obvious;

Beer

With beer moderation is key. By moderation I mean you should have enough so you don't run out.

On another note I have been vain for about 3 years, 1 using the newer advanced systems. I have not been sick at all. I usually have 1-2 bad colds or a respiratory infection. So far I have been good.

Christy

b*tch rocket

I have no idea what this means, but, back to my original post.... An update. It was a cold not allergies. :hooray: Worst cold EVER though. Bet it wouldn't have been nearly as bad if I was still sucking on the cancer sticks. :ohwell:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

yes ... my 10 yr old never got sick, until she started going to school

SG_Player1974

yes ... my 10 yr old never got sick, until she started going to school

:yeahthat:

I put a lot of the blame on the parents Usually, my kids are germ free the entire summer. Within a week of "school days" they are sick. Countless times I have dropped off my kids or taken them into class only to see one or two of their classmates snot-filled and coughing.

If your kid is sick.... it is not a daycare so you can work or run errands! KEEP THEM AT HOME! :yay: